FS: 2003 Jetta wagon 5MT

InSaNeBoY

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW
Monday bump :)

random info to add: found out the person buying my house has a mk4 jetta TDi wagon... Guess its good I left my wagon in the driveway and took my wife's car when she first looked at the house. heh.

InSaNeBoY

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW
I borrowed a few tools while at work, needs the drivers side (#4?) glow plug replaced. work does not have the right socket and my tools are packed. So I will replace that after I've moved or I will discount an additional $20 off the price of the car :)

Did find the glow plug harness has been replaced already by the previous owner! bonus!

trafly

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
I'd grab your car if not 3K miles away. As I noted in my post, I just got back from a drive to your coast just last month. Not sure I'm up for another so soon :D. good luck

InSaNeBoY

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW
I'd grab your car if not 3K miles away. As I noted in my post, I just got back from a drive to your coast just last month. Not sure I'm up for another so soon :D. good luck
Awww, you know you want to do that drive again. its nothing like Florida in summer, slightly cooler out... :D

benIV

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 PG 5m Jetta GL Sedan, 2003 RS 5m Jetta GLS Wagon (Golf Variant)
TB done at 99K? first one i take it? isn't that a bit late? Someone correct me if I'm wrong but i thought first one was 60K or so (perhaps my memory is going). I'm definitely interested if I can make things work and get up to ME from NC and I can convince the wife to finally let me get the 03 wagon I've been wanting (wish it were platinum gray, lol)

Anyway, no one has mentioned it so maybe i'm just not understanding of TB change intervals or what is acceptable. Some well knowing tdi'ers help me out here?

Will the next TB change be due immediately or at 199k?

I'm not trying to find something to worry and second guess about, but I have been looking for a while and I'm surprised to see this still here. lol. Let me know about TB OP/anyone.

If it all checks out and wifey doesn't veto, I'm very very interested.

Last edited:

InSaNeBoY

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW
100k mi interval on the timing belt. The original owner of the car was a stickler for by the book service. He drove 50 mi one way to have it serviced at the dealer. Only thing he did at a local independent shop was tires and state inspection.

According to the records when the belt was done they did the WP, tensioner and rollers. So you're good until 199k. If I were keeping it, I'd do it at 190-195k, just to be on the safe side.

benIV

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 PG 5m Jetta GL Sedan, 2003 RS 5m Jetta GLS Wagon (Golf Variant)
thanks for the response. I will be talking this over with the wife and seeing if it's possible. I hope it is. In the meantime, good luck.

InSaNeBoY

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW
Some people have asked, so I unpacked the records. The glowplug harness was replaced at 119k mi. CEL is just for the glowplug, it tests out at infinite resistance.

InSaNeBoY

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW
Just got it to the new house(left it in the work lot while moving). Some horrible person knocked one of the bumper grills out and broke a tab on it :mad: luckily I found it on the other end of the lot.

*edit: outside spigots on the new house don't work, poor thing is dirty and I can't wash it.

Last edited:

therabbittree

Veteran Member
TDI
B4 passat, 2000 Golf, 2003 Allroad tdi
Interested in the car, did it ever have the CCV vent moved or EGR delete? we are not too far away a few hrs, etc. I will pm you too.
Thanks,
Deo

InSaNeBoY

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW
Amazed its in my driveway still, no one has come to see it yet. Been a while since I've driven it, but it started right up last night.

Turbodude1

Veteran Member
TDI
1999.5 Golf 2dr. RCII, sprint 520s, shine susp
Amazed its in my driveway still, no one has come to see it yet. Been a while since I've driven it, but it started right up last night.
Apparently this is not the season to sell a car. Running into the exact same issue with the A3. In the event that you have to hang onto it, I think you will have much better luck in the spring with tax return season.

mkwheels

TDI
1999 VW Polo Classic Mk3 1.9L SDI
Hi there, a few questions. How is the suspension - does she still have original components? How is the injection pump holding up - any leaks? Thanks!

InSaNeBoY

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW
Hi there, a few questions. How is the suspension - does she still have original components? How is the injection pump holding up - any leaks? Thanks!
far as I remember just the strut top/bearings have been replaced, have to look at the records again to see if any other suspension components were replaced. IP is fine.

InSaNeBoY

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW
Bump. plenty of people say they want it, still no one has bothered to come look at it. I know it'll sell if people would come see it. it's a really good TDi and a hell of a deal.

TDI
2011 Jetta Sport Wagen
Too bad you are so far away, this would be an excellent work car for me. Maine is a ways off from Seattle through! Hard to find these out here for anywhere near your price.