Audi bringing A4 TDI to US- 190 hp/295 lb/ft

diesel4ever

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2000, black
While automatics have come a long way, I still prefer good old manual. Its advantage still outweighs its 'crudness'. I have a 2015 Jetta with DSG transmission. It's so much better than the old automatics. Still, driving to Mount Washington during the TDI fest, it felt lost in that world. Generally, it managed to be in 'wrong' gear for most of the time in the hilly areas. I know some of it is our perception what gear it should be in, but on number of occasions it didn't shift down quick enough to keep the optimal speed going. Being able to 'bump start' the car just saved my son towing charge.
Yes, the new autos are supprior in some ways, but I still preffer home cooking over prepared meals. More work, but it tastes better.

atc98002

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL Premium (sold back), 2009 Jetta (sold back), 80 Rabbit diesel (long gone)
Two languages is impressive. Go over that and you're phenomenal! I think my daughter is to to 5 or 6 now, and I'm just amazed.

For anyone who's first language is not English, my hat is off. :)

atc98002

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL Premium (sold back), 2009 Jetta (sold back), 80 Rabbit diesel (long gone)
Two languages is impressive. Go over that and you're phenomenal! I think my daughter is to to 5 or 6 now, and I'm just amazed. :eek:

For anyone who's first language is not English, my hat is off. :)