CarPlay head unit

Jerryleejr

TDI
2015 Passat
Looking for ideas, leaning towards the pioneer app 4 head unit. Found an install kit that has everything except the harness for the back up camera. Lifetime warranty on the installation.

JJ

Jerryleejr

TDI
2015 Passat
Check out my thread, which has info on the backup camera harness if you haven't found one yet.
I read it, lots of good info and that's probably the rvc adapter I will go with. Just narrowing down which head unit to get and making sure I have everything I need for the install.

JJ

JaredC01

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE - 6MT
Would personally go for one of the NEX radios over the AppRadio... The AppRadio's seem to go out of style awfully quickly (as technology changes), and they don't have the extra features that make them still viable as a standalone stereo.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

Jerryleejr

TDI
2015 Passat
Would personally go for one of the NEX radios over the AppRadio... The AppRadio's seem to go out of style awfully quickly (as technology changes), and they don't have the extra features that make them still viable as a standalone stereo.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk
I've never felt the need in 20yrs to put an after market unit in a car, (not an audiophile) I'm just looking for easier access for basic phone function. And I agree the NEX series probably offers more long term benefits, however I just listen to podcasts, pandora and my play lists. So I'm hoping the appradio 4 will meet my needs.

JJ