Houston TDI owners

ahodge1

TDI
Silver 2006 Jetta TDI w/DSG Package(0)
Can someone recommend a good place that does a complete timing belt job on a bew pd in Houston? Reasonable rate with proper tools is a must. I'm surprised there wasn't a guru on the list for this area.
Christian at Das Autohaus (formerly VDUB Autohaus) is the guru in houston (technically Spring, TX) and is on the list. His work speaks for itself.

phreaddy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf hatchback (purchased used in December 2021 to replace the 2015 Sportwagen (purchased new in Sept. 2017) that I totalled. :( Former TDIs: 2006 Jetta sedan (FLOODED -- Thanks, Hurricane Harvey); 2009 JSW (FLOODED-- thanks, Hurricane Harvey!)
Another wholehearted vote for Das Autohaus.

'nuff said.

mcracer516

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Gold (totaled in pileup on I-25 3/1/2014), 2013 JSW Blue, 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5XT Blue 17mpg city :(
Christian at Das Autohaus (formerly VDUB Autohaus) is the guru in houston (technically Spring, TX) and is on the list. His work speaks for itself.
Been to both Das, and W, take your car to Christian.

vettemoto

TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI
I just called W and they charge $980 labor and all OEM parts for the job or $700 for labor to install my own parts. Kind of high considering dealerships charge almost the same. But then again the workmanship is debatable between an indy and dealership.
I called Das Autohaus, but no response. Ill try again in a bit.

vettemoto

TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI
Das Autohaus charges $1,038 out the door for parts and labor or $750 for labor only with my own parts. Again, a little surprised given that on their website, they say they provide quality and work of a dealership without the high prices. I guess this is the typical range to get this job done. Really miss my guru in Tulsa that charges $220 on labor!

fede179070

Veteran Member
TDI
VW
I am new to the area and live in Spring.
Got to take my car in at Autohaus and talk to Christian.
Awesome place and I am a very happy customer :)

Fede

tikal

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Passat Wagon (chainless + 5 MT + GDE tune)
My understanding is that VW Auto Works (Keaton) no longer takes 'regular VW jobs' but rather it is not into customized VW works. I was told this in via a text from Keaton back in the February time frame. But please correct me if I am mistaken or the situation has changed.
Check with W Autoworks - they will shoot you straight. Their number is (832) 444-6889, ask for Keaton and tell him Ashleigh from Dallas sent you :)

HoustonT

TDI
Jetta 2003 5sp MT
I am a customer of Das Autohaus also, and can tell you that the job will be done right. Christian knows his stuff...

Kruso

Veteran Member
TDI
MKIV Jetta TDI Red, MKIV Jetta TDI Green, MKV Jetta TDI Silver DSG.
A little late but stay away from Keaton, he's a slick talker but not a good TDI mechanic. Extremely poor morals, read the threads below of personal first hand documented experience. Have heard excellent things about Das Autohaus.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=402469

tikal

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Passat Wagon (chainless + 5 MT + GDE tune)
Here is the list of trusted TDI mechanics and as far as I can tell VW Auto Works is not there:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Lucw8ALCkLtt79MMw9JOG1E_dX57-raBhbhIFdtHnEQ/edit?hl=en_US
My experience with Keaton has been ok but lately his shop has not been very organized and they have had workers turn over issues.
I have dealt with Chris at Das Auto. Good work but a little bit pricey as compared to my experience with my trusted TDI gurus in Austin and Dallas area.

danny2012

TDI
2012 Jetta
12' Jetta 6sp, Snow w/m inject, dpf delete, and stage 2 Malone. I'm from Richmond/Sugar land but now live/work between Jersey Village and Katy. Would love to hear about any gtg's.

kanio

TDI
2004 Passat TDI Wagon Unchained
Another thumb up to Christian. he is always honest and up front with you on all your repair. i sold my total passat wagon to him. i thought about fixing it. he instantly gave me a rough quote on doing everything right. it was way more what the car worth, so i took my lost. i always had good experience with Christian.

any reputable VW mechanic is going to be pricey

drmonkey

TDI
2006 Jetta
2006 Jetta TDI in Clear Lake area. If you see a black Jetta with a badgeless grill and eyelids in the area then that's me.

AVTechMan

TDI
2002 VW Jetta TDI Wagon
I'm on the north side of Houston near the airport. Have 2002 Jetta TDI wagon, silver. Would be nice to meet other TDI'ers at some point. :)

Kruso

Veteran Member
TDI
I have a 06 Jetta DSG BRM with a Stage 4 Malone tune and PD105 Turbo upgrade with downpipe. Located in South Sugar Land, in New Territory. If anyone wants to get together post msg me. Would like to meet with other modded TDI owners to get their perspective on these things.

jokila

Vendor
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS, Manual
I have been doing timing belt work since I had do my first timing belt on my Jetta about 8 years ago. If anyone needs timing belt service in the Houston metroplex area let me know. I do the work in front of you, in your driveway.

I only charge for labor. You have to source your own parts from the good guys.
danke.

Last edited:

danny2012

TDI
2012 Jetta
Kruso, 2barthriller, and AVTechMan. We should try and plan something out I'm on the N/W side. I'm always off on sundays, sometimes get saturdays off. If we meet near here I'm cool with workday meet ups. Maybe it just needs some people to kick it off. I don't hear about any other g2g happening around h town.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

houstonmacbro

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat TDI SEL
G2G?

I'm on north side (1960/I-45) also.

Kruso, 2barthriller, and AVTechMan. We should try and plan something out I'm on the N/W side. I'm always off on sundays, sometimes get saturdays off. If we meet near here I'm cool with workday meet ups. Maybe it just needs some people to kick it off. I don't hear about any other g2g happening around h town.

danny2012

TDI
2012 Jetta
So we've got two at least. houstonmacbro and craigmcbride do you guys have any preference on time of the week and so on. Hmu guys lets make it happen.

Kruso

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm down, this new MKV is driving me nuts, has officially been the biggest PITA I've ever owned. Would like to discuss some of these VW shenanigans with some of you folks...

Kruso

voilsb

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
I'm in Sugarland on weekends, out of state during the week. Count me in, especially if it's food and beer related.

danny2012

TDI
2012 Jetta
Well it looks like it has worked out for me it seems NW around 290 seems to be a good middle ground. Im seeing a lot of Sugarland and north side.There is a Twin Peaks between Hollister and Pinemont on 290. 12830 Northwest Fwy, Houston, TX 77040 is the address. Or Chili's off 6/1960 and 290. 19825 Northwest Fwy, Houston, TX 77065. If someone else has an idea for a place I'm all ears. I was thinking this or next Sunday. Depending on peoples availability. Thoughts gentlemen?