Are there some people from Alberta on this forum :)

doctorkb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagon TDI
I've got Ross-Tech's VCDS (VAG-COM). Not sure if that'll do what you need.

mincanada

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 jetta tdi
I'm in Edmonton.

So far, I've had good success at Norden VW for my 1.8T.

That said, I live down Ellerslie from Southgate, and I wouldn't trust them any further than I could throw them.
Too funny, I am in walker lakes just up Ellerslie as well, and feel the same way about the south side dealer lol

TDI smile

Veteran Member
Edmonton, Alberta (b4 BC - LOWER MAINLAND = Chilli
TDI
2002 TDI (ALH) with 513,000 km. First Owner and very happy... No Problems, never left us stranded on the Highway. Average useage is about between under 4 ltr. and 5 ltr. Normal longdistance travel: 4.1/100
Years ago...... I had always pretty good DEALINGS with the North - and Southside Dealers... What happened?

2nsane2005

TDI
2001 Jetta Tdi Blue Lagoon
Well anyways guys Im going to be ordering a legit Vag Tacho today or tomorrow so if you want to get keys programmed and all that good stuff Im here to help. I'll be able to make house calls too. Spent a few weeks phoning around shops, locksmiths, dealerships etc. and I feel as a group we need better and quicker options :) 2 week wait to get keys programmed is a bit ridiculous to me

mincanada

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 jetta tdi
Well anyways guys Im going to be ordering a legit Vag Tacho today or tomorrow so if you want to get keys programmed and all that good stuff Im here to help. I'll be able to make house calls too. Spent a few weeks phoning around shops, locksmiths, dealerships etc. and I feel as a group we need better and quicker options :) 2 week wait to get keys programmed is a bit ridiculous to me
Appreciate that. :)

Rayovac

TDI
2003 Golf, 2003 Jetta Wagon, 2005 Passat Wagon
Awesome!
Previous owner of my car only had one key and I nearly choked when I called the dealer to see how much it would cost to get another.
Where's the best place to get new keys and fobs? Ebay? Did you find someone in town who will cut the blanks?
NVM, I did some more reading on the forum and found a couple board members who have businesses that provide keys and cutting services.

Last edited:

Newbie21

TDI
2013 golf wagon
Hello fellow tdi enthusiast. I'm currently living in toronto possibly moving to Edmonton by the end of the year. I have a few questions. Do you guys plug in your block Heater during winter months. Also how does emission testing done in Alberta for diesel. I'm in the process of going stage 2 Malone with dpf/egr delete. Thanks

doctorkb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagon TDI
Welcome to the land of milk and honey... *ahem* oil and wheat!

I park in an enclosed garage at home, but when I'm at work I do plug in the block heater for at least a few weeks of the year.

Having had two out-of-province inspections done, I'm not aware of any emissions testing.

I'm sure if the mods to your emissions system are noticed, though, they may have to do additional testing.

2nsane2005

TDI
2001 Jetta Tdi Blue Lagoon
Awesome!
Previous owner of my car only had one key and I nearly choked when I called the dealer to see how much it would cost to get another.
Where's the best place to get new keys and fobs? Ebay? Did you find someone in town who will cut the blanks?
NVM, I did some more reading on the forum and found a couple board members who have businesses that provide keys and cutting services.
There's a few options online. I know Norden charges $90 plus gst for a key. non-flip style.
I took my lock cylinder to a locksmith and they cut me a key in minutes. Now just waiting for my tacho so i can program it. :)

Geobmx4life

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Golf Malone tuned VNT 17, FMIC
For any of the Alberta guys that are interested....Eurodrivers.ca is another forum I'm on....monthly meets in Edmonton and Calgary and it would be great to get some more TDI guys involved great group and willing to help!

jjtoutt

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI (BRM) DSG Transmission
I know there is at least one vw club (Air Riders) that has a vw show and shine, and always some interesting vehicles there, but they aren't tdi specific...

Nice, still looks pretty cool though:)

I do like Eurodrivers, not TDI specific either.

Last edited:

mincanada

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 jetta tdi

NeilO

TDI
01 Jetta
I'm in Red Deer, currently have a 01 Jetta TDI, in the process of building an 2000 a4 with an ALH swap. Does anybody know if there are many get togethers in Alberta? I'm newish to the province.