What's in Your Cubby?

JDSnead

TDI
2000 New Beetle 5-speed, 2001 New Beetle automatic, 2011 JSW DSG, 2013 Beetle TDI DSG, 2014 Beetle TDI DSG, 2015 Passat TDI 6-speed manual
The Passat has the little cubby to the left of the steering column, next to.the driver's knee.
What do you keep in yours?

JDSnead

TDI
2000 New Beetle 5-speed, 2001 New Beetle automatic, 2011 JSW DSG, 2013 Beetle TDI DSG, 2014 Beetle TDI DSG, 2015 Passat TDI 6-speed manual
I was actually going to see if a Glock 26, 43, or maybe a 36 fit. Or maybe a j-frame Smith.
I'm concerned about weight.

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
I was actually going to see if a Glock 26, 43, or maybe a 36 fit. Or maybe a j-frame Smith.
I'm concerned about weight.
Biggest I've got that fits it is a Beretta 21A .22. I'd love it if a j-frame would go in there.....but not mine. I'd love to know how the poster previous to you got a Taurus .357 in there....

RoadRunnerTR21

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE w/sunroof
Biggest I've got that fits it is a Beretta 21A .22. I'd love it if a j-frame would go in there.....but not mine. I'd love to know how the poster previous to you got a Taurus .357 in there....
It depends on the Taurus model. However I have switched to Beretta PX4 Storm compact or full size inox so that goes in the center console with a backup mag. My "cubby" is empty.

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
It depends on the Taurus model. However I have switched to Beretta PX4 Storm compact or full size inox so that goes in the center console with a backup mag. My "cubby" is empty.
Yeah, center console is a different matter. I got lots of things that'll go there.

ABS

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE TDI, 6MT
My little Taurus Titanium, .357 with a 2" barrel fits in the cubby, but admittedly I rarely carry it there. More often my cubby contains tissues and a pack of wet wipes for kid clean-ups, chewing gum and my work badge...

BKmetz

Administrator, Member #10
Staff member
TDI
2015 Passat, titanium beige, 6MT
This thread is deviating from its intended purpose with too many guns posts. Lets keeps the thread on track.

Thank you.

:)

BKmetz

Administrator, Member #10
Staff member
TDI
2015 Passat, titanium beige, 6MT
It appears to me that people were responding to the ops question.
Besides the fact that when guns are mentioned in any context (15 years of observation here) there is an immediate digression of any thread, is it prudent to announce to everyone on the internet where you carry your weapons be it your car, home, or on your person?

And now I have my irony of having to explain myself which adds to the thread digression...

:rolleyes:

rustycat

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 passat sel
The Passat has the little cubby to the left of the steering column, next to.the driver's knee.
What do you keep in yours?
I keep my Registration and Insurance card there. I don't want to frantically digging through the glovebox looking for those items if I get pulled over for a routine traffic stop.

titleist1

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE TDI
Besides the fact that when guns are mentioned in any context (15 years of observation here) there is an immediate digression of any thread, is it prudent to announce to everyone on the internet where you carry your weapons be it your car, home, or on your person?

And now I have my irony of having to explain myself which adds to the thread digression...

I keep my gun, political literature and religious paraphernalia in there!! :D

Seriously, all mine has in it is the receipts I have collected that I haven't taken into the office and entered into Quickbooks yet, some change and my 'emergency' $10 bill.

RoadRunnerTR21

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE w/sunroof

Knowing the capabilities of any vehicle (ie cubby) contributes to a person's interest in a particular vehicle. Where I can store a pistol and have easy access to it is a requirement for me. Not everyone agrees with me but hey, I live in a different part of the country where this is considered normal. It also gives others ideas that they may have not thought about. For example, I learned from this thread about storing my Garmin in the cubby. That is a good idea and something I had not thought of.

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
I have stocked that cubby full of handi-wipes.

They come in handy for everything from dirty diesel fuel nozzles to cleaning up the nephews before they get in my car. Lol.