***Official maintenance schedule for your VW [PDFs inside]***

HuckstepT

TDI
2005 Jetta TDI Wagon
Great resource! Thanks for the effort.

Now, has anybody figured out the methodology for taking the schedule beyond 105,000 miles?

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Do you have the 2015 by any chance?
I am afraid that "Fixmy59bug" no longer works for a VW dealer, so he cannot get the official files for any cars newer that the 2013 model year posted in post #1. If anyone else has access to newer information, it can be added to this thread.

Have Fun!

Don

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Don, it turns out that my local dealership let their parts manager go about two weeks ago and of course my application was kept in the parts dept.

If I had any way of knowing, I probably could have had that job.

Anyways, when the new manager gets his feet planted, I will be introducing myself just incase he wants to make any changes in the dept.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Can I just carry over the '13 schedule to my '14 since there don't seem to be any changes between MYs? (Jetta)
I think that it is probably safe to assume that they are the same. Didn't your car come with some books in the glove compartment? I'm pretty that mine (an '09) has one that shows the maintenance schedule.

Have Fun!

Don

matts14TDI

TDI
2014 Jetta TDI
Thanks Don!

It did come with all of the books, just haven't the chance to look at everything thoroughly yet. I've spent more time on the boards here since this seems to be a pretty good authority on these cars and motors. I am definitely having fun breaking her in, I'm pretty impressed with the handling and response from this little car!

jay2013

TDI
'03 TDI Golf GLS
So once the engine is over the 100k mile mark, do you just start back at the 05000 mile mark and continue the cycle?

JustinJ

TDI
2012 VW Jetta TDI
PDF for 2012 Jetta TDI service schedule no longer working.

Hello

Does anyone know where I can get one.

Thanks

Justin

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Hello

Does anyone know where I can get one.

Thanks

Justin
None of them are working currently. Apparently the TDIClub picture server is not working properly. Fred has been doing maintenance on the servers, it will probably be working OK a little later.

Have Fun!

Don

bloodycelt

TDI
2015 VW Golf TDI
I took the maintenance bits from the 2015 Maintenance manual that came with my owner's manual for a 2015 TDI Golf and put it in table format, is anyone interested?, I have it in Numbers format (though I can make it a PDF), I can put it on dropbox and share it (or PM someone that wants to "PDF" it and stick it with the other links?)

Let me know.

Last edited:

jossyk

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI
VW Jetta TDI 2013 (automatic)

Hello VDub Lovers,

I recently did the carefree maintenance for the 30k service, I own a 2013 Jetta TDI and my previous car was also a Jetta TDI but from 2006 (Great car, until I broke the gear box) any ways. Both cars are serviced at the same place, VW Vista in Pompano Beach, Florida. After the 30k Maintenance I start researching for the next mayor service maintenance, and that is the 40k and 50k. As a Good Smart Consumer, I did call several places for Quote and here is what I found……

VW Vista
Schumacher Volkswagen of North Palm Beach VW Gunther Ccoconut Creek Rick Case Volkswagen Weston, FL VW Gunther Ccoconut Ft.Lauderdale
40K $ 639.95 $724.00 $750.00 $852.81 $755.00
50K $ 200.00 $215.00 $159.00 $135.21 $398.00
Total = $ 839.95 $ 939.00 $ 909.00 $ 988.02 $ 1,153.00

Not: When I called Schumacher, they only told me the price of the 40k maintenance with out the GCS transmission, the price with out that sounds very good. Just makes me wonder how many people did not receive the proper service.

Later, TDIs. Love the TDI.

Carl_Seattle

TDI
2005 VW Golf
The PDFs are very useful. Better in Word or Google Doc format, so can be easily marked on, but still.

Question: Has anyone ever come across any sort of Google Calendar that lays out the service intervals, by car? Would sure be nice!

JETaah

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
96 B4V, 1999.5 jettaIV,2005 BEW Beetle
I took the maintenance bits from the 2015 Maintenance manual that came with my owner's manual for a 2015 TDI Golf and put it in table format, is anyone interested?, I have it in Numbers format (though I can make it a PDF), I can put it on dropbox and share it (or PM someone that wants to "PDF" it and stick it with the other links?)

Let me know.
I am already getting a request to do 20K and 40K maintenance on a 2015 Golf so, any info would be appreciated.:)

OOPS....what is numbers format?

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Jetta wagon DSG 08/08 205k buyback 1/8/18; replaced with 2017 Golf Wagon 4mo 1.8l CXBB

"Check ash loading according to manufacturer work procedure"

does anyone have any information what exactly this is supposed to be?

NOLAJay

TDI
2011 JSW
These maintenance schedule documents are great. However, I can't figure out the recommended interval for spark plug replacement on my 2011 JSW.

My manual says 40,000 miles for "2.0 MPI and 2.5L only," but 60,000 for "2.0T only").

What is "MPI," "L," and "T"? I know mine is the CJAA motor, but how do I know which of the three flavors above is mine?

Thanks in advance.

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
These maintenance schedule documents are great. However, I can't figure out the recommended interval for spark plug replacement on my 2011 JSW.

My manual says 40,000 miles for "2.0 MPI and 2.5L only," but 60,000 for "2.0T only").

What is "MPI," "L," and "T"? I know mine is the CJAA motor, but how do I know which of the three flavors above is mine?

Thanks in advance.
That's a good joke right there :D

NOLAJay

TDI
2011 JSW
That's what we were afraid of. Do a google search for diesel spark plugs. That should help you find your answer & then you'll understand the joke comment.
Aha, got it. It was even more a noob question than I was worried it was when I initially posted it.

Why on earth do my manual and the maintenance schedules posted here refer to "Spark Plugs" when the motor doesn't even contain them? Very misleading, which mitigates my embarrassment slightly.
I still would like to know about these other acronyms/codes (MPI, etc.), because now I want to know when I need to replace my glow plug -- 40K or 60K?

EDIT: Ok, I think I understand. The maintenance schedules apply to gas engines AND diesels. Apologies to members and guests for cluttering the board with multiple posts dedicated to me learning how to read the maintenance schedules.

NOLAJay

Last edited:

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Apologies to members and guests for cluttering the board with multiple posts dedicated to me learning how to read the maintenance schedules.
No apologies necessary, we were all diesel newbies once. VW only prints one owner's manual for all Jettas (or Passats, etc.), so it has to include information on diesel and gasoline powered cars. It certainly can get confusing. You are not the first to get confused about this, and you won't be the last either.

Have Fun!

Don

Windjammer

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 & Mk5
Aha, got it. It was even more a noob question than I was worried it was when I initially posted it.

Why on earth do my manual and the maintenance schedules posted here refer to "Spark Plugs" when the motor doesn't even contain them? Very misleading, which mitigates my embarrassment slightly.
I love that perspective my friend. :D I can tell you won't be a newbie for long.

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
NOLA,

Welcome to the club my friend...

To answer your question, Unfortunately I didn't design these PDF's. I just took them from Vw and posted them here to help everyone. Otherwise there would be no mention of Spark Plugs and all that stuff that applies to gassers.

In the earlier days, Vw made just one PDF per model as it saved time and money. The owners were expected to know what applied to their vehicles and figure out the rest.

As of 2012, you can see Vw started making files that apply to each model and each engine. Of which I have only posted the TDI versions here, because hey... we are TDIclub.

For everyone else... You can see I have updated the thread to include all the way through 2016 model years. now that I have access to the files once again.

=^)