Performance

kranzandrew

TDI
MKVII 2015 Golf TDI S, Mk IV 2005 Jetta TDI PD, 1997 B4 Passat TDI 5speed Bio
Anyone have any news on bolt-ons and tunes for the 2015 Volkswagen Golf TDIS MkVII w/ 2.0 EA288 CRUA Engine?
I'm waiting for a dump pipe, and EGR delete kit, along with a tune.

So far found a cool gauge setup, http://www.kermatdi.com/p3-vent-integrated-digital-interface-for-mk7-golf/

and two options for coilovers
http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/...=343433&ph=1&gclid=CKC875TTiMUCFdgdgQodLpgAZA

http://thmotorsports.com/i-1958434....type=pla&kw=&gclid=CI2Iu4zUiMUCFRc8gQoddTkANA

and looking at 17inch Sparco Assetto Gara wheels with BFGoodrich g-Force Sport COMP-2 tires on Tire Rack.

Post what you have found below!

kranzandrew

TDI

Marsupial

TDI
'15 Golf TDI DSG S
this is apparently not approved for NA TDI's. No tune on the market for us yet.
Russdog5681 is using some sort of plugin chip module. Does anybody have any more info on this? Any adverse effects? Check his post in "What did you do to your MK7 today?" thread:

Swapped out my v1.0 CR 12 module for the v2.0 CR 12 module. V1.0 had a slight vibration at 2000 rpm (very slight, hardly noticeable). Joe Hafner and the rest of the dieseltuning.ca crew sent their CR 12s to Wolfsburg for some additional tweaking/programming...just got the update module today. Great improvement!

In addition to eliminating the 2k shudder, the boys in Wolfsburg managed to massage some more juice out of this thing. The module can be adjusted for various power levels...I'm currently running Level "C" (approximately 300 ft./lbs. of twist).

Initial impressions are solid:

1. No detectable drivetrain shudder.
2. MPG remains steady (I'm currently clocking 41.8 MPG, mostly highway with some "spirited" jaunts).
3. Thrust off the line is MOST impressive...v1.0 was pretty great, but v2.0 of the CR 12 will seriously kick you back in your seat off the line...smooth power delivery continues across the RPM band.

Again, I'll post updates as I bank more miles, but this is a great option for those that don't want an ECU tune!

Russ

andyrooski17

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE DSG

JoeHafner

Registered Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Jetta 2014
DieselPower Active 12 V

Russdog5681 is using some sort of plugin chip module. Does anybody have any more info on this? Any adverse effects? Check his post in "What did you do to your MK7 today?" thread:
What Russ is running is the DieselPower Active Injection Control 12 V
This is a module and wiring harness which plugs directly into all four injector wiring plugs (No cutting or splicing) The module takes the injection pulse data from the vehicle ECU and modifies it to increase engine horsepower and torque. In more simple terms the injection pulse width is widened and the start of injection is slightly advanced. The Active system has been carefully designed to work in conjunction with all emission control devices intact so there is absolutely no concern from EPA or for smog testing.
The Active system is a stand-alone product which does not require transmission programming or the addition of gauges.

There is no question that tuning boxes have been given a bad rep due to some of the cheap resistor boxes on the market which provide little to no benefit.
The DieselPower systems are all engineered and manufactured in Germany using OEM connectors and top quality military grade components. This latest development ( Active 12 V ) for the 2012-2015 Passats and the 2015 Golf, Jettas and Beetles was years in the making and required several North American spec vehicles to be shipped over to Isny, Germany for the development.

Joe

kranzandrew

TDI
No, because a diesel "throttles" by adjusting the AFR, your fuel useage will remain the same except for the times while you are at full throttle, often people even experience small bumps in mpg due to increased power and torque requiering less dogging of the engine.

kranzandrew

TDI
One exception is that if the tune is not so great and you cruise with high levels of boost this wil knock your mpgs, any decent tune won't have this happen and with a stage one I don't think most tuners will be adjusting the boost map much anyhow, if at all.

Last edited:

Thunderstruck

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GTI SE 6M
Every tuned TDI I've had responded positively with MPG gains, although these were ECU flashes and not tuner boxes. My GTI has been chipped with a 300HP tune, and mileage is at the high end of the expected range as long as I keep my foot out of it. I'm actually looking at another TDI before I do something that costs me my drivers license.

VW_TDi_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf-S TDi with DSG
Is Revo a well known brand and trustful? I found a few local dealers using their website map and I personally think my golf can use a little more power. My only concern is about warranty if they can ever detect a different tune on the car.

SVG

TDI
2015 Golf SEL TDI
I just ordered a DTUK box.
Will post my impressions in the next few weeks.

kranzandrew

TDI
Last edited:

jmonste141

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI S 6MT; 2009 Jetta TDI DSG
this is apparently not approved for NA TDI's. No tune on the market for us yet.
Well, if NA means Non-American, then here's another tune I found:
JF Automotive 2.0 TDI 150 HP
They're based in the UK.

I just ordered a DTUK box.
Will post my impressions in the next few weeks.
I've been researching this, and I've seen on other forums the 2015 GTD running the DTUK box with great success. I'm curious to see if that will translate well to our 150 HP counterparts.

Last edited:

Korab

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 golf TDI SEL 6MT w/ lighting and driver assistance package
Well, if NA means Non-American, then here's another tune I found:
JF Automotive 2.0 TDI 150 HP
They're based in the UK.

I've been researching this, and I've seen on other forums the 2015 GTD running the DTUK box with great success. I'm curious to see if that will translate well to our 150 HP counterparts.
It does mean north american. Keep in mind that the NA 2.0 TDI is different than the ROW - its why the eurpean tunes aren't approved for use here. By all means, feel free to buy it and see how it works, if they will even ship it here. BUT - proceed with caution.

jmonste141

Veteran Member
TDI
It does mean north american. Keep in mind that the NA 2.0 TDI is different than the ROW - its why the eurpean tunes aren't approved for use here. By all means, feel free to buy it and see how it works, if they will even ship it here. BUT - proceed with caution.
Alright, thanks for sorting out the acronym thing for me ha, I thought it meant non-american. Well, figures, because I'm so new to this forum... Anyways, I dug a bit deeper and found a box that is advertised for the US Spec 2.0 TDI. I've contacted the company to get more information on it. It seems to hook to the fuel sensor in order to adjust fueling similar to the box posted in this thread earlier. It's only one connection instead of four.
=======================
VW Golf MK7 2.0 TDI
Power: 150 PS (110 kW / 148 bhp)
Torque: 320 Nm (236 lbf/ft)
Option: Clean Diesel / US Spec

=======================
[It's all one hyperlink above]

Korab

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 golf TDI SEL 6MT w/ lighting and driver assistance package
Alright, thanks for sorting out the acronym thing for me ha, I thought it meant non-american. Well, figures, because I'm so new to this forum... Anyways, I dug a bit deeper and found a box that is advertised for the US Spec 2.0 TDI. I've contacted the company to get more information on it. It seems to hook to the fuel sensor in order to adjust fueling similar to the box posted in this thread earlier. It's only one connection instead of four.
=======================
VW Golf MK7 2.0 TDI
Power: 150 PS (110 kW / 148 bhp)
Torque: 320 Nm (236 lbf/ft)
Option: Clean Diesel / US Spec

=======================
[It's all one hyperlink above]
personally I wouldnt use a box like that. Should you choose to do so, please let us know how it works out.

jmonste141

Veteran Member
TDI
No, Injection pulse width is lengthened by 200 micro seconds.
I did see in the "what did you do to your mk7 today" it was said he was on setting/mode "c." How many different settings/maps are there on the box? And it was also stated 300 ft/lbs of torque as well on that setting. Is that the highest setting? I know for me that I would be able to get the cash to buy a box but wouldn't be able to get on a dyno myself on top of the tuning.

JoeHafner

Registered Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Jetta 2014
The C setting is the maximum setting. All in all there are 12 settings. I am totally stoked with the power I get on C
The website pricing is in Canadian $ so it is 20% less in USD.

russdog5681

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Golf S TDI DSG
The C setting is the maximum setting. All in all there are 12 settings. I am totally stoked with the power I get on C
The website pricing is in Canadian $ so it is 20% less in USD.
Unit came to $510.37 OTD...I do believe that is with the TDI forum discount.

Russ

russdog5681

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Golf S TDI DSG