Additional CCM coding and configurations with VDS Pro

bigboss59400

TDI
1.9 alh
Yeh totally, it's all just the eeprom coding that needs changed, probably only a few lines too but no idea what they'd be. You're probably on the right track with just doing a complete dump file instead. Is it the estate or hatchback?
Thanks for your confirmation however where can I found a complete dump from a mk4 is there someone who made that ?
And also how to make a complete dump and writte a complete dump ? since we can only mod one value at once!!!=> can easyccm do that ? (never play with it)

Thanks for all

jonlowe

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat GLS Wagon, 5 speed conversion, GBSM
EasyCCM can do the dump easily. The program is in Spanish, but what you have to do is obvious. I did it today after never having looked at the program before, in just a couple of minutes. You need the same cable as VDS-Pro, and EasyCCM runs in pure DOS, just like VDS-Pro. If you can get VDS-Pro to work with your cable and car, EasyCCM should work. I just copied EasyCCM to the same USB DOS start up pendrive that I have VDS-Pro on and ran it from there. The only version of EasyCCM is still the Beta version, and it has never been updated that I can find. There is a link to EasyCCM a few pages back.

When you are done, send a copy of the dump to "Dream" who posted a couple of pages back in this thread. He is trying to write a program to make this all easy in a Windows environment. He said I was the first to send him a dump! Let's support him.

Jon

Thanks for your confirmation however where can I found a complete dump from a mk4 is there someone who made that ?
And also how to make a complete dump and writte a complete dump ? since we can only mod one value at once!!!=> can easyccm do that ? (never play with it)

Thanks for all

bigboss59400

TDI
1.9 alh
EasyCCM can do the dump easily. The program is in Spanish, but what you have to do is obvious. I did it today after never having looked at the program before, in just a couple of minutes. You need the same cable as VDS-Pro, and EasyCCM runs in pure DOS, just like VDS-Pro. If you can get VDS-Pro to work with your cable and car, EasyCCM should work. I just copied EasyCCM to the same USB DOS start up pendrive that I have VDS-Pro on and ran it from there. The only version of EasyCCM is still the Beta version, and it has never been updated that I can find. There is a link to EasyCCM a few pages back.

When you are done, send a copy of the dump to "Dream" who posted a couple of pages back in this thread. He is trying to write a program to make this all easy in a Windows environment. He said I was the first to send him a dump! Let's support him.

Jon
Thanks for your detail reply; I'm not worry of using this software but of finding a mk4 dump which should be more difficult except if someone (damm it looks like you have a passat :() see my post and have easyccm and a mk4.
I will send him as soon as I can since I use a very old laptotp (32mo of ram 133mhz), without cd driver and it can run only windows 98, USB is not support or I can't get it working anyway that's a terrible for me to transfer something to this pc :eek:

If someone have a dump of a mk4 please let me know :)

So let's start of reading this long thread...

jonlowe

Veteran Member
TDI
USB started to be supported in Win 98 SE. If you can upgrade to that, it should be able to recognize an external CD. However, it is unlikely that you can boot DOS from a USB stick on a computer that old as BIOS' didn't get updated to do that until later.

You should be able to fit DOS, VDS-Pro, and Easy CCM on a floppy, if your laptop supports that. Or, Win 98 offers boot to dos, and that will work for VDS-Pro and EasyCCM.

If you need help, let me know.

Jon

Thanks for your detail reply; I'm not worry of using this software but of finding a mk4 dump which should be more difficult except if someone (damm it looks like you have a passat :() see my post and have easyccm and a mk4.
I will send him as soon as I can since I use a very old laptotp (32mo of ram 133mhz), without cd driver and it can run only windows 98, USB is not support or I can't get it working anyway that's a terrible for me to transfer something to this pc :eek:

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi

Hatch back or estate?

bigboss59400

TDI
1.9 alh
Hatch back or estate?
What is that ?:confused: never heard of that before except in some post of this thread (I'm only at the half...), can you explain ?

USB started to be supported in Win 98 SE. If you can upgrade to that, it should be able to recognize an external CD. However, it is unlikely that you can boot DOS from a USB stick on a computer that old as BIOS' didn't get updated to do that until later.

You should be able to fit DOS, VDS-Pro, and Easy CCM on a floppy, if your laptop supports that. Or, Win 98 offers boot to dos, and that will work for VDS-Pro and EasyCCM.

If you need help, let me know.

Jon
Thanks jon for the help I was just saying that to see you guys for me it's doesn't take 5sec to put something on that computer moreover the bios is locked (there is also no menu anyway), yeah I find that too when I was shocked that my usb key wasn't working on this computer...in fact since I can boot in dos thanks to a floppy; I put some script to dump some adress of my ccm in the root of my HDD so I wanted to do the same for easyccm.
it looks like I have to buy a (new or not) working cd driver.
Also I have no other computer which have a floppy; I have to go to a friend to put vcds.
Anyway I'm interrested of the fact that win 98 boot to dos can you explain to me how do you do that ? because if it can no needs cd etc just put the all you want at the root of the HDD since I have a IDE HDD it's recognize in dos :p

Thank you so much for your replies

jonlowe

Veteran Member
TDI
To boot to DOS in Windows 98:

1. Click Start
  2. Click Shutdown
  3. Choose the option to restart the computer into a MS-DOS prompt.
If you are unable to get into Windows 95 or Windows 98 to get into a MS-DOS prompt, follow the below instructions (Windows ME does not have this option).

1. Reboot the computer
  2. As the computer is booting, press the F8 key when you hear a beep or when you see "Starting Windows 95" or "Starting Windows 98." Windows 98 users sometimes may find it easier to press and hold the left CTRL key as the computer is booting.
  3. Select the Command prompt option
Jon

bigboss59400

TDI
1.9 alh
To boot to DOS in Windows 98:

1. Click Start
  2. Click Shutdown
  3. Choose the option to restart the computer into a MS-DOS prompt.
If you are unable to get into Windows 95 or Windows 98 to get into a MS-DOS prompt, follow the below instructions (Windows ME does not have this option).

1. Reboot the computer
  2. As the computer is booting, press the F8 key when you hear a beep or when you see "Starting Windows 95" or "Starting Windows 98." Windows 98 users sometimes may find it easier to press and hold the left CTRL key as the computer is booting.
  3. Select the Command prompt option
Jon
Thanks for the tips...I'm such a dic* to not see that in the shutdown menu...

So I still need a dump for a 1C0 from a mk4 hatchback

THX

herb2k

TDI
Mk4
Just did a swap in my car (2001 GTI - 2 door), replaced a faulty module with one from a Jetta Sedan.

Swapping 1J0 Units is similar, and using the info from this thread: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.php?p=1562587&postcount=13 and this thread: http://www.passatworld.com/forums/6...k-release-action-post2879362.html#post2879362, I was able to determine which control bytes control the trunk behavior in 1J0 CCMs:

1J0 959 799 AJ
Jetta Sedan:
Address/Original
4280/120
4286/120
4292/120
4281/4
4287/4
4293/4

1J0 959 799 AJ
GTI (2 Door):
4280/200
4286/200
4292/200
4281/4
4287/4
4293/4

Note that 120 in binary is 0111 1000, and 200 is 1100 1000. You can modify the behavior by changing individual positions in the binary value for each byte.

As the other 3 bytes (4281,4287,4293) are set to 4 in both units, I left these unchanged. From my test, I think auto lock and unlock is controlled by these 3 bytes (4361,4364,4367 on 1C0 units), so if you leave those unchanged you won't have to re-adapt in VCDS.

I tried another during my experiments, I tried the following combination:

0110 1000 = 88
This combination makes the CCM treat the hatch as a 3rd door, it locks and unlocks with the driver/passenger doors. Kinda nice as you won't need to use the separate trunk button on your remote.
Note: This will disable the trunk release switch in the driver's side door if you have one.

Last edited:

Lacaru

TDI
VW Bora 2001, 1.6 AVU
Hello
I’m new on this forum and I have the following problem: On my VW Bora sedan from 2001, the original CCM with code 1C0959799 was defective: power windows didn’t function and also I couldn’t communicate with it.
I changed it, with a used one, taken from a Skoda Octavia 1, with the same code. With this new CCM, I can close the doors (central lock), roll up/down the 4 electric windows, but the trunk doesn’t open as it should. When the car is open I can’t open the trunk manually. Only when I lock the doors with the key, the trunk opens and I have to close it manually, to lock it.
In conclusion when I unlock the doors , the trunk remains locked. When I lock the doors the trunk unlocks.
I searched for information and it seems that this functioning is correct for a Golf4 (maybe for Skoda Octavia 1 too).
Looking in Rosstech wiki , I observed that there are two variants for coding this module:Modules before 2002 (like my car) are coded with code 04097 (in VAG-COM). My new module can be coded only with code 00259 (this code is for modules after 2002). My new module doesn’t accept the 04097 code.
My question is, how can make this module work correctly with my car?
Should I look for another module but from a car before 2002? Is this the reason, why my new module doesn’t work as it should?
Thanks.

cidades

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf MK4 >> AHF(81kW)
Any way to add one touch up/down window to passenger door switch?
Can't find anything on it...

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Golf - totaled :(, wife's '13 Beetle - buy back, TDIless
Any way to add one touch up/down window to passenger door switch?
Can't find anything on it...
I think it is simply the switch that needs a mod to add the additional switch positions, for the front door.

The rear doors need chips soldered onto the circuit boards.

Jason

cidades

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf MK4 >> AHF(81kW)
I have done that on driver's door switch(with some resistors), now driver has comfort function on all door's windows. But I think passenger door's switch can't be modified like that... at least I can't see anything on the board to put resistors.

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
I need to go "play" with a couple old switches to find out. I'm just going on what has been posted here and my own mechanical experience. Maeldago (sp?) is the person to ask.

Jason

cidades

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf MK4 >> AHF(81kW)
I need to go "play" with a couple old switches to find out. I'm just going on what has been posted here and my own mechanical experience. Maeldago (sp?) is the person to ask.

Jason
I have read almost the whole thread and can't find anything on this, can you share what you know about this?

Unfortunately madelgado doesn't log in since 2010 :(

Appreciate your help

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
Ok, here is what I remember. There are carbon contacts that are missing to make the switch have all functions. Also there are small springs and pins/balls that give a detent for the added switch positions. I think all you need to make the switch have auto up/down is add those missing parts. The people who did this took an old switch and took those parts out, then added those parts to their switch to make it auto up/down.

When I took a master window switch apart I compared the switches for the front doors to the back doors. That way I could see what was missing to make the auto up/down function work.

I think they did this to the master switch in the driver door, but I don't know if they did the same to the switch in the front passenger door.

To add auto up/down for the rear windows the door motor/control module needs a couple of resistors soldered on. The switch alone should not work to make auto up/down of the back windows. There is a thread here on TDICLub explaining how to make the rear windows auto up/down.

Jason

cidades

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf MK4 >> AHF(81kW)
Ok, I think I'm not being clear about what I want to do.
I already did this procedure http://www.meinpassat.de/forum/t70525.html
it's working as expected on driver's door. Auto up/down on all windows using the "master" window switch on driver's door.

Now I'm wondering if it's possible to do the same thing on this one:

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
I checked out the link - the big white "lego" looking piece is the rubber mat with the carbon contacts in it. You can see where they cut a couple of the contacts out. I think you can do the same basic thing to the passenger switch. It may just look a little different.

I am pretty sure I know what you are trying to do, and I want to do the same to my Golf.

I read further - that's much easier than the alternative of installing resistors in the door control module. I need to try this!

While asking for help you taught me another way to mod my car, thank you!

Jason

Invisible

TDI
Leon
hi

Just remplace rear swtich, if you compare them against driver this have a extra (double position).

No any extra electronics needed.

Best regards
Invisible

cidades

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf MK4 >> AHF(81kW)
I checked out the link - the big white "lego" looking piece is the rubber mat with the carbon contacts in it. You can see where they cut a couple of the contacts out. I think you can do the same basic thing to the passenger switch. It may just look a little different.

I am pretty sure I know what you are trying to do, and I want to do the same to my Golf.

I read further - that's much easier than the alternative of installing resistors in the door control module. I need to try this!

While asking for help you taught me another way to mod my car, thank you!

Jason
I have opened the switch to verify and find no way to modify it. It's a simple 2 way "switch" and a LED..

hi

Just remplace rear swtich, if you compare them against driver this have a extra (double position).

No any extra electronics needed.

Best regards
Invisible
Any part number for a switch that work?

dules

TDI
1.9 tdi 100hp
how to modify 1c0 ccm passat to 1c0 ccm golf 4- 5 doors for lock and unlock rear hood ?

Now is not unlocked or lock

cuppie

Veteran Member
TDI
02 B5.5 Passat 1.8t
New user on this forum (longtime Vortex resident, though.) And, bringing this one back from the deep.

Vehicle:
02 Passat (B5.5) wagon (U.S.)
CCM 1C0 959 799 C

I've successfully added windows via remote control (changed addresses 04361-04363 from 202 to 194), and found a way to have the tailgate be 'unlocked' when all doors are unlocked (changed 04352-04354 from 41 to 105, and 04370-04372 from 6 to 4.)
This was awesome, as it gave me "ROW" functionality on a U.S car. :)

Last thing I'm trying to do:
As I understand it, on a B5.5 sedan, the 'trunk' buttons on the driver's door, as well as on the remote, will open the trunk lid. But, on a wagon (even a ROW wagon), this seems to be disabled.

Much earlier in the thread, Miguel (madelgado) had suggested to someone, on this subject, that changing 04361-04363 to 66 (binary 01 00 00 10) from 67 (bin. 01 00 00 11) would enable this (for reference, 194= 11 00 00 10). So, I tried it. Didn't help. Changed it back.

Another post (from Lucas) suggested that setting bit 1 in 04367-04369 to '0' would enable this. So, I checked there, and... decimal value of 34 = binary 00 10 00 10 (in other words, bit 1 is already at 0.)
Same post (post# 450), he said that setting 04361, bit 0, to 0 did the trick. So, back to Miguel's earlier post (port# 10), I again set 04361-04362 to 66, and... just like earlier, I cannot open the tailgate remotely. Can still open it when all doors are unlocked, can still open it on a locked car by holding the 'trunk' button on the remote and then pressing the tailgate pad (just like stock.)

So, all of that said... Can anyone give me any pointers on enabling what I'm looking to do (be able to open the tailgate from the driver's door and from the remote)?
If needed, I can post any CCM data that you need.

Much thanks,
Cuppie

Last edited:

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
I think this is disabled because the weight of the hatch would either keep the hatch latched or would relatch the hatch after it cycled. I know Beetles have this problem and there is a pre-load adjustment on the hinges. But the wagon hinges have no provisions to set pre-load.

Alternatively ECS has a hatch popper kit for Golfs/GTIs - there may be something to be learned that can be applied to your wagon?

Jason

cuppie

Veteran Member
TDI
02 B5.5 Passat 1.8t
Oh, getting the gate to pop up on its own is the easy part - replace the rubber stop buffers w/ Audi ejector stops (part# 4F5-827-249-B (found part# somewhere else in this thread, IIRC.))
Changing the coding to enable it - that's where I'm stuck.

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm going to tell you up front I don't know. But I'm willing to help with ideas. How about comparing values with a Beetle or Passat sedan for trunk pop? Also madelgado hinted at the fact some functions require changes in several places, not just one. So maybe one of those values is right, but does nothing without the other values being changes as well.

Jason

PS: One last thought - its possible that the function was never programmed into the module, there fore there is no way to activate it. Same premise as to why you need a high line CCEM for fog lamps in the PQ35 cars. But more likely there are just more bits hiding that need to be changed....I hope ;)

Last edited:

cuppie

Veteran Member
TDI
02 B5.5 Passat 1.8t
And, that's what I'm looking for - a, say, B5.5 Passat sedan to compare notes against. But, I don't have one of those handy......

And, it wouldn't surprise me if this required multiple changes. Just getting the tailgate to be 'unlocked' with all doors required changes in two places. So.....

To your PS:
From what I've gathered thus far, there's actually very little that differentiates one 1C0- CCM from another (an exception: The U.K.'s -B variant (different remote frequencies.))
What I've gleaned from Miguel's posts (and others that built off of that) is that the underlying software in the 1C0 units is the same - it's just configuration bits that differ from one version to the next.

cuppie

Veteran Member
TDI
02 B5.5 Passat 1.8t
Still plugging away at this.

First thing: U.S. Passat sedan. Can anyone confirm for me if the key-remote 'trunk' button, and the 'trunk' button on the drivers' door, do or do not actually open (not just "unlock" (enable)) the trunk lid?

Second thing:
Assuming that a U.S. Passat sedan trunklid can be opened remotely....
I need a CCM data dump. Best, I think, if it's from an '02 (does absolutely need to be a 1C0- -C CCM.)

If there's anyone on here with a "ROW" Passat wagon, I'd also like a dump from yours, too.

I've learned a fair bit from Miguel's earlier work here (and, from others continuations of said work elsewhere on the web.) I'd really like to build off of it, and find a way to make the damned tailgate on a B5.5 wagon (U.S.) behave like it really should. :)

jetta 97

Vendor
TDI
2 X Jatta MK5 2006
On Wagon you can not open tail gate with remote, only thing you can make tail gate unlock all the time.
The reason for this is, bacuse you have push button latch on Tail gate.

Same thing with Jetta and golf. Golf has like door handle on tail gate and jetta do not. So jetta pop up trunk but gold can not.

cuppie

Veteran Member
TDI
02 B5.5 Passat 1.8t
On a B5 wagon, of course - it's a mechanical release.
But, a B5.5 has an electric release. So.....