10 Year Old B5.5

2004PassatTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Passat Sedan, 2016 E250 Sport
Not bad looking for 160,000 miles (IMO), and runs great! I'm headed south in the fall, and will try to break my personal best tank of 901 miles.

Does anyone have ideas on how to refurbish the black color on the front plastic grills? I've used Armor-All, but that fades after a few days. Has anyone tried something called Plasti-Dip? I was at HD and saw that it now comes in a spray can.

Thanks,

Ernst

goodmonkey

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI, 2011 Touareg TDI
Looks good. Wish I could answer your question about the black plastic, but I can't as of yet.

2.2TDI

Veteran Member
⠀⠀
Plasti dip will work great, I did my grill with it and it looks fantastic!

Tom_B

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Touareg, 14 A6
Does anyone have ideas on how to refurbish the black color on the front plastic grills? I've used Armor-All, but that fades after a few days. Has anyone tried something called Plasti-Dip? I was at HD and saw that it now comes in a spray can.
Thanks,
Ernst
Don't know about restoring the color but all 3 inserts total about $75 plus tax at online dealers.

NoelMcC

TDI
2005 Tdi Wagon; 81 Vanagon Subaru conversion.
Here in Canada there is a paint called European black specially for plastic parts. It works well.

papasmurf

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 jetta tdi, 2004 passat sedan tdi, 2005 passat wagon tdi , 2005 passat sedan tdi
I use a heat gun to restore the color in my plastics. Looks almost brand new. Google it. Gotta be careful though cause if you go too far it will make it look wet

leicaman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE, 2005 TDI GLS, RIP
Turtle Wax Ice spray wax. I have used that stuff and the grill slats look great. I do it twice a year. It is a product that you can use on anything according to the bottle.