My car doesn't like Wisconsin...

dogdots

Vendor
TDI
None
As I crossed into Wisconsin from Dubuque Iowa, my odometer and clock conked out....

I had been running the a/c with recirc and rolled down the windows as I crossed the river.

That was Sunday evening. Displays went completely blank and stayed that way all week.

Today, as I crossed the same bridge going into Dubuque, I glanced down and they were showing some of the upper portion of the characters. Once I reached I-380 my display was back completely.

I will try to remember to drive a different TDI to Wisconsin next time :p

duwem

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf GLS TDI 5 Speed
Last time I drove to Dubuque (in our Taurus) there was a 4 car accident ON the 151 bridge only a few cars in front of us and we were stuck on the bridge for 1.5 hours.

SD26

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta TDI 5sp, 2002 Jetta TDI 5sp
I will try to remember to drive a different TDI to Wisconsin next time :p
Same thing will probably happen.

You probably didn't pay the foreign state toll. Those not currently living in Wisconsin are supposed to roll down your window and toss $0.75 in the median at the first mile of entry and every 100 miles after. :D

Revpeach

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta
If you didn't have a "I love the Packers" bumper sticker or were wearing a cheese head, then you got off lucky that only a couple of instruments conked out. Packer fans are serious and do not take it lightly if some one is not. :)