New 2012 golf tdi owner and 328d on the way.

track_warrior

TDI
2012 Golf TDI DSG Tech / 2014 328d M-Sport
Hey guys just picked up a new to me 2012 Candy White Golf Tdi DSG with the tech package as a daily driver with 22k miles for 19k. I picked her up un dallas and on the way back to San Antonio i managed between 43-46 mpg's which was great i was also surprised how stable she felt. Just as a quick silly comparo i drove a 2007 Ram Hemi 4x4 to dallas on the way to pick her up and it guzzled a full tank of gas thats around 25 gallons of fuel. The tdi on the other hand only took less than half a tank to get me back home. Any ways im not new to the euro crowd but i am new to the VW brand aside from audi and porsche. Plans for the tdi is to make her a comfortable slightly oem+ modded from things i will learn in this forum. I also just placed a custom order for a 2014 328d M-sport for my wife and i cant wait the engine is amazing. I have no idea how much fuel we will be saving a month but im sure its going to be a lot by both of us driving tdi's (she daily drove a boxster-s and i daily drove the m3 or e-420 both V8's).

Mods on order so far for the Golf:

-Golf R tails with fog
-Euro Fog light switch
-ST coilovers
-VMR V701's 18x8.5 in matte black
-225/40/18 Continental DW
-Afe Drop In
-Afe Catback
-Apr Tune next week
-Tinted 80% front llumar and 35% formula one pinnacle all around.

Pics of the Golf:

328d on the way, man i cant wait 45 mpg's and start and stop technology!!

Current euros:

2011 E-92 M3

Track mode:

1997 E-420 Sport (owned her since new 80k and still purs like she used to)

The golf is not my first diesel i used to own a 2011 Q7 Tdi S-line:

My track car that had to go for now since i have been slammed with work. Got rid of the FR-S and got the Tdi.

steve05ram360

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 2D Golf
Nice, welcome aboard... you will love the tdi! I know I do. I also have a 2005 ram diesel that is getting 19's on the hiway... not too bad for a 7000# truck. Wife has a 2009 tdi jetta so the only gasser we have in the stable is the lawn mower.

track_warrior

TDI
Nice, welcome aboard... you will love the tdi! I know I do. I also have a 2005 ram diesel that is getting 19's on the hiway... not too bad for a 7000# truck. Wife has a 2009 tdi jetta so the only gasser we have in the stable is the lawn mower.
Thanks man, yeah i also had a cummins ram and with the DPF delete, intake, and bullydog. I was seeing up to 24 highway mpg's and this was with mud terrains :eek:.

Just did a slight calculation as to how much fuel im saving with the golf and the wife will be saving with the 328d. I used to put $55 dollars worth of gas every 4 days in the m3 which would equal to 7.5 tanks of fuel during the month which equals $412.5 in fuel monthly for the m3. The golf's tank lasts me around 9 days which transfers to 3.3 tanks a month giving me a total cost of fuel of $183.3. The savings of fuel just from using the m3 only on the weekends and the tdi on my daily commutes equals to a whopping savings of $229.2. When my wife gets her 328d the savings should double since the epa milage on the 328d is even higher than the golfs. Should be saving around $650 bucks a month just on fuel and insurance as well since her Boxster-s payed around $90 more than the 328d and i got rid of 2 other cars a 07 ram and a Scion FR-S. Its impressive what a fuel efficient vehicle can save you monthly.

track_warrior

TDI
Man what do you do for work?? :)
I work for a commodity trading business and i co-own a ticket broker website.

On a side note i changed my oem filter today to a AFE dry one and i noticed there was a loose cover the one that goes on top of the ram intake tube. Ill take a picture of it later but it was loose when i opened the hood and i cant get it to snap back in. If i try to force it down the whole intake tube moves w t f.

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Highline Touareg TDI
id suggest malone tune over apr....as would majority of this site..crazy stable on a side note lol

track_warrior

TDI
id suggest malone tune over apr....as would majority of this site..crazy stable on a side note lol
Thanks man, im still debating on the tune because of all the warranty issues with the DPF.

Got the wheels installed today and have an appointment for coilovers, AFE exhaust, golf-r tails, euro fog switch on monday. Cant wait!!
Excuse the 4X4 mode she will be lowered soon! Very happy with the wheels but not happy with discount tire scratching 3 of them. They agreed to spot paint them at my house for free but it still pisses me off how careless they are.

VMR 701 18x8.5 in matte black wrapped in 225/40/18 Continental DW

Holy wheel gap!

ExpiredRice

TDI
Golf TDI '11
Man! I was stalking around on the cars for sale section of ft86club and remember wathching your FR-S videos. Thought the garage pic looked a bit familiar and it wasn't til I saw the FR-S picture before I realized why. Anyways I hope you enjoy your new car(s)!

track_warrior

TDI
Man! I was stalking around on the cars for sale section of ft86club and remember wathching your FR-S videos. Thought the garage pic looked a bit familiar and it wasn't til I saw the FR-S picture before I realized why. Anyways I hope you enjoy your new car(s)!
Thanks man, so far im very happy with the tdi. Its fun, efficient, and comfortable. The fr-s will be missed :(.

tditom

Top Post Dawg
TDI
formerly: 2001 Golf GL, '97 Passat (RIP) '98 NB, '05 B5 sedan
track_warrior-
Welcome to the club! Nice vehicles you have. If you ever want someone to watch your toys while you are out of town you can always call me :D