What did you do to your car today?

spartan

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat Wagon
I would put an R32 bumper on WAY before the one you have in that link. But it is your car...

btcost

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 JSW, '00 Jetta (totaled 12/23/10), 1987 M-B 300D
Let the dealer do my 30k service. I went there (instead of DIY) to hand them go over the car a bit before the warrentee expires.

Turns out I need a new cruise control switch.

40k and on will all be serviced by me. Including the timing belt.

Also stopped by IDParts and picked up the oem towing springs! Try to get those in this weekend before the Fest!

MikeS_18

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, '13 Passat SE, '64 Ford Econoline
Mike:
Do you have a tow hitch? If so you can borrow my 4x8 utility trailer if you want.
Where in NH are you moving to?
I don't, but I'm thinking that it might be time. Moving to Concord.

pcporemba

TDI
2010 JSW 6 speed
Replaced OEM Hankooks with Continental PureContact 215/50R17XL on TSW Bronze Nurburgring Wheels

Last edited:

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon "Cranberry"
Upgraded License Plate Frame

Background: In 2011 I bought a TDIClub.com license plate frame. Unfortunately by the time of TDI Fest in September 2012, the hot sun here in California had badly warped the frame; when I showed it to Fred at Ypsilanti, he gave me a replacement. Now almost 1 year later, that frame was warping also (though not as bad as the first one).

Here is a picture of the frame removed:

I felt that Fred shouldn't have to keep replacing the frame so I looked for another solution. I found it at Billet Frames.

FIRST, however, I asked Fred for permission to use his design for an upgraded frame.

The frame arrived on Wednesday and I installed it today.

I am very happy with the Richard's workmanship on this frame.

TDI smile

Veteran Member
Edmonton, Alberta (b4 BC - LOWER MAINLAND = Chilli
TDI
2002 TDI (ALH) with 513,000 km. First Owner and very happy... No Problems, never left us stranded on the Highway. Average useage is about between under 4 ltr. and 5 ltr. Normal longdistance travel: 4.1/100
Tuesday I went over a few Mountain passes here to get to the Interior of BC. No power uphill. No Turbo. Next day to my Guru under the Oakbridge here in Vancouver.
One broken cable and a Hose to the Turbo had a leak. One of the Wheelbearings was noisy, so 2 got replaced. Now the TDI should be good for another 300,000 km

OnePutt

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf (Silver) | 2005 Jetta Wagon (Spice Red)
One word of caution for you folks that have wives with cars that have back up cameras. Next car...don't pay extra for one.;)
We just got a car with a backup cam...It's nice in an SUV where there may be short objects behind the vehichle, but yeah...it makes drivers less aware of their surroundings and too reliant on the technology itself.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Picked the Passat up from the shop where I had the Torque Converter replaced, 9 liters of fresh ATF and a new transmission filter installed. Got the dreaded 17125 code Sunday evening. All fixed just in time to get on the road for TDI Fest next week!

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Installed Bilstein HDs and new upper control arms on the Passat today. Now I'm REALLY ready to roll up to TDI Fest! (and these old bones are really sore!)

Last edited:

where2

Veteran Member
TDI
One '13 JSW_TDI & One '04 Variant_TDI
Finally cut down my oversized silver foil windshield sun shade, and used the sewing machine to sew the nylon binding back on the edges. The silly thing fits the windshield like a glove now! :D

Next, I'll have to make up one for my wife's MkV...

Big country

TDI
2003 MK IV Jetta GLS TDI
Replaced broken end links, installed front wheel spacers, oil change, fuel filter change, replaced blown rear tweeters, washed it, waxed it, took a nap

btcost

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 JSW, '00 Jetta (totaled 12/23/10), 1987 M-B 300D
Wash, clay bar, wash again.

4 coats of Zaino.

Installed heavy duty towing springs. They lift the rear 1".

Outside is ready for the Fest. Gotta clean the inside next.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Picked my son't Golf up from Chill's last night, it's been there a while and has received the following

Replacement transmission, new clutch, rear main seal, dogbone mount
New core support, radiator, and large fan
New EGR valve
Replaced glow plugs
Warrantied the rear STR.Ts and put on fresh ones
New front and rear brake rotors and pads, freed up the right rear caliper
Removed, recovered, and and reinstalled the headliner
Replaced the door lock module so alarm doesn't go off randomly and he can open the hatch
Repair hatch latch so it doesn't stick
Install new antenna for AM/FM reception in addition to Sirus
Replaced missing front valence, headlights, grille, and fender liners
New hood from another 2000 Golf that's dent-free, and even the right silver
Replace serpentine belt tensioner and relay roller
Fresh oil and filter

After all that we brought the car home last night and today replaced the carpet, seats, and door cards with ones I've been hoarding for a while. The interior on this car was awful when we bought it 6 years ago, and has only gotten worse. Now it is very pleasant, even smells nice.

My son is happy he no longer has headlights with broken tabs, the hood opens without a second person pulling it up, the interior doesn't smell and get his clothes dirty, and the car stops and doesn't leak coolant and oil. I'm happy that he may have a car that will give him reliable service for his next two years of college. Well, pretty reliable anyway.

Last edited:

gioTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL
Finally found the wiring for OPS and connected it all, button works :)

question, has anyone had experience in installing Automatic Parking into Mk5 or Mk6, i guess the main question does ABS module in NAR support that?

PS Flipped ASR button is my garage door opener

skully

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI, 2013 GLI Autobahn w/nav, 2014 BMW 328d wagon
I haven't installed the automatic parking but I'm really interested in doing so. Keep us updated if you decide to do this. :)

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
Arm out the window holding the mattress with it folded in half due to wind?;):D

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
Starting on a 1,400 mile driving trip (4-days) for work......Victoria, TX, Dilley, TX, Odessa, TX, Hobbs, NM, back to Houston. Oil, filters, tire pressure, loaded trunk with a few tools and laptop, programmed Garmin, etc. :)

MikeS_18

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, '13 Passat SE, '64 Ford Econoline
My son is happy he no longer has headlights with broken tabs, the hood opens without a second person pulling it up, the interior doesn't smell and get his clothes dirty, and the car stops and doesn't leak coolant and oil. I'm happy that he may have a car that will give him reliable service for his next two years of college. Well, pretty reliable anyway.
Sounds familiar. tell him to avoid telephone poles in snow storms or you'll be back to square one... :)

sirpuddingfoot

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat, 05 Jetta
Installed TT pedal trio and Dead pedal!

Have a PD150 pancake to install now... if only it wasn't 100 (billion) degrees + %humidity outside this whole week.

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
I kept up with one of the Big Boys today!

As I was heading down I-10 about 150 miles east of Fort Stockton, TX on my way to a project in west Texas today, I was gently passed by this @ about 90 MPH (the speed limit in that area is posted at 80):

Damn! Got my interest real quick. So I put my Jetta right behind him (8 car lengths or so) and we continued along in tandem, both passing whatever was in front of us for about 120 miles or so. Most of the time (early on), I had the cruise set at 85 MPH, but it was necessary to get off it to pass trucks and whatever was in the roadway. I guess for most of that run, we were well over 90 when off the cruise. For the last 50 miles, cruise was off and we both ran pretty fast, sometimes crossing three digits.

Beautiful day, bright, low traffic, but a good 20 MPH crosswind from the south.

When I was about 2 miles from my exit to head north, I went around this Ford GT to see who was driving it (never saw when he first passed me). To my surprise, it was an old gent about my age! We waved at each other as I slid off the exit ramp and he continued west. Neat looking car. The Jetta felt good.

Guy must be in his second mid-life crisis to have one of those!:p

pcporemba

TDI
2010 JSW 6 speed
Replaced OEM Hankooks with Continental PureContact. Went slightly oversize with 215/50R17 on TSW bronze Nurburging wheels.