8th Annual PNW BoraParts/Fixum GTG August 17, 2013

scrichy84

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta, Manual
It's been a couple years since I've seen you guys...thinking I'll make it for a few hours (just need the wife to return and the car to magically wash itself)! See you guys in a bit!

pyromancer

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
I'll be in around noonish I hope. Still wrangling the girlfriend to leave and I need to stop at the store to pick up bottles of water, chips, and a veggie platter to bring with.

I'm signed up for painless dent removal but I still haven't got info on the service. I have a very small parking lot ding on the rear passenger door of my jetta, no big loss to me if I don't make it in time.

Keli_OR

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 black Sportwagen SE, '01 silver Jetta GLS, '00 green Beetle
Thanks Aaron for hosting!

I had a great time chatting and not wrenching. Good food, good company, good folks.

I hope to see y'all again soon!

~Keli

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
Thanks everyone for coming! As always it was a lot of fun - sorry I couldn't get the color to print for you Russ; you guys need to make a road trip thread!

Till next year!
-BB

kiwibru

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2-door, 2k Silver. Red RTDI now gone but not forgotten!
Pulled off the ferry at 5:20 am this a.m. The drive back was smooth and jam free...much better than Friday's mayhem! Anyway, thanks to all, it was a great fest and feast. Those lamb kabob's just disappeared...good, thought maybe the skewer team poked a bit too much product!
Aaron, thanks for hosting and for bringing in window service and dent removal. I was very impressed with Lewis. He has dent removal down to a fine art. That guy is GOOD! Now if I can keep those doors dink free by staying off the ferry!
Next year!
Bruce

PDiesoiler

Veteran Member
PNW TDI Capital of the World; (ok maybe just the U
TDI
TDI-less
Who was it that loaned me a pair of leather gloves yeaterday? I still have them.
Those were my fuelin' gloves. I realized I forgot them when I stopped for fuel on the way home. Put 'em to good use.

Thanks Aaron for hosting and everyone for the food and good times. It was great to meet some of the NW crowd. I had a very clear drive home with the new windshield Nate (I think that's his name) installed.

Today I installed my new skid plate I brought home with me...so wooohooo!

Matthew_S

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS galactic blue
Glad I made this after missing last year. I finally made it home after a detour to Southern Oregon for a parts car. Got 33 MPG over the 440 mile return trip.

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
Special thanks to Aaron & Lauren for hosting me for the weekend. Was awesome to meet some of the West Coast crowd I have been reading for all of these years. My flight home yesterday went off without a hitch.

I am way tired though. gaining and losing 3 hours in a weekend period can really mess with your head.

the area out there is beautiful, and it was facinating to see all of the old cars still on the road, and NO RUST!

Matthew_S

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS galactic blue
nice!

how was it backing up that trailer?
With the car on it and the steering lock pin removed it was pretty much impossible. I never really needed to do it so I didn't try with the steering lock pin installed. It probably would have been possible but still difficult.

pyromancer

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Anyone have contact info for the dent guy?

Showed a coworker where he fixed a door ding for me and he asked if I could get a hold of the guy to get him rates to possibly fix a dent on his fiat. :)

kiwibru

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2-door, 2k Silver. Red RTDI now gone but not forgotten!
Anyone have contact info for the dent guy?

Showed a coworker where he fixed a door ding for me and he asked if I could get a hold of the guy to get him rates to possibly fix a dent on his fiat. :)
Yeah, here you go: Co. name - Press.A.Dent, Mr. M. Lewis Ouzts, Boring OR., 503-704-7639. Email Ddentdude@comcast.net.

Lewis said he really enjoyed the time he spent with us. He is an amazing craftsman! My Golf looks like it just came off the showroom floor after he worked it over. Totally amazing skills. I hope we get him back next year!