Just Gotta Rave!!: Non TDI VW.....

whyfish

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 VW TDI Wagon auto. transmission
My trusty old 1992 Isuzu Trooper bought the farm Sat. night. Very sad. She just up and died. No one was hurt, no metal was bent, she went up in flames.

Needed a replacement vehicle ASAP. It was the wife's get-around town car. We found a sweet lease return Tiguan with just a shade over 22,000 miles. Looks and handles like new. It's an SE trim w/ 4motion and Tiptronic transmission. Sport mode rocks!! Feels like it's on rails. It's almost as much fun to drive as my TDI wagon (03 version).

Just wanted to share that it's going to be a happy new year for us in Portland.

Hope everyone out there in TDI Land have a new year as good as ours and you all have prosperous 2013.

Drive safe, have fun...:D

whatnxt

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Q5 TDI Premium +
You'll love the 2.0T engine. Had that in my Passat variant. Even got 32 MPG on trips.

Happy New Year.

B100

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf
The first diesel I drove was an Isuzu Trooper II, in New Mexico, back in 1986. It was so much fun, I bought one for myself in California, despite the sad news that the diesel model was not brought here. Sadder news, though, was the poor gasser engine reliability, it just didn't hold up well at all. Great body, great transmission, though, nothing better for desert camping.

And as far as desert camping, well, I do what I can now... wherever the skid plate lets me wander!

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
My trusty old 1992 Isuzu Trooper bought the farm Sat. night. Very sad. She just up and died. No one was hurt, no metal was bent, she went up in flames.

Needed a replacement vehicle ASAP. It was the wife's get-around town car. We found a sweet lease return Tiguan with just a shade over 22,000 miles. Looks and handles like new. It's an SE trim w/ 4motion and Tiptronic transmission. Sport mode rocks!! Feels like it's on rails. It's almost as much fun to drive as my TDI wagon (03 version).

Just wanted to share that it's going to be a happy new year for us in Portland.

Hope everyone out there in TDI Land have a new year as good as ours and you all have prosperous 2013.

Drive safe, have fun...:D
I recently had an opportunity to take part in VW's Driver Experience program at a local raceway. During the day we switced between a number of available vehicles (V6 Toureg and Passat, 2.0T GTIs, 2.0T Tiguans and GLIs and New Beetles, and 2 Golf TDIs) and after flogging the various cars through a number of scenarios from threshhold emergency braking and high-speed lane changing and a slalom competition, we followed the driving instructor through about 30 or so laps around the race track, switching up the lead cars so everyone had a chance to be the 2nd car behind the instructor so they can learn the braking/acceleration points of the track. During this part, I was in the Golf TDI with DSG and a friend was following me in a 2.0T Tiguan. I thought it was my imagination but he seemed to have trouble keeping up, especially coming out of the turns and accelerating. We switched vehicles and I took the Tiggy and he drove the Golf and he confirmed what I was finding out - the TDI's torque and power made it easier to drive fast through the track, even though the Tiguan is equipped with sport suspension and has more HP from the 2.0T! I had to work hard just to keep up with the lowly Golf!