Mk4 tdi wagon snowmobile

FL/COtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta wagon
Yeah so finally got to push the ride through the Colorado paces last night. Blizzak 60 tires, LSD wavetrac, cold weather fuel sender mod, dynamic egr, leather velcro bottom rad vent block off and pipe insulation for the top rad, power/clutch mods, and heated seats. Oh, the vent visors are good too for stopping that heated clammy stuffiness.

Left Steamboat at midnight in a snow storm. Not too gnarly, but the first half hour up rabbit ears was almost white out in a few spots. Fourth gear 2000 rpm almost the whole way. I enjoyed the sweet squeak of fresh snow compacting under the fresh tracks being made. After the peak going down was just about easy. The road gets much straighter going to kremling. Fifth gear just under 55 made for great time.

Still didn't see another car going up to Johnson tunnel on I40. Passed a few semis and SUVs coming down into Denver. One of those little two door subies was the only car to get past me. The hardest part on the downhill involved dodging ice junks coming off semis. Took a few straight down the middle of the car. Skid plate thunk is a good time.

The three and four lane hwys in Denver had close to four inches of snow in spots.

Never had any problems in three and a half hours driving last night. Solidly planted the whole time! Thank you tdiclub for the quick safe journey to a new place that feels like home:D

Last edited:

DrewD

Veteran Member
My 04 Wagon was almost as easy to drive as any of my 4x4 Jeeps in the snow. Several years ago, I commuted up I-25 for 65 miles during a blizzard which closed I-25...the TDI wagon performed flawlessly as I passed dozens of vehicles ditched on the side of the highway. I'm fortunate the on-ramp by my home doesn't have a gate blocking the interstate when it is officially closed.

belome

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS TDI 5-speed
I have became a firm believer in winter tires. I usually pass at least 25 cars on my way to work when its crappy out.

arne487

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Golf TDI, '10 TDI Cup Jetta
I'm liking my Audi (Quattro) with studded snow tires lately, but I do miss 60 MPG.

My wife's Jetta with snow tires is also way too confidence inspiring.

fabed23

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta ALH - 5spd
Yeah so finally got to push the ride through the Colorado paces last night. Blizzak 60 tires, LSD wavetrac, cold weather fuel sender mod, dynamic egr, leather velcro bottom rad vent block off and pipe insulation for the top rad, power/clutch mods, and heated seats. Oh, the vent visors are good too for stopping that heated clammy stuffiness.

Left Steamboat at midnight in a snow storm. Not too gnarly, but the first half hour up rabbit ears was almost white out in a few spots. Fourth gear 2000 rpm almost the whole way. I enjoyed the sweet squeak of fresh snow compacting under the fresh tracks being made. After the peak going down was just about easy. The road gets much straighter going to kremling. Fifth gear just under 55 made for great time.

Still didn't see another car going up to Johnson tunnel on I40. Passed a few semis and SUVs coming down into Denver. One of those little two door subies was the only car to get past me. The hardest part on the downhill involved dodging ice junks coming off semis. Took a few straight down the middle of the car. Skid plate thunk is a good time.

The three and four lane hwys in Denver had close to four inches of snow in spots.

Never had any problems in three and a half hours driving last night. Solidly planted the whole time! Thank you tdiclub for the quick safe journey to a new place that feels like home:D
Sounds like it was one relaxing ride in the wagon. You sure do got one of the nicer ones around. If you ever want to sell it... :p