Cars that will go more than 300k

leicaman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE, 2005 TDI GLS, RIP
Yea just convert that into miles, which is 180,000 miles. Even my lowly former '99 Saturn SL2 made it that far until the timing chain decided to blow.

Purch

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI 6spd
Yea just convert that into miles, which is 180,000 miles. Even my lowly former '99 Saturn SL2 made it that far until the timing chain decided to blow.
I just finished pulling apart a 2.5 Altima motor for that same reason, except it only had 200,000KMS. The owner wasn't upset, I believe her exact words were "it's lasted this long, it doesn't owe me anything" my jaw dropped when I heard that one. My 98 2.0 Golf had 415k when I sold it, and still had another 100k left in it for sure. People today...

ramdmc

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
Sold my beloved 2000 Jetta with 575K to a commuter at the beginning of the summer. He tells me he can't believe he just hit 620K, and loves it every bit as I did. Runs like a top!

Doc_Oc

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Golf TDI
Well, that's just it, right? We are being spoon fed this crap about how cars are built so much better today than they used to. Did you see those comments about 2500HD? "It's almost overkill, in the amount of material in them and the strength of those materials". Too bad one of the "strengths" is not quality!

Muggins

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Golf GL 4dr 5spd
Did you see those comments about 2500HD? "It's almost overkill, in the amount of material in them and the strength of those materials". Too bad one of the "strengths" is not quality!

lol true.

I don't get it why so many people drive those big ass pick ups. Who'd want to, unless you absolutely had to? I guess a lot of people based on the roads filled with pimped out pick ups, especially up here in Barrie.

Doc_Oc

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Golf TDI
I would so love one! But with a real diesel engine in it. Not the 3500 HD one that uses more diesel than a 1500 uses gas:)
I don't get it. How hard is it to put a 3.0 V6 diesel in those? Or, can you imagine how a 1/4 ton with the V10 TDI in it would sell?