Sound off: Would you attend a TDI Fest in St. Louis?

Would you attend TDI Fest 2013 IF in St. Louis, Missouri?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
Make it into a poll. It will allow people to vote and view results at a glance. I'm a yes to the question.

mishkaya

TDIClub Contributor
TDI
'06 Jetta 5MT, '10 JSW MT, '14 JSW 6MT
If the Fest is in St Louis, I would do my utmost to attend...

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
I would be there in a heartbeat! Attended the air medical transport conference there in the early 90s and had a blast!

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Well my efforts have hit a dead end before they even started. :( It's been 4 business days since my conversation last week and NO word from the hotel, not even a courtesy note to the effect that they don't have space available. I tried to push it along tuesday with an email, no answer. They have two email adds and a phone number for me and yet NOTHING. Disappointed to say the least, but obviously this level of communication regarding $30,000 to $40,000+ worth of business is not acceptable for our needs, sorry folks. :(
What hotel?

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
Plaza Tower or Lakeside Chalet?

Both share the same 5000 space parking lot along with everything else in Westport Plaza, all owned by the same folks. 500+ rooms between the both of them, thought with that kind of proximity it wouldn't matter if the group was divided between them.

Tarbe

Veteran Member
TDI
Touareg and Sportwagon Sold to VW
I said "very good chance" but I was being conservative.

If 2013 Fest is in St Louis, I would absolutely plan to attend.

Tim

Al_Czervik

TDI
2010 Jetta Cup Edition
I would definitely attend this time. Kind of sucks that I missed it when it was only 45 minutes away.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
It's a little late for a 2013 St. Louis proposal... shoot for 2014 so you have enough time to get all of the planning done. Trust me on this one!

VeeDubTDI

TDI
There should be plenty of suitable venues in and around the St. Louis area. Don't get discouraged because one of them blew you off. I have researched dozens of hotels for various TDIFests over the past few years... it takes a lot of leg work to get all of the planets aligned. :)

If you need help contacting venues and negotiating good rates, let me know... I'm in the business. :cool:

Kerma06TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta
I think you would have a good turn out in St Louis, pretty centered for most people and like a 6 hour drive from a lot of places. I would definitely be in and I know a lot of the Louisville KY people would be in too

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
Your words are wise, VeeDub, but it was only a mild ambition to chance some fate. While there surely must be somewhere else that can meet the rigorous requirements, I don't know what could be better suited. I still think STL would be a well-received venue and would likely offer some input if there were a proper team for it one day. :)

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
All be advised:

In the not-too-distant future there may be a secret exploritory commitee meeting regarding the potential of TDIFest 2014 being in St. Louis, Missouri. So PM me if you want in on some of that. :cool:

woofie2

Veteran Member
TDI
Former TDI owner
I could put you in touch with some people who maybe could help,

I believe the STLVW group has some contacts with some organizations around that could be bennificial, (such as Gateway race track)

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
Noted. I've found a great hotel venue so far, currently waiting for some info, stay tuned, we might need that. :)

Jetmugg

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Count me in. I don't currently have a TDI, but I'm looking at all possibilities to put a slightly larger diesel engine in my '84 Dodge Rampage.

Status
Not open for further replies.