Rawtek Downpipe & Mid with Resonator Arrival!

tomsyco

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 White Golf 2 Door
Did you guys do overnight on the delivery of your ECU to Malone? Just trying to decide if it is worth the extra cost or if I could just wait. Probably should just be cheap so I ride my bike more often...damn work and not giving me time to ride.
I overnighted mine.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

elitegunslinger

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI :D
My tune has been pushed back till next week which stinks due to HPA being on vacation; that is alright though, I'll have to give you guys an update later next week with a review of the HPA / Rawtek combination.

gotsoot

Veteran Member
TDI
`04 passat tdi
looking at the pics,I see why they call themselves Rawtech.They need to hire a "WELDER" not someone to stick two pieces of pipe together.pretty crude.

tomsyco

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 White Golf 2 Door
I have their whole kit. All the welds are neat and proper.

elitegunslinger

Veteran Member
TDI
HPA has a stg2 tune?
I don't know if I'd call it that but it is a file which contains the regen delete.

More importantly a regen delete tune.
Exactly :D

looking at the pics,I see why they call themselves Rawtech.They need to hire a "WELDER" not someone to stick two pieces of pipe together.pretty crude.
Welds looked good to me; camera phone pictures never look good, I might grab some close ups when I get home.

Lol! If you say so.

I have their whole kit. All the welds are neat and proper.

What he said. I had my muffler guy go over the welds and he said they were perfect.
Agreed lol

tomsyco

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 White Golf 2 Door
Malones tune definitely properly deletes the regen. When I go to read dpf info with VCDS, and it says that it is not available /installed.

tomsyco

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 White Golf 2 Door
Hey elitegunslinger, did you get your duty and tax bill on the shipment yet? Ran me another unexpected $50.

Jeffbucc

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta Sportswagen TDI
Just mailed my ECU today to Mark, hopefully I can get it returned by Friday since my install is set for that day.

Those security bits are a ***** if you don't have a dremel. Used a cutting wheel attachment on my drill and then used a file to widen it enough for the flat head. Screw you VW, screw you.

tomsyco

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 White Golf 2 Door
Lol, I used to have to slot screws on game machines when they were really stripped like that. Nothing new to me.

tomsyco

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 White Golf 2 Door
I shipped via ups there and back. The bill was from FedEx though. Can't evade customs I guess lol.

elitegunslinger

Veteran Member
TDI
I shipped via ups there and back. The bill was from FedEx though. Can't evade customs I guess lol.

I didn't send my ECU out; is that what it's for? I don't think the exhaust has a customs fee, I hope not :(

Side note though; dropping my car off for the tune and exhaust tonight!

tomsyco

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 White Golf 2 Door
I didn't send my ECU out; is that what it's for? I don't think the exhaust has a customs fee, I hope not :(

Side note though; dropping my car off for the tune and exhaust tonight!
It's for the exhaust. I the declared value was over a grand and the box is huge.

tomsyco

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 White Golf 2 Door
It was a letter a week or two after receiving the package.

Dan"Gerous"

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta M6
What real world performance gains are you guys seeing and how about fuel economy when you keep your foot out of it??

tomsyco

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 White Golf 2 Door
What real world performance gains are you guys seeing and how about fuel economy when you keep your foot out of it??
The stated on Malones Site is real world. It's pretty impressive. Tires break free in second and the throttle response is amazing compared to stock. I am doing a fuel economy study now and will report back.

elitegunslinger

Veteran Member
TDI
Lol I love Caravan s.
This thing is pretty quick with the DSG though; I can tell the fuel economy is crap though by how I went almost 200 miles and ate half a tank of fuel. The slap shifting is very cool and smooth even under heavy acceleration also handles pretty good.

With the stage 1 stock tune I went up a couple mpgs; maybe 2-3 according to fuelly. I too will report back with gains after I am done having fun. :D

Last edited:

elitegunslinger

Veteran Member
TDI
wait wait wait, you just gave a Routan a complement.....
are you nuts??
Might be lol; although this DSG is starting to sound funny...

283 hp (211 kW) and 260 lb·ft (353 N·m) is pretty good in a straight line; it really does haul ass :p

OH NO ITS A CHRYSLER MOTOR

tomsyco

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 White Golf 2 Door
Might be lol; although this DSG is starting to sound funny...

283 hp (211 kW) and 260 lb·ft (353 N·m) is pretty good in a straight line; it really does haul ass :p

OH NO ITS A CHRYSLER MOTOR
What vehicle is this?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2