Increase Horse Power

micheltan

TDI
2011 Audi A3 TDI Titanium
I have a 2011 Audi A3 TDI. I am not going to mess with it while it is under warranty, however, I would like to know when the warranty runs out what I can do to increase the horse power. What's the maximum, realistically, I can look to gain from stock. Thanks your recommendations are much appreciated.

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03... Faster than yours =]
It all depends on your budget.. a 20-30% increase in power is usually attainable with only a software change.. After that point, things start getting really expensive, really fast.. The DSG will likely be the limiting factor.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
I've got a 2011 with 44K miles on it...... that warranty is long gone.
That's just your "bumper to bumper" warranty. You also have a 5yr or 60,000 mile power train warranty and an 80,000mi. (I think) emissions system warranty.

Have Fun!

Don

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
When my wife and I picked up our Passat, as the salesman was doing his usual "intro to the car" schpeel, I casually popped the fuse box cover off, reached in, yanked the DRL relay out. He said, with a confused look on his face, "What are you doing?". I said, as I handed him the relay "Voiding my warranty, here, you can keep this". :p

Poor guy. I will say one thing, he DID know to inform us not to leave the side mirror adjuster in the center [heated] position, or it will burn out the elements. So I have to give him some credit for that.