GTG Winnsboro SC Saturday July 14

Joeviocoe

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 VW Jetta TDI (Mk4) 1.9L ALH 5spd [VNT-17/22 Turbo, RC4, PP520 Nozzles]
I was having intermittent turbo lack of boost problems as I was leaving the GTG. It looks like the EGR to EGR cooler flex pipe cracked open. Leaked at first, now busted.

I've got it blocked off as a temp fix.

jcilforever

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta (SOLD), 2004 Beetle, 2003 Jetta Wagon (parts car) all manuals all for sale
Thanks to everyone at the GTG, sorry my car fell apart there, I should have tested it longer but was crunched to get the turbo in ontime, it went in days before. Thank you to Landon and Robbie for the hoses, work and the other guy whose name that I forgot who took me to the parts store.

Thanks to Mr. RODRIGUEZ for finding a lasting temporary fix to the leak. How is the turbo buy the way?

Just wanted to drop you all a line that I got in a hose from HPS that once cut down solved the problem and I was able to reuse the other other permanent parts and have a great working setup.

Thank you Dan for the pitstop back to my house and the sandwich very gracious of whoever supplied them.

The tune is going to happen in the coming weeks along with clutch replacement. Determined not to let a disability keep me down:)

AARodriguez Corp.

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2009 JSW and Golf 2004 TDI
Thanks to everyone at the GTG, sorry my car fell apart there, I should have tested it longer but was crunched to get the turbo in ontime, it went in days before. Thank you to Landon and Robbie for the hoses, work and the other guy whose name that I forgot who took me to the parts store.

Thanks to Mr. RODRIGUEZ for finding a lasting temporary fix to the leak. How is the turbo buy the way?

Just wanted to drop you all a line that I got in a hose from HPS that once cut down solved the problem and I was able to reuse the other other permanent parts and have a great working setup.

Thank you Dan for the pitstop back to my house and the sandwich very gracious of whoever supplied them.

The tune is going to happen in the coming weeks along with clutch replacement. Determined not to let a disability keep me down:)
I am very happy with the turbo, but it wont be on long, I placed an order for the gtb2260+RyanaP manifold kit.
:D

jcilforever

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta (SOLD), 2004 Beetle, 2003 Jetta Wagon (parts car) all manuals all for sale
I am very happy with the turbo, but it wont be on long, I placed an order for the gtb2260+RyanaP manifold kit.
:D
Jelious how much did that set you back? and what clutch are you getting? exhaust? etc to support it.

Joeviocoe

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 VW Jetta TDI (Mk4) 1.9L ALH 5spd [VNT-17/22 Turbo, RC4, PP520 Nozzles]
Someone here expressed an interest in buying my VW wheels. Who was that?

AlcoC420

Veteran Member
TDI
It's now early April 2013. Last year at the Winnsboro, SC gathering at Midlands Biofuels, Bio Joe said that they might schedule the gathering earlier in 2013 to avoid the flying insects that arrived by the busload at the 2012 meet.

Any word yet on a 2013 TDI gathering at Midlands Biofuels? We really enjoyed last year's meet. Thank you.

augie dog

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat
Hey everyone! I just purchased a 1996 Passat tdi and would really like to attend your GTG! I am trying to learn as much about this car as I can. I am in Apex,NC just outside of Raleigh so I am guessing about a 3 to 4 hour drive. If it takes place will it be a 1 or 2 day event? Are there hotel/motels in the area? I will monitor this post and hope to meet everyone and get some tips!!
Thanks!!

AlcoC420

Veteran Member
TDI
There is a Days Inn in Winnsboro, SC and a Ramada Inn in Ridgeway, SC, both close, but both suffer from mediocre reviews. The Fairfield Motel in Winnsboro has better reviews. I've never stayed at any of these.

Your best bet may be in Blythewood, SC on I-77 where a number of chain hotels have arrived. From Blythewood you'll be about 20 to 30 minutes from Midlands Bio. Midlands Bio is on the main street of Blythewood; when you see the diesels and the people, you'll be there. :)

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
Dang, already have plans that weekend. Really want to get out to one of these again soon :)