Lift pads & Bentley

jettajim

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 Golf 6-spd, '12 Passat gasser:(
Are there lift pads for the 2012 Passat? I'm looking for ones like I installed on my Jettas when they were new.

Also, when is the Bentley coming out for the 2012 Passat? I keeo searching the web and no luck.

Thanks!

Niner

duplicate account, banned
It's been mentioned that around 2010, I believe, Bentley lost the rights to doing VW service manuals. Perhaps a search in the jetta MK V or MK VI section will yield more information for you, I seem to remember reading something about it in there.

WeeeZer14

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE DSG
This is what Ross-Tech has on their website:

Through the end of 2008, Bentley Publishers was the official producer of repair manuals for the US configured VW and Audi products. Since the end of 2008, Bentley Publishers has made minor updates to their products.

jettajim

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks for the info on the Bentley--I didn't know that. So, who is making their manuals now? I'll do a web search.

What about the lift pads?

Thanks,

MyAvocation

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Passat SEL TSI
For starters, it's not for these:

They come in many sizes and shapes, but are generally to protect a car's jack point from becoming... well, jacked-up. ;)

jettajim

Veteran Member
TDI
It's been a while so I'm hoping that there's some new info on the lift pads. I searched Vortex but no luck.

Thanks,

LokiWolf

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
I just made my own out of high density foam. Works for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

VWJayhawk

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium
It's been a while so I'm hoping that there's some new info on the lift pads. I searched Vortex but no luck.

Thanks,
Can search Google or elsewhere for 'Audi B8 A4 jack lift pads' - seems the two have the same pinch welds. I will look and see where I got mine from...all I know is it wasn't Amazon ha. Although Amazon may have some now.

As mentioned above, you could saw a gap out of a hockey puck too if you wanted...that is basically what they are (the ones I have).

jettajim

Veteran Member
TDI
The kind I have for my '01 Jetta are from VW and they are a 2 piece unit. They were included on cars in foreign markets but not the US--of course. There's a hole in the frame that was plugged. The plug was removed for the lifts pads to be pressed in usually with a floor jack.

Anyways, I thought that maybe there was something similar to that for the B7.

I understand that there are other items I could use but I was looking for a VW manufactured product. The ones I have for the Jetta were cheap even though they were VW.

Thanks for the info!

whiteywhip

TDI
1968 572 HEMI ROADRUNNER 2013 PASSAT TDI SEL PREMIUM
Well, looking at this/these, http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Passat_B5-FWD-1.8T/Search/ECS_VAG_Lift_Pad_Kit/ES251835/I think they will work on the pinch welds for our cars. For b5 passat but should work. Not as cheap as a jack pad as mentioned above, but if want VAG part, may be best bet...

Just googled VW Jack Pads.

Good luck!
thanks for sharing.......i see they have it on the lift using wood shims........i have a lift in my garage and was wondering where i was going to lift from.....either wood or there pads...

50pascals

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 A6 3.0 TDI Prestige, prior was a 2013 TDI Passat SEL Plus
The Passat has thickened sections with an L-bend for placing jacks. They are pretty substantial relative to other makes. Cut a block of wood to fit in your jack pad.

VernK

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat 2.5L Gas
The Passat also appears to have the holes for the rubber pads in the ECS kit, through the rear one has the handbrake cable running right across it, so you'd have to take care not to crush that when jacking.

Further reading (but none dated after 2004) suggests the pads are for use only with a lift, use of just one pad to lift a side of the car may/will deform at least the forward pads. Anybody know if this is still the case, or has VW strengthened the floor pan since then?

Yours
Vern

Last edited:

TypeRod

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Prem.

whiteywhip

TDI
The Passat also appears to have the holes for the rubber pads in the ECS kit, through the rear one has the handbrake cable running right across it, so you'd have to take care not to crush that when jacking.

Further reading (but none dated after 2004) suggests the pads are for use only with a lift, use of just one pad to lift a side of the car may/will deform at least the forward pads. Anybody know if this is still the case, or has VW strengthened the floor pan since then?

Yours
Vern
geez....you would think there would be lifting points built into the car instead we have to buy rubber pads....unreal

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
whiteywhip: sorry to add to your grief, but you'd better figure out how to tow your Passat...there's no tow eye...gotta be hooked from underneath, and hope the tow-truck driver knows how to protect the bottom of the bumper...

whiteywhip

TDI
whiteywhip: sorry to add to your grief, but you'd better figure out how to tow your Passat...there's no tow eye...gotta be hooked from underneath, and hope the tow-truck driver knows how to protect the bottom of the bumper...
more good news....thanks