Auto start for 2012 TDI

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
Autostart is standard on the SEL, so...anyone with an SEL posting here has the autostart feature.

RonJitsu

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Mercedes Benz E320 CDI, 1/2 of a 1985 Jetta 1.6 Diesel
I'm also interested to see if anyone with the SE model gets an aftermarket remote starter installed. Most places I know say they wont touch VW's...

Diesel Ed

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE (DSG); 09 Jetta TDI (DSG, Sedan)
Our SEL doesn't have it. I believe it's standard on the SEL Premium's.

gfr1

TDI
2012 Passat SEL TDI ordered
Our SEL doesn't have it. I believe it's standard on the SEL Premium's.
I was told & I believe I've seen in in one of these forums, that all Passat SEL TDIs are Premium and that the designation of Premium for these vehicles is redundant. If you check the Passat brochure, you'll see the 2.5 SEL with & without the Premium designation, but not the Diesel nor the 3.6.

gfr1

ajfd

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL
Yes, the TDI SEL has it.

Now if we could only disable the auto-shut off when unlocking/entering the car. I don't really understand the point to shutting off a remote started car when it is unlocked/entered.

Marty790

TDI
2012 Passat TDI Highline, sport group
Yes, here in Canada, we can get all the trim levels (trendline, trendline plus, comfortline and highline) in 6 speed manual with the 2.5 and the TDI. The auto start is only available with auto/DSG transmission, not with the 6M.

Also, we have a sport group with the comfortline and highline that includes:
-trunk lip spoiler
-18" bristol wheels
-carbon fiber black interior trim instead of the wood
-paddle shifts on the steering wheel with DSG only

Unfortunately, only the VR6 gets the memory seats,
Cannot have it in the TDI like in the US

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Very bizarre marketing scheme. I guess some VwoA committee evaluated a survey and decided they knew what would sell. Every car maker does it, of course.

RonJitsu

Veteran Member
TDI
Can you get this combo?
No.
Top trim level in Canada is available with 6 speed manual, it is not an SEL.
Yes you can (I think), I'm not sure how, but a co-worker of mine has one. Full SEL trim with the 6mt. I'll snap some pictures if I can.

I'll take a better look over the car tomorrow and see whats up with it. Maybe he added the badge? I'll report back what I find.

Last edited:

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
RonJitsu...yes, photos would be nice, because the word all along from VWoA is..."No can do..."

RonJitsu

Veteran Member
TDI
Didn't see the car today. I'll be back at that office on Monday. So hopefully I'll have some pics then.

strongtm

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE Black
Thanks all. Mine doesn't even have the option on the key fob. I do not have nav. I do have dsg (which I can't seem to adjust to), leatherette, sunroof.

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Strongtm...read some threads on the DSG. It takes some adjusting, but once you've got an idea of how it's working, it's quite good...this coming from a committed gear rower...

Diesel Ed

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE (DSG); 09 Jetta TDI (DSG, Sedan)
Correct, when. I posted here i thought it was an SEL.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Niner

duplicate account, banned
Correct, when. I posted here i thought it was an SEL.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
Is that a picture of your Dad's SE TDI DSG with sunroof, or someone else's? I was not aware that you could get fog lights with the SE package, or is that an SEL Premium in the picture?

MarkB

TDI
2012 Passat
Niner,
The SE w/sunroof and Nav comes standard with fog lights not sure if the SE w/sunroof only has them.

craigpaul2000

TDI
2001, TDI jetta, silver...2006 TDI Jetta, White (SOLD)......2012 Passat TDI SEL Premium, Blue
I'm also interested to see if anyone with the SE model gets an aftermarket remote starter installed. Most places I know say they wont touch VW's...

I have a 2006 Jetta BRM TDI. Installed remote starter from Mickey Shorr. They just program a delay to allow GP to warm up if necessary. Has worked fine for 5 years now. Expensive though

JackMars

TDI
2015 Touareg TDi Highline R type
No memory seats

I have every available option on my TDi but unfortunatelly there is no memory seat option on the diesel model. Every time my wife drives my car I have to adjust seat and mirror manually and not too happy about this.
VW should have this as an option.

TheGrove

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL Premium Opera Red - Dieselgate Fix, KermaTDI Tune, 2004 Passat GLS Northern Green-RIP
Another difference between the Canadian and US models. In the US when you get the SEL Premium the drivers seat is a memory seat.

RonJitsu

Veteran Member
TDI
RonJitsu...yes, photos would be nice, because the word all along from VWoA is..."No can do..."
I must eat my words. Upon further inspection, its an SE model. I would have sworn that I had seen a SEL badge, I was wrong. Sorry guys. :eek:

RonJitsu

Veteran Member
TDI
I have a 2006 Jetta BRM TDI. Installed remote starter from Mickey Shorr. They just program a delay to allow GP to warm up if necessary. Has worked fine for 5 years now. Expensive though
Thats great to hear. I'm hoping to find someone (in my area) thats good enough to do the job right.

Sparkles

TDI
2012 SEL Premium - 145k miles
I can't seem to get my auto-start to work on my TDI SEL Premium. Have tried the 2x button and in fact even pushed it 10x to try get the car to start, but no can do. Any suggestions?