Any body have a hydraulic press?

OnePutt

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf (Silver) | 2005 Jetta Wagon (Spice Red)
Hey all, I am doing a suspension refresh on the Jetta today. Does anybody in the Bay Area have a hydraulic press that they'd be willing to help me press a few bushings into the LCA's? I was trying to get the LCA's out before 5:00 so I could take it to a shop to do, but it's running late and shops will be closing soon and it'll be difficult to find an open shop on a Saturday.

I can pay you some cash or pay in some beer.

THANKS FOR LOOKING!

NewTdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Bora, Reflex Silver
I kinda do ... call me! Or Frankencar also has the goods!

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDIs: 2003 Jetta, 2016 Q5 3.0
If you want, I have a set of good LCA's from my jetta I can trade you... (Bushings need replacing). This way you can change the bushings out and paint the spare set and get them all ready to put then in ahead of time. Then after you just stick them in the car and no need to take in somewhere to press in new bushings.

Also, I use my vice to press the bushings in.. A little ghetto but works fine.

I can trade mt old set for your old set..

Hey all, I am doing a suspension refresh on the Jetta today. Does anybody in the Bay Area have a hydraulic press that they'd be willing to help me press a few bushings into the LCA's? I was trying to get the LCA's out before 5:00 so I could take it to a shop to do, but it's running late and shops will be closing soon and it'll be difficult to find an open shop on a Saturday.

I can pay you some cash or pay in some beer.

THANKS FOR LOOKING!

OnePutt

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf (Silver) | 2005 Jetta Wagon (Spice Red)
thanks for the offers gents...I ended up using a vice.

I did that last time w/ the golf and thought is was kind of ghetto as well....I thought I should press them the right way. As usually, my laziness got the better of me and didn't feel like I was up for the drive across the bay.

See you fellas at the March GTG...in my stock Jetta! LOL

NewTdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Bora, Reflex Silver
thanks for the offers gents...I ended up using a vice.

I did that last time w/ the golf and thought is was kind of ghetto as well....I thought I should press them the right way. As usually, my laziness got the better of me and didn't feel like I was up for the drive across the bay.

See you fellas at the March GTG...in my stock Jetta! LOL
Maybe you can put something in your trunk for me before you come to the GTG?