BP Diesel Premier

blazen71

Veteran Member
TDI
All Gone
Does anyone know of a BP that carries Diesel Primier in the Waukesha/Milwaukee area? I went to BP/Amoco Hiller Automotive Inc on Hampton Ave. in Milwaukee, WI last night and they no longer carry it:(

Galactic_Warrior

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta
Try the local Kwik Trips. Many have Koch Gold.

Otherwise there is a BP on the old hwy 75 in Theinsville or the BP on Mooreland and Bluemound, but he is expensive.

blazen71

Veteran Member
TDI
All Gone
Try the local Kwik Trips. Many have Koch Gold.

Otherwise there is a BP on the old hwy 75 in Theinsville or the BP on Mooreland and Bluemound, but he is expensive.
Thanks for the heads up. I drove past the BP on Moreland and Bluemound, and they have Premier for $3.79/gallon.

kew1827

TDI
2011 Golf TDI
Just a quick FYI. BP Premier Diesel is being discontinued sometime in the next month. I work for a fuel transporter that hauls to BP stations and others in the area and we were told about this recently.

blazen71

Veteran Member
TDI
All Gone
Just a quick FYI. BP Premier Diesel is being discontinued sometime in the next month. I work for a fuel transporter that hauls to BP stations and others in the area and we were told about this recently.
That sucks. The Quik Trips carry performance Gold, I guess I'll stick with that.

Bronco648

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle
kew1827 said:
I was looking for "Diesel Premier" at BPs in Chicago-land. My local BP station (Devon Ave. in Elk Grove) must have already "switched" because their diesel pump does not have any wording that would lead you to believe that fuel is anything special. It is 10 cents more expensive than the Thornton's across the street however.

Does anyone carry a "premium" diesel fuel?

TDiSkater

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG Salsa Red
Fries Automotive Services in Palatine (next to Chicago Exec Airport) advertises premium diesel, but they only have high flow nozzles. They also have limited weekend hours, as they primarily service trucks. I haven't run into anything labeled premium. I'm just happy to find unlabeled pumps these days.

ChiTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Jetta
[QUOTE

Does anyone carry a "premium" diesel fuel?[/QUOTE]

I know Country Mark in Indiana sells 50 cetane fuel. Countrymark.com
Illinois and Chicago in particular is a roll of the dice.

Midwesthick

Veteran Member
TDI
A3, GSW, 02-Golf
is good diesel that hard to find in Milwaukee these days? Im moving back home in a month and 3 days, Florida is all good all over the place.

redbrick1

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW TDI
is good diesel that hard to find in Milwaukee these days? Im moving back home in a month and 3 days, Florida is all good all over the place.
I've never had a problem finding good diesel in Milwaukee. I'm like most people, I suspect, I look for a reasonably busy place that's convenient to work or home.

Welcome back to a 4 season climate, BTW.

redbrick1

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW TDI
So where do you like to fill up?
As I said, I find convenient locations. Of course, what's easy for me might not be for you.

Citgo on Miller Parkway and Greenfield
35th and Burnham (No specific brand name here, I think)
Speedway on 92nd and Oklahoma
Mobil on Wisconsin and Hwy 100
I also fill up frequently in Muskego/East Troy, during my commute.

Midwesthick

Veteran Member
TDI
A3, GSW, 02-Golf
I've never had a problem finding good diesel in Milwaukee. I'm like most people, I suspect, I look for a reasonably busy place that's convenient to work or home.
Welcome back to a 4 season climate, BTW.
Word good deal. Ya I talked to my parents earlier and they said 22 degrees, here in Orlando its 75+ still everyday. School better be worth it ugg lol.

SD26

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta TDI 5sp, 2002 Jetta TDI 5sp
That's news to me!

The BP in Eagle has always had it, but my work has found me getting fuel from Speedway in Waukesha off Sunset.

blazen71

Veteran Member
TDI
All Gone
I spoke with the fuel truck driver at the BP on Moreland and Bluemound, and he confirmed that Premier diesel in no longer available.

mjez

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta
Any one knows what type of diesel is sold at I-94 and route 50 or 75th street in Wisconsin? There are several stations there and I travel that way quite often.

redbrick1

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW TDI
Any one knows what type of diesel is sold at I-94 and route 50 or 75th street in Wisconsin? There are several stations there and I travel that way quite often.
I've filled up here frequently, at both the Shell/Duncan's donuts on the east side, and the BP by the Brat Stop. Never used the Citgo across from the Shell.

If you got further north on I94 to Racine, at Hwy 20 there's several mega-truck stops. Diesel always seemed couple cents cheaper in Kenosha, though.

mjez

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta
I've filled up here frequently, at both the Shell/Duncan's donuts on the east side, and the BP by the Brat Stop. Never used the Citgo across from the Shell.

If you got further north on I94 to Racine, at Hwy 20 there's several mega-truck stops. Diesel always seemed couple cents cheaper in Kenosha, though.
Any idea what type of diesel they sell at those stations?

Last edited:

SD26

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta TDI 5sp, 2002 Jetta TDI 5sp
That's news to me!

The BP in Eagle has always had it, but my work has found me getting fuel from Speedway in Waukesha off Sunset.
Just a couple of days ago, the BP in Eagle still had the sign for Premier...

Today, it just states BP Diesel.

lovemybug

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Red Beetle
Any idea what type of diesel they sell at those stations?
AFAIK, it's regular non-premium D2. BP and Speedway are on the west side of I94 along Hwy 50, and Shell and Citgo are on the east side. BP truckstop a few miles north of there at the Hwy 142 exit also sells off-road D2 for 20 cents less than on-road D2. You have to fill up with the big trucks on the back side. The pump closest to the building has the small car size nozzle on it. All the others are the large truck nozzles.

Fix_Until_Broke

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03 Jetta, 03 TT TDI
Have always had good luck with Kwik Trip/Kwik Star, but you have to be in the suburbs to get it. Closest to Milwaukee I think is I94West @ 164North just over the hill past American. As you continue west on I94 there's typically one at almost every other exit.

High turnover, they use Arctic Gold fuel in the winter. Only had one minor issue with gelling at -15F and that was 5+ years ago. No issues this winter, but I mixed my own cocktail of Kerosene, & Powerservice when it got really cold.