GTG January 28,2012 Chapin, SC

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Dan, sir?

Is there not a 'vendor' that is bringing discounted OEM stuff to the GTG that we can order?
I need a few A3/B4 fuel filters, and perhaps a T/B kit for b4....
plus an old 1.6 TD (ECOdiesel) t/b kit.

I think Aaron(BleachedBora) has in the past?

Vendor attending, please PM me about the parts above.
Thanks..
I have a spare 1Z/AHU TB kit on the shelf. They are here on approval from Aaron. Settle up with him and I'll bring it. I also need to know if you want the basic kit or the deluxe kit.

I might have the fuel filters, too. Same deal, settle up with Aaron and he'll refresh my stock.

At this time, looks like it will be myself, Eric, and Rachel! We can put her to work with the food....;)

Bruce

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
I have a spare 1Z/AHU TB kit on the shelf. They are here on approval from Aaron. Settle up with him and I'll bring it. I also need to know if you want the basic kit or the deluxe kit.

I might have the fuel filters, too. Same deal, settle up with Aaron and he'll refresh my stock.

At this time, looks like it will be myself, Eric, and Rachel! We can put her to work with the food....;)

Bruce

I believe Peter Noble from IDParts is Coming and PeterV riding with him.

engineerorange

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta
Less than 2 weeks to go

Just as we have done a couple of times in the past, the premier southeast TDI GTG will be complete with a "whole hog" BBQ.

My brother and I will handle the pig itself, but we aren't caterers.
Last year, DidJettaRun's lovely bride picked up barbeque appropriate side dishes at a local restaurant.

I would like to get a volunteer (preferably one of the locals) to lead the effort to coordinate side dishes. I would recommend that this volunteer call the restaurant of choice several days in advance and let them know what we want. On GTG day, this person will collect several dollars (whatever the cost is for the restaurant sides) from everyone who wants to participate in lunch and go pick up the food.

Someone please step forward this week or I will be forced to nominate someone. ;)

N41EF

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf, 2009 ML 320, 2006 NB, 2001 NB
Dan, I can bring plates, utensils, napkins, and cups if needed. I have a supply left over from Christmas open house at work.

Marauderer

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta "Diesel Edition"
It's been awhile since I have been to a GTG.

I have several things to do. I hope someone has the tool to change the DSG fluid as I lent mine out and it never came back.

Redo my RC1+ tune since the egr delete, Change DSG fluid, if Vagcom available check for codes, get coding right on Euro Tail lights, Pull Valve cover and check the cam lobes.

I will need an addy or directions, have my trusty Garmin GPS.

Last edited:

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
It's been awhile since I have been to a GTG.

I have several things to do. I hope someone has the tool to change the DSG fluid as I lent mine out and it never came back.

Redo my RC1+ tune since the egr delete, Change DSG fluid, if Vagcom available check for codes, get coding right on Euro Tail lights, Pull Valve cover and check the cam lobes.

I will need an addy or directions, have my trusty Garmin GPS.
Hey! I remember you!:eek:

dirtysouthjacket

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI Premium 6MT, 2004 Jetta TDI GLS (sold)
Dan, is there going to be any VAG-COM classes for FRI evening? I know that this has happened in the past, but didn't see it mentioned anywhere in the thread. If not, no big deal. :)

DanG144

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 A4 Jetta 5spd
Please go to the first post, click on the google document spreadsheet.
One tab has a sign up sheet, another has the address and contact information.

We do have a DSG fluid tool available.

Remember, you guys that want to do a DSG fluid service, that your transmission must cool for several hours in order for it to be below the required temperature. How long depends upon ambient temperatures and winds.

Marauderer

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta "Diesel Edition"

Remember, you guys that want to do a DSG fluid service, that your transmission must cool for several hours in order for it to be below the required temperature. How long depends upon ambient temperatures and winds.
Hi Dan, I have done my fluid before and I figure sometime during the day to get it up on the lift and do it. I had a Vagcom last time I did it and temp wasn't an issue but I could see in the heat of summer and no wind. I might throw a 20" box fan in the car and bring it with me that should accelerate the cooling process.

I am still looking for my stuff in the garage and will bring it if I find it.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I'm doing the schedule at work and attempting to work this GTG in. We have a fairly big event that day, but I'm pretty sure the rest of my staff can handle it. :)

Abaddon2501

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI Auto
Hey Dan,

Have you or anyone ever replaced the steering angle sensor? Mkiv Jetta 03 I think this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6t2hJCFqX0w
(We think that is what is wrong) I'm trying to get our (Merlyn and I's) father to come to this GTG. We tried using VDCS and running the alignment calibration then driving it straight for x amount.
Or any idea what could be causing the problem? Not sure if he can make it or not yet. I'll post the error code it is throwing when I get it from my Father.

Thanks Daniel

Last edited:

paramedick

TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
For the early A5 guys. I came home from TDIFest with a box full of TB kits. I've whittled them down so that only surplus left is 2 BRM kits. If interested, these can come to the GTG. Just pay Aaron's most current price and have him confirm sale to me prior to delivery.

http://shopping.boraparts.com/product_info.php?products_id=316

No, I'm not pimping for Aaron. Just trying to get surplus stuff out of my garage without shipping it across the country.

Bruce

paramedick

TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI

One other thing to consider. Works a treat. I can bring a funnel setup.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=285445&highlight=dsg&page=2

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Just checking some hotel prices nearby... Hyatt Place 17 minutes down the road is $79/night if you bring a can of food for the food drive, or $80 non-refundable, or $85 regular rate. Not bad!

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
Just checking some hotel prices nearby... Hyatt Place 17 minutes down the road is $79/night if you bring a can of food for the food drive, or $80 non-refundable, or $85 regular rate. Not bad!
I believe this is where I stayed the last time I went to Dan's GTG. It's not too shabby :D

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Not too shabby and I have a few Hyatt points to burn up! Sounds like a winner to me. I'll be making our reservation once I confirm that we will be able to make it to the GTG.

VWSHPFRMN

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
None at the time
I have one factory steel skid plate kit for MkV and MkVI golf/jetta I can bring with me for $400.(SOLD TO nickeasy) If any one needs OEM parts at 20% off list send me a PM so we can make arrangements.

Last edited:

DanG144

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 A4 Jetta 5spd
And we can almost certainly get that skid plate installed for you at the GTG for free, just sign up on the google doc.

We have the food, plates, knapkins, paper towels, silverware sorted out.

Be sure to bring, drinks, deserts, snacks.

You may also want to bring a chair, a pop up shelter and extension cord.

DidJettarun

Veteran Member
TDI
A5 2005.5 Jetta A4 2003 Jetta
Dan looks like I will be there..will be flying back from Phoenix Fri red eye..might be more worthless than usual, but after all, Eng.orange pig will make a man find a way.. Side note...co-worker has new CC and blew out his DSG. Another co-worker has 06 tdi with worse sounding DMF I have ever heard..have to ask jimbote if it can be changed in parking lot...could be huge career move...LOL. Since he lives in Ft. Lauderdale will hook him up with Pete

laundryeater

Veteran Member
TDI
'00 Golf, '15 Golf SW
I don't think we're going to have overtime posted for once! I've got coolant leaking from my coolant cap. I'm worried it's a blown head gasket! :(

03PlatinumTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Diesel Free after 14 years
Dan,

Myy son's Pine Wood Derby race is the same day so I won't be able to make it to the GTG. Hopefully I can come to the one you usually have in July. Have fun.

Pete