Vag Com repair service?

BigVWman

Veteran Member
Apex, NC soon to be back in the mitten of doom!
TDI
A1 cabriolet tdi and 01 nb tdi and countless gassers!
I'll be darned those folks at Ross Tech are on the ball! It seems there are options for repair replacement!It will teach me another lesson about making assumptions! I may soon be able to check my pump timing:)

unpimpZauto

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon, Black
If you buy a cable (or license) from Ross-Tech (or a Ross-Tech approved retailer), you are a registered user. If you bought the cable elsewhere (such as on the forum), you are not a registered user.

Keithuk, ilexia is on Ross-Techs approved list for the UK, so you should be a registered user.

BeartheBruce

Vendor
But how do you know who is a registered user as there is no card to fill in or web link in the paperwork to register you to this device Bruce?

I bought mine of ilexia last Christmas.
Keith, have you ever been to the Ross-Tech home page? If you have, then you must have seen the REGISTER/ Activate VCDS Software link. It's in the list of fast links.

Follow the instructions on that page for the style of interface you have. Ilexa has been selling HEX-USB+CAN style for a long time. My guess is you have a HEX-USB+CAN assembled by Ilexa. All repair of that item is with Ilexa. Contact them if you are having issues.

Keithuk

TDI
Golf GTD 2.0 (170)
Cheers Bruce I've found it and regitered.

It doesn't ask which cable I bought yes it was HEX-USB+CAN.

I don't recall seeing a certificate number on the invoice so I used the short and long numbers?

jef@rosstech

Associate Ross-Tech Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 Dog hauling, wood towing, pinball stashing Jetta wagon
If you do not have a certificate, then the Short Serial number which is found on the sticker of the plastic shell on the interface, tends to start with HC******. And then the Long Serial Number which is found on the [About] screen of VCDS.

I'd say most customers never did receive a Certificate Number, but some do. If you didn't, no big deal.

Cheers (I find myself saying this now to our UK callers).:)

Keithuk

TDI
Golf GTD 2.0 (170)
I'd say most customers never did receive a Certificate Number, but some do. If you didn't, no big deal.

Cheers (I find myself saying this now to our UK callers).:)
Cheers Jef.

So how come some users get this Certificate Number and some UK users don't, isn't it normal sales procedure to supply one?

Do I complain to Ilexa?

BeartheBruce

Vendor
All UK distribs except Ilexa, buy their interfaces direct from Ross-Tech. Those that buy from us direct do not use certificates any longer. They use the short serial number. Ilexa, who manufactures interfaces under license, may still use certificate numbers on their units. Frankly, I am not sure they do because their software licensing uses the same short serial number. So, since 2004, not many, if any UK suppliers are using certificates.

There are other distributors throughout the world who may use a certificate number. Hence our web pages must still allow for them. Make sense?