TDI's in Illinois

sfierz

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Tornado Red Passat
You might see me in and around Rockford--I now have a TDIclub frame--as well as lots of bumper stickers. Tornado red 96 Passat.

Well i finely put a frame on mine. Dark blue 2006 Jetta. I have been driving I 90 Rockford to O"hare for 22 years driving VW diesels. Never have seen a TDI club frame.

rbobgovw

TDI
06jetta, 02golf, 96passat
just got back from an east coast road trip, saw lots of tdi's but only one I could remember was a red mk4 jetta going westbound in ohio on friday
plate was RKT CHIP thought it might be a club member ? bob...

All of Us

Ian's Dad
TDI
2015 NMS Passat SE TDI "Gin" 2006 A5 New Jetta TDI "Graycie" and 2003 A4 Jetta GLS TDI "Liath"
rbobgovw:

Did that Spice Red A4 Jetta have Pennsylvania plates? If so, I believe you spotted JSRMonster himself. That would be Jeff from Rocket chip. May have been on his way to the event in Marysville, OH at jonwilliamhamilton's place (Jon's Auto).

Dan

Last edited:

All of Us

Ian's Dad
TDI
2015 NMS Passat SE TDI "Gin" 2006 A5 New Jetta TDI "Graycie" and 2003 A4 Jetta GLS TDI "Liath"
Silver JSW TDI

Volks:

At about 1:45PM today I was heading towards Indiana on I-294. Just south of O'Hare Airport I was passed by the referenced vehicle. Car had Illinois plates that started with 468. I was driving Liath at the time. Anybody here's car?

Dan

AndySRT

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 cup car
Black cup car no body kit southbound on 53 near route 14 around 800-830am no plate I was headed north bound in my work truck

Dimon80

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
Cool I spotted a copy of my car lol. I drive all around for work and your the only other cup car i have seen.
My friend also drives the same car as mine and yours :), except auto, in NW suburbs. I've also seen white one with body kit around rt.83 and thorndale.

AndySRT

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 cup car
Yesterday 4-13 Black Mk4 jetta wagon I355 south about 430-5pm had a TDI club plate frame. I was in my work truck again

All of Us

Ian's Dad
TDI
Blue Passat TDI with Florida plates

Volks:

Tonight around 5PM I was headed east on the Eisenhower Expressway (I-290) and at Harlem Avenue I caught up to the above referenced car. Florida plates started with 592. If it was your car, it looked very nice.

Dan

All of Us

Ian's Dad
TDI
Volks:

Today at around 11:30AM I stopped by the Trader Joe's in LaGrange to do some shopping and as I was leaving I spotted a white A5 Jetta TDI parked in the lot outside. It had Illinois plates that started with G34. Anybody here care to claim this one?

Dan

All of Us

Ian's Dad
TDI
Westbound I-88 Black A5 Jetta TDI

Volks:

Spotted the referenced car this morning at around 9:15AM when I was just west of the Naperville Road exit. Car had Illinois plates that started with L38 and it appeared to have an Autobarn VW plate frame. Anybody???

Dan

All of Us

Ian's Dad
TDI
Prime Outlet Mall Aurora

Volks:

When I was leaving the referenced location at around 10:40AM today I ended up behind a silver A4 Jetta TDI. Car had Illinois plates that started with X99 and this particular car had a Cat Diesel Power plate frame. Anybody care to claim this car?

Dan

All of Us

Ian's Dad
TDI
Black JSW TDI

Volks:

Today at around 1PM I was heading south on First Avenue and at the intersection for the Eisenhower Expressway I was next to the referenced car. It had Illinois plates that started with 911 and had an Autobarn VW-Countryside plate frame. This car even had cross bars attached to the roof rails on top of the car. Also, woman was behind the wheel.

Dan

All of Us

Ian's Dad
TDI
Red JSW TDI from Michigan!

Volks:

At about 8:30AM I was travelling west on Ogden Avenue (IL RTE 34) in Lyons, IL and spotted the referenced car. It had Michigan plates that started with BVD and had a plate frame from an Ann Arbor dealership (Cooper?). Not expecting anyone to claim this one, but what the heck?

Dan

Jack_Berry

Veteran Member
TDI
02 jetta sedan
blk a5 jsw

on the kennedy eb from cumberland ave. you 30 ish. bb cap goatee brown. brown grocery bag in the back.

All of Us

Ian's Dad
TDI
Black JSW TDI at Oakbrook Shopping Center

Volks:

Yesterday evening (after 7:45PM) I was at Oakbrook Center and spotted a black JSW parked near The Clubhouse Restaurant. Car had a Pugi license plate frame and the Illinois plate started with K94. Anyboby here care to claim this one as their own?

Dan

All of Us

Ian's Dad
TDI
Volks:

This thread has been dormant for long enough! Tonight on the way home from Yorktown Shopping Mall I was heading east on 31st Street. At the intersection of 31st and Wolf Road a blue A5 Jetta (that was also heading east on 31st) came up along side me in the right turn lane to head south on Wolf. Car had Illinois plates that started with K83 or K84 (bad memory and eyesight, sorry). I think it also had a Pugi dealership license plate frame, but I'm not positive on the LPF. Anybody here care to claim this one?

Dan

JB05

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf,2005,anthracite blue
Yesterday, shortly after the storm, I saw an old, rather beat-up looking, black Passat(B3?) turning West onto Higgins from Arlington Heights Road. He let out a puff of black smoke when accelerating. This older Passat TDI is probably my first sighting ever of an older TDI. Anybody from here?
All-of Us you do get around. I'll try to post more sightings, although they are few and far in between.

Last edited:

DasTeknoViking

Veteran Member
TDI
B4 TDi, A4 R32
B3 never came with TDis in the states... Could be a B4 ? Did it have no grill in the front ? Mine won't be spotted for a while, doing some serious power upgrades and it's been sitting last three months: I ride a bike daily from March till November sometimes even year long. I see quite a few TDi on my 90 mile round trip commute... Will post sightings from now on !

andy7079

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta Sedan, 2014 Touareg
Volks:
This thread has been dormant for long enough! Tonight on the way home from Yorktown Shopping Mall I was heading east on 31st Street. At the intersection of 31st and Wolf Road a blue A5 Jetta (that was also heading east on 31st) came up along side me in the right turn lane to head south on Wolf. Car had Illinois plates that started with K83 or K84 (bad memory and eyesight, sorry). I think it also had a Pugi dealership license plate frame, but I'm not positive on the LPF. Anybody here care to claim this one?
Dan
That would be me. I have a University of Iowa LPF. Living in LaGrange, it was a matter of time before you spotted me. Now I'll have to keep my eyes out for you.

All of Us

Ian's Dad
TDI
That would be me. I have a University of Iowa LPF. Living in LaGrange, it was a matter of time before you spotted me. Now I'll have to keep my eyes out for you.
andy7079:

Woohoo, we have a winner!!! You're the first sighting post I've put up that has ever been claimed. And as you probably know, I've put up quite a few. Anyway, Your car looks sweet! I really like that color and it was my second choice after platinum gray. Keep an eye out for other TDIs in the area and post'em here. You made my day, thanks!

Dan

andy7079

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta Sedan, 2014 Touareg
Grey A4 Jetta Sedan spotted southbound on Downers Grove Main St. at about 11:30. Don't remember the plate, but it had TDI Club frame on the front.

Sent from my HTC Aria using Tapatalk

magdoll

TDI
2005 Golf
Grey/Black? Golf spotted on Weber Rd SB this morning, gunmetal wheels, after market tail-lights and custom TDI badge.

All of Us

Ian's Dad
TDI
JC Ehlert Park

Volks:

Since it's Ian's last day of summer vacation I took him over to the local skateboard park at the above referenced city park in Brookfield, IL. When we pulled in there was one other car in the parking lot and it was a silver A4 Golf 4-door. As soon as the driver started the car I could tell it was a TDI. Car looked to have an Autobarn license plate frame and the Illinois plate started with 769. Anybody here at the park during lunch since this sighting was at around noon today?

Dan

FraggyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta
If you see a white MKIV jetta with blacked out grill and black steelies cruising around Butterfield or warrenville rd then that would be me :)

TDiSkater

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG Salsa Red
Saw a Candy White JSW MKVI parked, but looked more broken down as it's illegal to park on that road. On Deerfield Rd in Riverwoods. Slowed to render assistance, but looked like it had been there awhile. Hope nothing serious. However close enough to a local Speedway station to make me think about some bad possibilities.

All of Us

Ian's Dad
TDI
Moondance Diner in Westmont

Volks:

This morning I stopped at the above referenced place for breakfast and when I left at about 9:30AM a black JSW was parked across the aisle from me. Car was the newest body style (A6?) was black and had Illinois plates that started with VCL or possibly VCI (please pardon my old eyes and brain). Anyway, anybody here recognize this as their car and care to claim this sighting?

Dan