Dynaudio amp swap for VW amp (POS)

bhutchins

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDiCup, 02Q built Sept 2010
1. Get a Dynaudio amp.
  • yes, the "c" version is gone, the new 3C0-035-456-H is $649.70 at keffervwparts.com
2. Run a new wiring harness to that amp from the head unit and from that amp to each door.
  • yes if you dont have any under driver seat amp.currently $181.67 USD at naviservice.com.pl or $390.95 at http://kufatec.com
3. Disable the door's crossovers.
  • yes by way of individual wiring per your comment below
Or do you have to run it from the amp to each speaker individually?[/QUOTE]

Absolute Diesel

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI DSG (SOLD)
It's interesting that the factory speakers are this good that all they need is the dyna amp to drastically improve them.

Can someone who has done this upgrade in a 2010 tell me the max power the speakers can handle? I don't have the underseat amp, but know a very good stereo installer and may have him do this with a decent aftermarket amp.

ZiggyTheHamster

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 VW Jetta TDI
Can someone who has done this upgrade in a 2010 tell me the max power the speakers can handle?
I'm also curious because my aftermarket headunit's built-in amp sucks, and I'm considering running an amp (if it will fit!). $99 Dynaudio would have been great, but I'm too late to the party :)

bhutchins

Veteran Member
TDI
Found this list of parts for the cover from here.
1K0-035-833C HOLDER FOR AMPLIFIER 8 Eyro
1K0-035-933 BRACKET FOR HOLDER 5 Eyro
1K0-971-813B COVERING 4 Eyro (9B9 is satin black and 7G8 is pure beige)
N909-460-01 expanging nut X2 0,40Eyro total
N908-170-03 hexagon socket head panel bolt X2 0,40 Eyro total
2 M6 self locking nuts for any supplier.
1K0-035-833C HOLDER FOR AMPLIFIER
should be p/n 1K0-035-883-C

also need 6 - M6 x short pan head screws (from any one)

Last edited:

1998993C2S

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Jetta Pkg2 DSG Navi
It's interesting that the factory speakers are this good that all they need is the dyna amp to drastically improve them.
The Dynaudio authored DSP module is more than an audio amplifier and from a design perspective the DSP modules audio amplification section is a basic amp,,, prolly a straight forward design with MOSFETs output transistors driven by a switching power supply, a basic audio amplifier. The audio magic is in the (DSP) filtering side of things.... make no mistake. The DSPs active circuit architecture does all of the heavy lifting providing the HiFi performance signiture a boost, call it fierce control over any drivers connected to it (keeping in mind of the OEM drivers boundaries) and that fierce driver control is tailored to both the interior space & driver location of the Passat vehicles. .. That's okay with this Jetta MkV owner.

As for the VW uprated paper speakers in my and others MkV Jetta/GTI/GLI when optioned or equipped with the VW DSS HiFi option -
The German VW site shows an ala carte purchase availability of MkV chassis uprated speakers. Possibly my Jetta's optional DSS HiFi speakers are similar or the same as these uprated speakers offered in Germany by VW dealerships.

The DSP/amp module provides generous volume levels and with controlled bandwidth...Ya know... clean power is clean power and with 3db head room to boot,,, When the signal is tightly controlled with active filter control (XO), (EQ) in addition to time alignment, etc, etc its hard to beat. .... Plus,, driver phase control relative to frequency,,, this alone is a complex trick, try that in a passive circuit arrangement. Additionally I can tell you the Dynaudio active DSP module is doing something by way of a multi band parametric EQ or something,,, to mask the intrusive MkV chassis's ever changing NVH levels. When the audio system is operating, (CD is my input of choice) the system nulls the MkV chassis's NVH charactor greatly. The Jetta sedans interior becomes noticably quieter and specifically in the roaring road noise portion of the audible spectrum. .. Maybe its the Dynaudio DSP koolaide.....

Last edited:

bhutchins

Veteran Member
TDI
here's the parts list Paul @ KefferVWparts gave me
1 7H0-035-415 SPEAKER 1 207.32
2 7H0-035-416 SPEAKER 1 219.00
3 1Q0-035-454-D WOOFER 2 136.51 EA 273.02
4 1Q0-035-454-E WOOFER 2 156.95 EA 313.90
5 1Q0-837-973-H-9B9 TRIM 1 96.36
6 1Q0-837-974-J-9B9 TRIM 1 96.36
7 1Q0-868-147-C-82V TRIM 1 131.40
8 1Q0-868-148-C-82V TRIM 1 131.40

bhutchins

Veteran Member
TDI
are those still current numbers? I asked Paul to quote me all 10 Dynaudio speakers for a 2010 EOS.

where do I connect the can-bus wires?

Last edited:

maloosheck

Veteran Member
TDI
2K6 1K2 BRM, 2K8 7L6 BWF, 85 16 MF
are those still current numbers? I asked Paul to quote me all 10 Dynaudio speakers for a 2010 EOS.
I would be careful with any car over '09. Golf mk6 got 8-speaker 300W Dynaudio and I am concerned EOS could be affected by this downgrade, especially that you list 8 speakers only.

where do I connect the can-bus wires?
Anywhere where Entertainment CAN-BUS is available e.g. at the head unit.

bhutchins

Veteran Member
TDI
I would be careful with any car over '09. Golf mk6 got 8-speaker 300W Dynaudio and I am concerned EOS could be affected by this downgrade, especially that you list 8 speakers only.
I was told the speakers were from the same system with the3C0-035-456-H amplifier, but I will double check with Paul at keffer.

Anywhere where Entertainment CAN-BUS is available e.g. at the head unit.
just connect in parallel + to +, - to - ?

maloosheck thank you for your input, sent you a pm

Last edited:

maloosheck

Veteran Member
TDI
2K6 1K2 BRM, 2K8 7L6 BWF, 85 16 MF
I was told the speakers were from the same system with the3C0-035-456-H amplifier, but I will double check with Paul at keffer.
After checking ETKA they indeed look ok. I didn't notice you list 2 woofers.

just connect in parallel + to +, - to - ?
Yes, in parallel. Can High to Can High and Can Low to Can Low.

bhutchins

Veteran Member
TDI
the naviservice harness seems to be very good quality, even wrapped in the felt wrap. the harness are wrapped in bundles to each door and labeled, then to each speaker pair. Can wires are also labeled

remove interior trim, and lift carpet, route two plugs from amp under drivers seat to driver door sill. left rear wires goes rearward, all others forward. you'll find two ground terminals in the lower A trim for the ground wire.

Speaker Color key:
Brown/yellow: all speakers - (wrapped with each speaker +)
Blue : Bass +
Green : Mid +
Yellow: tweeter +

for the red wire, run it through the firewall, and you will use fuse 18. remove the T30 torx in the middle, and lift up

Fuse 18 load is pin 17

release lower mount with two clips (top poined to with pen) and slide toward engine

slide the purple release you'll insert the female connection into empty pin location 17 underneath

Last edited:

bhutchins

Veteran Member
TDI

-Picture above is of passenger side.
-Part 15 inserts into the floor on two existing studs, use two M6 nuts to secure
-remove two carpet penetrations on the tunnel, and install the squre nuts listed previously
-Install part 4 above with two N-908-170-03 hexagon socket head panel bolt into the squre nuts and two M6 screws into part 15
-amp slides in to part 4, and secure with two more M6 screw

Last edited:

Schumi

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium
Dynaudio Amp

If anyone has one for sale, please PM me. If anyone has any outllet for this part please let me know that as well. I am in my car 3 hours a day and REALLY need a better stereo. Thanks

bhutchins

Veteran Member
TDI
to add the speaker pins to the door 28 pin connector you need one repair wires 000-979-151-E and 000-979-134E for each speaker. (each repair wire has two connectors on it, so one for + and one for -). Since they list out as $21.45 each, I would recomend this link http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=245319

Last edited:

bhutchins

Veteran Member
TDI
Last edited:

1998993C2S

Veteran Member
TDI
Extending the systems lower register or frequency responce - in keeping with the Dyn systems pronounced clarity signiture and wide dynamic's... is going to be an interesting effort. Man,,,, loading the Jetta's interior with a whole-lotta of the very lowest octive of acoustc energy is going to be tricky. I'm just saying....

I once had a self made custom Perkins-Benz design LF enclosure loaded with a JBL 12" in a '83 GTI rear hatch; Kenwood 929 head unit, a Kenwood class A/B amp, etc. An engineer friend of then UREi, made up a killer 12v amp to drive the LF scheme.. At any NYC stop light pass'ers bye were entertained like it or not to Eric Clapton/Cream jamming in the GTI...

I'd be game for scheme-ing a small active LF addition to the Dyn arrangement.. but its going to be tricky maintaning uber low distortion,,, and all other parameters .... No?
Loading the interior is tricky....

Last edited:

bhutchins

Veteran Member
TDI
Update: new speakers needed to break-in. much better bass response after a couple of weeks. running flat response now.

stampsosu

TDI
2006 Silver
Hey guys, I've search the website to find this amp. I have an 06' Jetta TDI with the amp under the driver's seat. Anyone know where I can find this amp? I know it's short supply. I called my dealer and their systems only bring up the amp part ending in 'H', not C nor A. I would love to do this swap. Thanks fellas!

1998993C2S

Veteran Member
TDI
edit/delete text: I have an 06' Jetta TDI with the amp under the driver's seat.
Tell us more detail about your MY06 TDI? What's the production date? Which option package(s) does your TDI have? Does it have Navi/ (MFD2 w DVD?) Does the radio/Navi/etc head unit have the center armrest mounted CD changer?

Cheers, Mike

stampsosu

TDI
2006 Silver
I have an 06' with premium 7 package, OEM Double Din 6 disc changer head unit stereo (non navi), ipod AUX in the glovebox (I ran my own aux cable from the glove to the center console). I have the factory amp under my seat and i've read a truck load of info about swapping my amp with the said passat dynaudio amp for higher quality sound.

I took my car to the dealer a few weeks ago for it's 60K maint work and my dealer gave me a 2012 CC for a loaner - that stereo was sooooo nice! Clean mids, crisp highs, and nice lows. I don't know if this passat amp will make my car sounds as good as the 2012 CC, but if it's close, I will be very happy :)

bhutchins

Veteran Member
TDI
I've read, I believe in this thread, that the -A amp is 300W not the 600W higher end amp. yes, my jetta sounds incredible now, although I replaced all the $peaker$ with the EOS dynaudio speakers as well