NAPA now carries Lubro Moly and Pentosin

ZiggyTheHamster

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 VW Jetta TDI
Forgive me if this is already mentioned or common knowledge, but NAPA now carries Lubro Moly and Pentosin.

Part numbers, you say? :)

Lubro Moly Top Tec 4200 (505.00/507.00) = LM3707
Pentosin FFL-2 (DSG fluid) = G 052 182 A2

The problem is that they don't have it in stock at most of them - usually only in much larger cities than Tulsa. But they can order it and have it in a couple weeks.

So if you have patience, you can now pick up 507.00 oil at NAPA, Pep Boys (Mobil 1 ESP), and the dealer. Always in stock at Pep Boys FWIW.

CedarPark68

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Wagen
Ziggy,

I have known this for some time and would add that at my Napa at least, they want to charge a freight fee.

I have complained about this and they (my local store) tell me that there are certain distribution centers that that they can order from for free and that all others will have a freight fee.
I told them it sounded like a Napa issue, but they were quick to remind me that each Napa is a franchise and thus indepentently owned.

I went so far as to ask what does it take to get one DC to carry vs. another, they had no answer.

I have a feeling if they begin to move enough product, this will be a non-issue.

ZiggyTheHamster

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 VW Jetta TDI
Mine was more than happy to have them put it on their next warehouse order and bring it in (free of charge to me) next time they get an order from that warehouse (since they're making the trip anyways). I also suggested they get a case of DSG fluid since they can, and they agreed.

So looks like I'll be using Mobil 1 ESP this time around, but next time my car will get to enjoy delicious Lubro Moly. Anyone know if that stuff will actually go 30,000 miles (with filter changes I'm guessing)?

Henrick

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf VI TDI, 77 kW (CAYC)
Is it possible it might have slightly different formulation than the same brand European oil?

dadsdiesel

Veteran Member
TDI
'99 NB TDI
I had such good results (no UOA) about 6 years ago using Lubro Moly - but the shipping costs have turned me to other brands.

Going to see if my local NAPA is carrying it.

ZiggyTheHamster

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 VW Jetta TDI
I had such good results (no UOA) about 6 years ago using Lubro Moly - but the shipping costs have turned me to other brands.

Going to see if my local NAPA is carrying it.
It's about $10.25/L (sold in 5L bottles), and make sure they order it from their warehouse rather than freight it in so that it's free to you. Or if you live in a big city they'll probably have it in stock.

My local NAPA had several 505.01/505.00 Lubro Moly oils in stock, just none of the "TopTec 4200" that is required for 507.00 compatibility.

dadsdiesel

Veteran Member
TDI
'99 NB TDI
Thanks for the info on the price -

Just checked - I can buy the same from IDparts including shipping for less than that.....

This is for Synthoil Premium 5W40

NAPA - 5L = 51.25 + tax 3.08 = 54.33
IDparts - 5L = 34.50 + UPS 14.27 = 48.77

Even if the total price was equal, I would still buy from IDparts - sounds like NAPA has a very inflated price.