What did you do to your car today?

SCM.com

Veteran Member
TDI
Mr. Guetta - 2014 Jetta TDI Trimline +
Drove 90kms to the Rockies with no boost after blowing off an I/C coupling! What a smoky dog! Then put the car up on ramps and reconnected the coupling to the I/C. Now it drives a lot better!
Also applied an idparts decal for the added 5 ft/lbs of torque! Thanks Pete!!

-M.:D

scubagli

Veteran Member
TDI
1986 audi 4000Q ALH SWAP in progress...
Removed left hand axle to replace cv boots(inner was torn) after inspection decided to replace inner cv...luckily I had a used one out of a 2slow and swapped that in....All in all a very good day.

IDoSeaDoo

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta, CJAA 6spd
Various Things

Changed my coolant engine temp sensor to an OE Green one (mileage didn't go up like I hoped).

Cleaned my intake manifold and associated components, and put the little black bracket back onto the egr cooler. Dealerships tend to leave these off when the MKIV's go in for the egr cooler recall. This causes additional vibrations as well as leads to the total destruction of the lower egr pipe. This causes you to have no boost and makes your car sound like a WWII airplane.

darkhorse

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Golf GLS, '01 Dodge/Cummins
Fedx delivered a 5 lobed MAF bit (Thank you Paul!) That will make swaping out my punk MAF a lot easier. Now I just hope some one has a spare at the Platteville dyno day on Saturday.

boertje

Veteran Member
TDI
'01, '01, '03, ‘06 NB - TDIs all.
Took the Jetta in for a front end alignment after I did the suspension. Looks like I was pretty spot on except for the steering wheel not being centered. Now its perfect. The Jetta is finally completed and ready for the next 100K miles.

Vesparide

TDI
1999.5 Golf TDI
Installed Southbend stage 2 endurance with a 23lb solid billet flywheel and while I had the transmission out I disassembled the transmission and installed a Peloquin LSD over the long weekend. Job wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, just took my time and doubled checked everything. That little gremlin sitting on my shoulder was telling me to check it twice or your gonna be removing the transmission again.
Wow what a difference in the drive!

TDikook

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'06 Golf Anthracite Blue
Got a bit of time today to inspect what I was hoping to be a boost leak. no such luck, thinking the turbo seals have given out. also spotted the weld pulled through on my tailpipe. bummer.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Took IBW up to MrChill to fix its overboost problem. The 17/22's been overboosting for a few weeks: usually a good hard drive cleans it out, but it didn't seem to be working. I've also noticed my oil consumption is up a bit, so I wondered if the turbo was pushing a little oil.

It isn't. Clean as a whistle inside, except for some carbon. He took off the EGT probe and sprayed in some BG cleaner, and lubricated the actuator. And I swapped in another N75 to see if that would help. It was much better on the way home, most of the time not spiking beyond 26 PSI. I still think it needs some hard driving, but it's much better. Chill also put some magic goo in my CV boots and the shaking on hard acceleration is gone. And the car got jack pads and a new dogbone mount.

I realized that except for filters and fluids, a vacuum pump this winter, and a set of tires last Spring, I haven't done anything to the car for two years. Not bad reliability for a nine year-old car.

Last edited:

Deebeaux

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2003 Golf GLS
Got the NewSouth boost gauge and the offset column pod installed. Fought with the stupid IC pipe, but did NOT have to remove the headlight. :)

Gauge works, loving it.

Now I'm just hoping my hot swap injectors show up from Kerma tomorrow so I can do that this weekend. Or the harness for my MFSW shows up, that'd be a good project too.

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
Got the vagcom hooked up to check the IQ and timing to suit the bigger nozzles, IQ wasn't to bad but the timing was pretty retarded and now it's to advanced lol, I need to knock it back about 5-10 which is a pretty tricky operation.:)

VDUBS

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf GLS PD
Installed heated seats, heated seat switch and harness, VW 3 blink flasher mod, and Jetta vents that light up. Started on Wed. night and ended with a nice wash about 30 min ago. Everything works and can't wait till night time to see it all in action.

Last edited:

boertje

Veteran Member
TDI
'01, '01, '03, ‘06 NB - TDIs all.
Just did the suspension on TDI number 2, the 03 bug. Only with 60K miles and the shocks and struts are completely flat. Used the Bilstein TC sport. NICE! Replaced the strut mounts and bearings too. Everything else was tight.
Now have to order the parts to do TDI number 3, the 01 bug.

meducky

Veteran Member
TDI
Black 2013 Passat
Working on my sound system install. This is going to take me more then one day :( spent 2 1/2 hours last night planning where to install my amps and the cross overs. Now at least I know where stuff goes just have to put it in and wire it up !

Last edited:

Zedbra

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta TDI
i polished my headlight lenses with the 3M kit, they came out perfect. goodbye green and scratches

Before

After

agxster

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 1.9 TDi DSG (Mk.V) 2008 - RIP
Installed some LED bulbs for license plate lights which I bought from eBay. They look way too bright so I'll either try to swivel them round to reduce light output or just take em out.

NarfBLAST

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf 5MT
agxster, thanks for reminding me to replace my burnt out license plate light! An excuse to do something to my car today! Replaced both lights because even the working one was heavily blackened inside.

Last edited:

meducky

Veteran Member
TDI
Black 2013 Passat
Today I manage to install my sound processor, run the signals wires threw the car, mount the sub amp and all 4 crossovers to the back seat. So much more wires to be put in ....

VDUBS

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf GLS PD
Changed out the ECT sensor. Had trouble getting the o-ring out but I'm happy I had a pan underneath it as coolant came out till it stopped.

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDIs: 2003 Jetta, 2016 Q5 3.0
Put on a new 1722 on the Golf and did a lot of dumb$hit stuff while trying to install it............. car is back on the road but far from ready for the track... Not the smoothest frickin weekend...

Last edited:

Deebeaux

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2003 Golf GLS
This was a fun filled weekend...

Recoded the CCM for window up/down with the key fob, 15 minutes.

Installed the MFSW, with all the wires, and got it all working...about 7 hours. Not really sure why.

Nozzles coming this week, maybe all windows auto up/down this week too.

All of Us

Ian's Dad
TDI
2015 NMS Passat SE TDI "Gin" 2006 A5 New Jetta TDI "Graycie" and 2003 A4 Jetta GLS TDI "Liath"
Volks:

Yesterday I installed a set of Hella Twin Supertone Horns on Liath. Used the stock brackets and only needed to "redirect" them slightly.

Dan

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
pics? or link to the horn? How do the sound, bit better then the <limp wrist> "Heeeeeeey" <limp wrist> of the OEM?