DCOTC #12 Fall 2010 GTG, Omaha Nebraska

MrErlo

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf 4dr 5sp
That's right all you Omaho's, it's time to fire up the diesels and throw down one last time before we hunker down for the winter.

As per request/demand, we'll be having a GTG just before it gets too cold to venture out from our winter hidey holes. The Omaha Biofuels Coop will be glad to host the event and we're extending special invitation to all our recently DCOTC GTG-less Kansas City friends, since Mikey's time to carry the mantle has passed.

October 29th - 30th, Southwest Omaha Nebraska
Specific location details to be released pending approval of the owner

DIRECTIONS
Removed for privacy.
This will be a Friday night / Saturday affair, that way we can overlap with the regularly scheduled OBC work night and have everyone home in time to grab a/some drink/s and watch the kids scare your neighbors. More details with the specific location will be posted as soon as they're available, but for now this date is locked down as the alternative party for all midwesterners who are sad they can't make the 1,100+ mile trip to the Rally to Restore Sanity.

All of you Minnesota and South Dakota TDICluber's are due for a party more in your neighborhood, and this is your chance:

Losha I can't promise a wildlife-free trip down or back, but statistically you're much safer journeying to Omaha than KC.

VikingRob you know I expect you to show up as well.

Mikey141414 although you're no longer able to host, consider this an attempt to repay all the gracious hosting you've provided over the past few years.

See everyone at the end of October, costumes welcome. FYI you'll be in competition with MrErlo and MrScottdi so you better bring your A-Game.

Last edited:

mikey141414

Veteran Member
TDI
N/A 2015 Nissan Rogue, 2017 Sonata Plug in Hybrid
I'll have to see where I'm at the end of October. I am in the process of getting a day job. As of now, I work both Friday and Saturday night. If it changes, I'll make the drive!

Mikey

Vhunter

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 silver Jetta 5spd TDI
I have been away from TDI GTG's for a while, so I hope that I can make it to this one and see whats been going on in Omaha the past few years.
Drive ON!

MrErlo

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf 4dr 5sp
Sorry for the long delay in responding, I started a new job on Oct. 4th.

Vhunter & Frank,

We'd love to have you both join us. You can see some of the TDI's from the area and we'll be showing off all the neat technology we've developed at the Coop.

MrErlo

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf 4dr 5sp
Location TBD?
Apologies, here are directions.
Directions removed for privacy.

If you have any questions call my cell phone [removed for privacy].
Those are also now added to the original post.

Last edited:

MrErlo

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf 4dr 5sp
I cant go today but @ what time tomorrow ?
Since there's not a huge list of intense work being done, let's plan for

Saturday October 30th
12:00 noon - ???

We'll get a radio set up to listen to the Husker game which starts at 2:30pm. We can stay as long as people are interested, we'll have about 4 hours of OBC work to do and I'll personally plan on staying until the end of the game.

Does that work for you Wolfs?

aen4473

TDI
98 jetta 1z
Is there a chance someone will have a vagcom. I have an 1998 with 127k that went into limp mode last Friday. 1st time I had to park it. I will have to work until Approx. 3:00.

MrErlo

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf 4dr 5sp
Is there a chance someone will have a vagcom. I have an 1998 with 127k that went into limp mode last Friday. 1st time I had to park it. I will have to work until Approx. 3:00.
I will have a VagCom, but it will be on my MSI Wind Netbook with a broken screen. We should be able to run the scan, but it might be kind of hard to read so I'll plan on emailing it to you afterward.

Alternatively, I could maybe meet you at your place with the cable and if you have a laptop you could install the software. Give me a call on my cell phone and we'll figure out what will work best for you. If you're planning on coming out today, make sure to let me know and we'll stick around later in the afternoon.

Eric
cell [removed for privacy]

Last edited:

MrErlo

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf 4dr 5sp
AEN,

Did Julio help you get things sorted out on Sunday? I got the FrostHeater install finished up, and I'd guess I'll get to try it out soon enough since it can't stay this warm for long.

Here's a photo from the GTG on Friday night, thanks very much to TDIFan_87 for taking this great photo of us all. It was good to see everyone, I'm glad the Coop had the opportunity to host. I'll start planning things out for the spring, we'll try to have more tools available and a little more easy layout for doing more serious work.

aen4473

TDI
98 jetta 1z
Mr Erlo

No. I never did here from him. Could have been any thing. I was home for the day except a short run to Menards.

peace_of_soul

TDI
2000 Jetta, 2012 Passat
Sorry I missed the GTG - we're in Lincoln, but my parents from Tennessee were in town for the weekend, and they're not really diesel-heads.
My mother-in-law lives in Omaha and has a NB (gasoline engine) with window problems. Anyone know of a reputable VW mechanic in the Omaha area?
Again, it would have been great to see the community here in Nebraska - I'll have to wait until after the thaw.

vikingrob

Veteran Member
TDI
2021 Tesla Model 3 (delivery estimate May 2021)
Sorry I didn't make it down - perhaps next spring I can make it to Omaha, Lincoln, KC, or Wichita.

Ethomsen

TDI
'06 Jetta 1.9L
Since there's not a huge list of intense work being done, let's plan for

Saturday October 30th
12:00 noon - ???

We'll get a radio set up to listen to the Husker game which starts at 2:30pm. We can stay as long as people are interested, we'll have about 4 hours of OBC work to do and I'll personally plan on staying until the end of the game.

Does that work for you Wolfs?
MrErlo,
I'd love to know when the next GTG is if we get a new one scheduled. Keep me posted. I missed this last one. I'm a young Mech E. and I want to learn all I can about TDIs. I also want to upgrade mine either with a chip or a plug in booster module.