Vancouver/Lower Mainland TDI GTG - July 25th

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
Well it's that time again. June's GTG was a bit of a of a disappointment as far as attendance from what I heard. I was unable to make it due to conflicting work schedule, but that was the first one out of 6 that I missed. Hopefully the next one will have a few more cars show up!

With that said, the date of the next GTG will be on July 25th at 11 am until whenever the last person leaves. The address is Unit 8 30508 Great Northern Ave, which is the 3rd street after you exit Highway #1 at the Mt.Lehman exit. There's penty of parking and everyone is welcome. There will be kids and dogs so feel free to bring the whole family! Just make sure to bring some camping chairs to sit in as seating is pretty much non-existent.

Link to Google Maps

So far, the interest and attendance has been pretty decent and as such, this will be a monthly deal. And the shop that's hosting the GTG (JS Performance) has mentioned to me that they're looking at TDI Club specials on things like maintenance and related items, as long as there's enough people showing up, so let's make sure we get those TDI's out to the GTG!!

Food and Drink Sign-up

1. Ed's TDI - burgers/hotdogs/buns
2. whatnxt
3. glitdi -potato salad
4. icecap - 7-layer dip/chips and Timmies coffee
5. Malone Tuning
6. Meangreen - sausages
7. Sir Jake (maybe)
8. VW Derf (Mr. TDI Club himself!!)
9. lat
10. blizzard60
11. helmut

Parts and Maintenance Supplies To Order

Last edited:

glitdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Tdi asv motor in a mk3 golf, om642 in a wk jeep
I'm in!
Lets get a few more people out this time.
Put me down for some Potato Salad Ed.

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
***** WE NEED MORE PARTICIPATION!!!! *****

C'mon people, this is prtty sad!! I sent PM's to everyone on the Vancouver TDI Owners list (some 50+ members) about this upcoming GTG and there's only 5 people showing up?! If this is the sort of turnout we're getting, there's not much point in putting on a monthly GTG!!

***** WE NEED MORE PARTICIPATION!!!! *****

blizzard60

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
I didn't get a PM from you Ed, so I'm going to sulk and boycott your little GTG!!! :D

J/K of course! I, unfortunately, work Sundays at 12, so there is no way I'm gonna be able to make one of these. It would be good if I could make it tough, 'cuz then I could bug Mark in person on weekends instead of just by email, hey Mark ;) !!!!!!

Have a good one guys and gals!
-Chris

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Hey Chris, sorry if I over-looked you when sending out the PMs. If you get a chance, search for the thread titled "Vancouver TDI Owners Roll Call" and add yourself to the list. That's what I use to send out the PM reminders.

And you're gonna have to C.I.S. For the next GTG in August for sure!! (That's Call In Sick)

meangreen

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
Well as we are back from a 2 week across BC it could be sayed that we will stay in town for a couple of weeks. So you can count me in for sure and i guess i will bring sausages. I am not sure if Cathie is coming but i will bring Jack.

See you next week
Harald

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
Hey Fred can you bring some rear plate frames?
I sure can. Fat or thin bottom ones?
Great stuff Fred! :D
Hey Ed, I was just thinking it might be good to start on some plans for a convoy to TDIFest at the GTG. We need to ensure there is some good Canadian representation down in Portland since it's finally on the West Coast! Your still planning on attending, aren't you?

Just a reminder to everyone the registration cost goes up on August 1st, so best get yourself registered sooner than later.:D

blizzard60

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
Hey Ed, I was just thinking it might be good to start on some plans for a convoy to TDIFest at the GTG. We need to ensure there is some good Canadian representation down in Portland since it's finally on the West Coast! Your still planning on attending, aren't you?
Hey Fred,

I just bumped up the thread I started late last year. I agree, we need to make sure we have a good showing!

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=265910

Cheers,
-Chris

glitdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Tdi asv motor in a mk3 golf, om642 in a wk jeep
The fat ones would be nice Fred..
I need one for the rear.
Is it the fat one or the thin one?
Still debating if I can make the gtg in Portland.
Looking forward to seeing everyone.
I am sure we will have a good turn out this time.

Last edited:

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Fred - I put in a request for the time off from work just after Jorry's GTG in Lake Stevens back in the end of June but it's still pending so I can't commit to going until I hear that I got the time off approved. :mad: If I do get the time off I'll definitely be heading don and would be all over a convoy down!!!

Lat

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 BMW X5 35d, 2006 Jetta TDI
I really haven't made it out to a GTG recently, so I'll definitely try to make it this weekend.

Plus, I have an issue I'd love to get some input from you guys on: my car has a loud whooshing sound / lots of smoke at boost > 5psi, and I think it's a boost leak or something...but I got Tony to take a look at it, and he couldn't see anything from the get go. My turbo actuator was busted, and he replaced that for me, but the problem still exists. Hopefully that can be figured out :)

Cheers,
Myles

meangreen

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
Fred can you also bring some Baseball caps as the one i bought several years ago i lost in Mexico,but i liked it a lot so i would like to buy another one or two. And maybe t shirts too. Thanks

Mark@MaloneTuning

Vendor , w/Business number
Blaine, Washington and Vancouver, British Columbia
TDI
'14 GSW TDI, '11 Golf TDI, '97 Golf Variant Syncro 1.9L TDI, '96 Golf 1.9L ASV TDI, '93 Eurovan Westfalia 1.9L TDI, '09 BMW 335d, '17 BMW 328d
My wife needs my car to go to Harrison Lake, so I might need a ride to get to this meet tomorrow. I'm near 120st and 64th in Surrey. If anyone will pass by let me know if I can hitch a ride. :)

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Good to see a few more people committing to showing up! I might be a little late as I have a minor domestic issue to deal with first thing in the morning, but I should be there around 1 or 1:30 hopefully!

As for food or drinks, just bring whatever you want to and it'll probably get eaten. If not you can take it home. It's always fun to have a variety fo things to nosh on!!