www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2014 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You



Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKIV-A4 TDIs (VE and PD)

VW MKIV-A4 TDIs (VE and PD) This is a general discussion about A4/MkIV Jetta (99.5-~2005), Golf(99.5-2006), and New Beetle(98-2006). Both VE and PD engines are covered here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old September 24th, 2012, 11:26   #526
aja8888
Veteran Member
 
aja8888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Texas..I work in Oil & Gas...
Fuel Economy: About as good as it gets!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4oli View Post
I get under my own skin these days. Well the stealership is selling me a VW/ Bosch for $130 tax in. Good I guess?
It's good. I just bought a Energizer MAX (Walmart) 94R for $92 US funds. My VW supplied Varta lasted 3 years, 10 months before a dead cell took it out. Heat here is rough on batteries.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mike View Post
........"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face." -- philosopher Mike Tyson.
2014 Passat SE TDI DSG, Opera Red Metallic, Cornsilk interior
aja8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2012, 12:34   #527
a4oli
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Rougemont, Qc
TDI(s): 99.5 Golf
Fuel Economy: 4.38/ 100km (PB)
Default

Remember when $94 USD meant $143 CDN, I get the impression we're all getting ripped off with this currency exchange... You got Barak going around saying the dollar is weak, but he can't produce jobs, then Stephen Harper says he can't produce jobs cause the American dollar is weak... One of them is full of shut, probably both. Nonetheless, an energizer 94r is $112 tax in here at Walmart.


Whatever happened to Ross Perot?
a4oli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2012, 12:50   #528
ymz
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Between Toronto & Montreal
Fuel Economy: 5.3 l/100 km (at 115 km/h)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4oli View Post
an energizer 94r is $112 tax in here at Walmart.
Are you sure? I thought I saw it for $118 plus tax... still, much cheaper than when I needed one a couple of years ago... it was something like $155 in Canada... $77 at WalMart in the U.S... guess where I bought mine...
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4oli View Post
Whatever happened to Ross Perot?
Didn't he become Ill? (inside joke for Montreal-area folks...)

Yuri
__________________

Pereat mundus, fiat musica!
ymz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2012, 13:49   #529
BEN721364
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Texas
TDI(s): 2009 sedan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ymz View Post
Are you sure? I thought I saw it for $118 plus tax... still, much cheaper than when I needed one a couple of years ago... it was something like $155 in Canada... $77 at WalMart in the U.S... guess where I bought mine...
Didn't he become Ill? (inside joke for Montreal-area folks...)

Yuri
AutoZone quoted $140+ for battery with a 3 year free replacement warranty and about 25% more CCA for my '09 Jetta TDi
BEN721364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2012, 19:09   #530
TornadoRed
Veteran Member
 
TornadoRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Saint Paul (ex-San Diego)
Fuel Economy: 52/41/36 (510k miles)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4oli View Post
Remember when $94 USD meant $143 CDN, I get the impression we're all getting ripped off with this currency exchange... You got Barak going around saying the dollar is weak, but he can't produce jobs, then Stephen Harper says he can't produce jobs cause the American dollar is weak... One of them is full of shut, probably both.
We will happily exchange our Barack Obama for your Stephen Harper. Is it a deal?
__________________
'03 Golf with 510k miles: Kerma Bosio PP520, GT1749VB, Passenger Performance 2.5" DP, Malone tuning, VR6/G60 clutch/flywheel, Koni Reds, Recaros, Akebono pads/Zimmerman rotors, Cat filter with Nicktane head, DG Panzer w/FMJ, Neuspeed, always Mobil 1 TDT
Foobert's TDI Hunt -- all Craigslist TDI ads nationwide -- TDI Trusted Mechanics by jwlionking
TornadoRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2012, 08:57   #531
That Guy
Veteran Member
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Fuel Economy: City 42 Hyw 59 (Before and after upgrades)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoRed View Post
We will happily exchange our Barack Obama for your Stephen Harper. Is it a deal?
God no!

That's like offering us a Chinese made D cell battery from 1972 for a new Varta 80ah. Good luck getting your economy...err car...started with that.
__________________

Green 2001 Golf 1.9 TDI (A4 - ALH) (New June 2001)5 spd man, 151000 Km (Aug 2012), PP520 nozzles; SBC Stage 2 Endurance Clutch w/SMF; GT1749VB; Malone tune, Multiple upgrades.
Black 2009 GTI 2.0 TSI (New Dec 2009)6 spd dsg, 53000 Km (Apr 2012),stock
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2012, 11:04   #532
BEN721364
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Texas
TDI(s): 2009 sedan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
God no!

That's like offering us a Chinese made D cell battery from 1972 for a new Varta 80ah. Good luck getting your economy...err car...started with that.
What if we were to throw in Joe Biden, Hairy Reed, Nanny Pelosi, Timmy Geithner and Erica Holder???
BEN721364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2012, 12:24   #533
witchcraftz
Veteran Member
 
witchcraftz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Vancouver BC
Fuel Economy: 49 mpg
Default

Here is information I have on the 1J0-915-105 AG battery found in my 2005 TDI Jetta MK4:

Hold-down Type: B13
Voltage: 12
CCA: 640
Ah (Capacity): 80
Pole Positions: 0
Terminal Type: 1
Length (mm): 315 (12.4 inches)
Width (mm): 175 (6.89 inches)
Height (mm): 175 (6.89 inches)

Last edited by witchcraftz; September 25th, 2012 at 12:29.
witchcraftz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2012, 08:41   #534
That Guy
Veteran Member
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Fuel Economy: City 42 Hyw 59 (Before and after upgrades)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEN721364 View Post
What if we were to throw in Joe Biden, Hairy Reed, Nanny Pelosi, Timmy Geithner and Erica Holder???
Naw...got enough of that here already.

Might accept Sarah Palin, but only because she's not bad looking. Although I'm not sure she'd get the price of batteries to come down either.
__________________

Green 2001 Golf 1.9 TDI (A4 - ALH) (New June 2001)5 spd man, 151000 Km (Aug 2012), PP520 nozzles; SBC Stage 2 Endurance Clutch w/SMF; GT1749VB; Malone tune, Multiple upgrades.
Black 2009 GTI 2.0 TSI (New Dec 2009)6 spd dsg, 53000 Km (Apr 2012),stock
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2012, 19:08   #535
a4oli
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Rougemont, Qc
TDI(s): 99.5 Golf
Fuel Economy: 4.38/ 100km (PB)
Default

Same numbers on the battery I just got from the dealer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by witchcraftz View Post
Here is information I have on the 1J0-915-105 AG battery found in my 2005 TDI Jetta MK4:

Hold-down Type: B13
Voltage: 12
CCA: 640
Ah (Capacity): 80
Pole Positions: 0
Terminal Type: 1
Length (mm): 315 (12.4 inches)
Width (mm): 175 (6.89 inches)
Height (mm): 175 (6.89 inches)
a4oli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2012, 14:16   #536
white95v6
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: tullahoma,tn
Default

just priced a battery from autozone,oreilys,advance,walley world and the dealer. the dear was the cheapest of them all if you can belive that.
__________________
race car= 9sec v6 mustang with 76mm turbo
2003 5spd jetta jw tdi gls
2000 5spd jetta tdi

white95v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2012, 14:25   #537
BEN721364
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Texas
TDI(s): 2009 sedan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by white95v6 View Post
just priced a battery from autozone,oreilys,advance,walley world and the dealer. the dear was the cheapest of them all if you can belive that.
I bought a battery from Advanced Auto about 3 weeks or so ago for $140. It wasn't the number recommended by the AA computer but it was the same size (same case and same post orientation as the original with 100+ more CCAs. It was priced at $10 less than the [smaller] battery that was recommended. As I recall it was listed as a direct replacement in recent Chevy pickups. I didn't comparison shop so you might be able to find a better price.

I did learn that AA is not the only retiler recommending a smaller battery for the '09 TDi.
BEN721364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2012, 20:37   #538
shagin'wagen
Veteran Member
 
shagin'wagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sherwood Park, AB
TDI(s): Bora
Fuel Economy: 5L/100KM
Default

Bought another OEM one for my car today.
__________________
'99.5 Bora TDI - Many mods.
'71 Tin Top Westfalia
'85 Mercedes 300SD - Highway Cruiser
'85 Jetta Coupe
shagin'wagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2012, 15:28   #539
ejparkerusa
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: clarkston, mi
TDI(s): 2002 jetta
Default

I got a new battery from the dealership today and I am a bit concerned that it is not the right one. I went to a dealer that just opened. Does anyone know what the part number is supposed to be? The one they gave me is 640 cca and 72 ah. The part number is 000-915-105-DG-DSP
ejparkerusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2012, 15:37   #540
tditom
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: san antonio
Fuel Economy: Golf: 54/48/43.5 B4 Passat: 52/48.5/45 B5.5 Passat: 30 mpg mixed
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejparkerusa View Post
I got a new battery from the dealership today and I am a bit concerned that it is not the right one. I went to a dealer that just opened. Does anyone know what the part number is supposed to be? The one they gave me is 640 cca and 72 ah. The part number is 000-915-105-DG-DSP
Yours is supposed to be the 80Ah version. BCI group 94R.
__________________
-tom
diesel free for now current autos: 04 Volvo V70, 09 Camry Hybrid
Find your VW part numbers here.
Why I can't recommend a tdi > MY 06 st this time
Why I recommend fuel additive.
tditom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 22:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright - TDIClub Online LTD - 2014
Contact Us | Privacy Statement | Forum Rules | Disclaimer
TDIClub Online Ltd (TDIClub.com) is not affiliated with the VWoA or VWAG and is supported by contributions from viewers like you.
© 1996 - 2013, All Rights Reserved
Page generated in 0.15658 seconds with 9 queries
[Output: 132.38 Kb. compressed to 110.94 Kb. by saving 21.44 Kb. (16.20%)]