Check it out! Update 9-10-04

STRANGETDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Audi A3 S-Line Premium Plus Quattro - APR Stage II
I finally hope I figured out to post pics. Here they are!
Hope this works.

6-13-03 MY NEW 1.9T BADGE!!!

new pic from car show this summer 8-17-03

cowboytdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf TDI, Silver, 5 Speed
Check it out!

Love those wheels! Did you notice a mileage hit? I know those OZ are supposed to light, correct?

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
Check it out!

Strange, you have been busy! Lookin' good.

STRANGETDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Check it out!

Thanks guys..The "IV" is a combo of 2 badges. The "I" is from my stock TDI badge and The "V" is from the VR6 badge. The 6 in VR6 can be turned upside down to be a 9. I have a friend who debaged his 1.8T and I may get his "1." & "T" and make 1.9T for the front grill. As for the wheels. The new OZ Supperleggras are pretty light. I think these (OZ Superturismo Corsicas) are pretty heavy compared to many other 17" wheels. I did take a hit on mileage, but I love the handling (with the suspension too) and how it looks, so it really doesn't bother me.
Just so you guys know, I was rear ended two weeks ago, and have a cracked bumper and needs to be replaced (when I get his insurance to pay for it.) It is not shown here because these are from last year.

Thanks for the compliments.

GTIImYours

TDI
GT TDi PD150, 2003, Indigo Blue
Check it out!

strangetdi, man, she is one tasty ride! nice colour, nice "mkiv" badge and even nicer rims!

from my observation, i noticed you used flashlight on the digicam, i think the results would have been a lot better (and preferrably more deatails) if you try reducing the flash level a tad or don't bother using it in strong sunlight. all the best!

tdippy19

TDI
Golf , 2001
Check it out!

StrangeTDi .. what size rims are those.. lug/bolt pattern n all. My 01 Golf TDi steelies are set up weird, the rim sits on a center hub and the bolts/lugs are one piece that comes straight through. Doesn't this affect how i should search for rims.. Or what did you do to find the exact fitment of those rims for your car?

STRANGETDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Check it out!

THANKS FOR THE RESPONSES. I WILL HAVE A NEW PIC UP SOON. I PUT A 1.9T BADGE ON MY FRONT GRILL THIS PAST WEEKEND.

TDI
Golf TDI GL 2000 Dark Green
Check it out! (MY NEW 1.9T BADGE)

hey nice badge, i have a kinda stupid question though. on the VW badge on the hatch , does it come off the same as the golf, 1.9T ect. badges? or is a drill type?

STRANGETDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Check it out! (MY NEW 1.9T BADGE)

if you take the VW emblem off the rear, it will leave a circular indent about the size of the emblem because the emblem is set in about 3/8". if you take it off, make it smooth or else it will look like something is missing.

me109cito

Check it out!

i noticed you used flashlight on the digicam, i think the results would have been a lot better (and preferrably more deatails) if you try reducing the flash level a tad or don't bother using it in strong sunlight. all the best!
I dunno, the hot sidemarkers look pretty ultra with those xtra blue-white photons... if only they truly did light up like that!

STRANGETDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Check it out!

I just came back to this thread and no pics show up either. I think it has something to do with the new picture server. That sucks. I'll see what I can do. For now, anybody who wants to see them just email me. Strange132@aol.com

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI Reflex silver, rough road suspension and steel skid plate, 2004 Passat Variant, Candy White, rough road suspension and geared balanced shaft module, and much, much more. 2016 LR RR HSE TD6, 2019 Jaguar I-PACE
Check it out!

I think you need to send an email to Fred to make sure your old pictures get copied to the new picture server.

STRANGETDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Check it out!

I just got this email from somebody in my town last night:

I was just going around the TDI Club website and stumbled on some pics of
your car. I must say...THE sexiest TDi I've ever seen!! Now..how you live
in EH and I've never bumped into a fellow Dubhead I'll never know...your car
should stand out like a sore thumb in this boring ass town!!!

My previous car was a 2001 VW GOLF gls (4dr) 1.8T..I'm in an Audi A4 1.8T
(apr stg3 ) and I miss my hatch with a passion but don't care much for huge
boost and stupid amounts of HP. So..I end up at TDI club...totally changed
my mind about the TDi...so..time to dump the Audi and pick me up another
hatch...(and it's all your fault!!! j/k)

Keep up the good work...car looks mint!!!

Steve Gagne
(98 Audi A4 1.8Tqm now with Stg3!!)

I think he is going to be converted to a TDI driver soon. It's all my fault.

STRANGETDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Check it out!

I added the Hella Comet sidemarkers. They are supposed to face the opposite way, according to the instructions, but I like them this way better. Here are a few pics:

Car isn't clean enough for pics IMO.

ArnieJ

TDI
04 Indigo Blue PD Golf
Check it out!

Hey Strange,
Looks Great!
I'm sure I won't be the only one asking, but what did you use to put the turbo diesel under the lights.
Also, I'm interested in the upper wing you have, is that factory? If not, what is it and where did you get it?
Thanks from a fellow Indigo Blue Golf owner.

STRANGETDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Check it out!

Arnie,

Thanks.

The "turbo diesel" is a vinyl sticker that TDIclub member "wingnut" had made for members who donated to TDIclub. I will be getting the "TDI Sport Edition" bagdes in the future to replace the stickers, when they are available.

Both wings are from Freedom Design.

Indigo Blue is a great color.