Stealth Hitches

j2112morris

TDI
2014 Audi Q5 Premium Plus TDI (sold)
https://stealthhitches.com
Anyone have any experience with these hitches? I'm looking at adding one to my Q5. The cost is comparable to if I purchased, installed, and then had the dealer reprogram so it functioned properly.
Thank you. Drive safe.

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS 4D 5M, 2015 GSW SE 6M
I have never seen these until your post. Looks a US alternative to Bosal/Westy removable swan necks, but with a square receiver ready to go. The big difference (of course) is that the Bosal/Westy design often slots into the frame, beyond just bolting on. The Stealth Hitch cost is also a factor- the Torklift Ecohitch mounts in the same way, with a traditional design (not removable), but is less than $300 (at least for Mk7 VWs's, I didn't check for Audis).

trae

Veteran Member
TDI
3 prior TDIs - '97 B4 Passat Sedan, '96 Passat B4 Wagon, 2001 NB; Current - 2013 Audi Q7 TDI Pearl White Metallic - 2014 Moto Guzzi California 1400 Touring - 1995 Moto Guzzi 1100 Sport Carb
Have always had good luck with U-Haul Hitches. Not so much for the stealth factor though.

sbbamafan

TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
I got a Stealth hitch on my Q5 about a month ago. It is the greatest thing ever!! I have not towed my boat with it yet (it is still a bit cold) but I have hauled my bike a couple of times. I love that there is absolutely no clanking or banging and how it is so tight.

It is also great that you cannot even tell it is there. It is a great conversation starter with some of my truck driving friends when I say "I just got my trailer hitch" and they look at my Q5 and inevitably say "When are you gonna put it on?" and I tell them it is already there and I show it to them and see this look of amazement when they see how it works.:D

It really is a quality product. It is evident everything from the way they ship it to the way it is packaged to the quality of construction. I know I sound like I must work for them or something but I don't. It is just one of those rare products that has just amazed me.