2012 Jetta TDI

tucker012

TDI
2012 jetta
I have a 2012 Jetta TDI and i have a check engine code that is reading P0111 and P026A and says Intake Air Temperature (IAT) Sensor 1 Circuit Range/Performance, Some people say its the sensor on the intercooler pipe and others say its the MAF sensor.

Does anyone know what it could be, or have a diagam??

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
The G42 IAT is integral with the MAP on the charge air tube down in front of the engine by the radiator.

oilhammer

TDI
Never had to do one, so I am not sure if you can get the sensor out with the pipe in place (probably not), and in order to get the pipe out you have to remove it from the throttle flap and the lower hose from the intercooler, then there are two Torx screws holding it in place, one buried up on the front of the engine behind the compressor and the other down low in by the belt pulley.

Then you have to loosen the lower radiator hose stay from the tube, then you should be able to wiggle the tube down low enough to get at the MAP.

oilhammer

TDI
Nope, that engine is pretty crammed in there with crispy bits all around it.

The other way, which might sound odd and might take a little more time but is probably easier, is to remove the bumper cover and slide the lock carrier assembly into service position. Then there is almost certainly plenty of room to get at the MAP and you won't have to take that tube off at all (which IS a pain).