www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI Power Enhancements

TDI Power Enhancements Discussions about increasing the power of your TDI engine. i.e. chips, injectors, powerboxes, clutches, etc. Handling, suspensions, wheels, type discussion should be put into the "Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)" forum. Non TDI vehicle related postings will be moved or removed. Please note the Performance Disclaimer.

Old March 7th, 2018, 12:18   #1
Angus1

Default Ea288 tune

Well, I did it. I ordered a tune and Q loader from kerma for my tdi. Still waiting for it to ship,(not sure how long that takes) but looking forward to getting it all together.

Last edited by Angus1; March 7th, 2018 at 13:17.
Angus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2018, 15:38   #2
Angus1

I got notice my package shipped yesterday, scheduled delivery is sat.
Angus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2018, 16:16   #3
GreenLantern_TDI
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Mid 40s

Looks like we should have done a group buy here....
Old March 10th, 2018, 12:13   #4
Dieseline
Veteran Member

Does kerma sell off road tunes? I'd like to purchase their Q-loader and the 1+ tune. Then down the road after the extended warranty is over, have the option to go with an OR tune in case of a failed emissions system. I just don't see any other options for their EA288 tunes. It's the only thing holding me back right now from making the purchase. I'm waiting on a response from kerma, but figured somebody here might know. Thanks.
Old March 10th, 2018, 12:21   #5
GreenLantern_TDI
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Mid 40s

I seem to remember someone got a tune similar to what your talking about for a completely "off road" golf. It removed all emissions and def related parts. Not sure if it was kerma tho.
Old March 10th, 2018, 12:28   #6
Dieseline
Veteran Member

Thanks greenlantern, I know Malone does, have used them before. I got an email from kerma the other day, saying that the Q-loader will be able to flash dsg as well soon. So to make 1 purchase of the equipment and be able to keep it and upgrade my tune down the road is a big selling point for me. I believe I have read somewhere that kerma doesn't do OR tunes anymore though. Just can't find that post. How do you like their tune btw? Really wake your TDI up?
Old March 10th, 2018, 13:43   #7
St.Hubbins
Veteran Member

just ordered as well - 10% off special was a bonus surprise!
can't wait to unleash this thing
Old March 12th, 2018, 09:55   #8
740GLE
Veteran Member

I believe the new Qloader can do the DSG, but the old one can't. Not sure what shipped for you.

Also I haven't noticed a need for a TCU tune on our '15 Passat, shifts are lightening fast in day to day driving.

Only thing I do notice that could use improvement is it doesn't keep a gear an use the extra torq at say 2K, when prodded, it always down shifts to +3K and then quickly up shifts, where I'd rather just ride the torque wave.
740GLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2018, 11:15   #9
Owain@malonetuning

The powergate 3+ Won't be out until the end of the month, hopefully it's a smooth launch. We've had DSG tuning for the 2015s using another tool for well over a year now, but can limit lower RPM torque a little and get away without running one. Definitely worth it for doing lower RPM pulls though.

Dealers - malonetuning.com/dealers
We made a free VCDS Log Viewer!

Owain@malonetuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2018, 11:57   #10
Dieseline
Veteran Member

Owain, the powergate 3? Is that a loader like kermas? Is Malone going to offer the same type of setup, tune ecm and dsg with the same tool? I'd much rather have the option to get an OR tune down the road , from the same tuner using the same equipment. I loved my 09 with both tunes! Thanks
Old March 12th, 2018, 12:30   #11
KERMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owain@malonetuning View Post
The powergate 3+ Won't be out until the end of the month,
I don't know what you mean, we've been shipping them for some time now. It's what our customers have been getting lately as we go through a LOT of these programmer units.

The DSG functionality will be done thru virtual reading just like the ECU is now.
No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical. - Neils Bohr
KERMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2018, 12:31   #12
Owain@malonetuning

Kerma and Malone use the same tools from alientech https://www.alientech-tools.com/en/home/ The powergate 3+ isn't officially available until the end of the month.

We also use tools from several other companies since we deal with a lot of custom builds and oddball gasser projects. Also bought a few tools to use as rentals for 2015 DSGs to tie us over while AT worked on DQ250 DSG tuning for the MQB platform.

Last edited by Owain@malonetuning; March 12th, 2018 at 12:39.
Old March 12th, 2018, 12:57   #13
KERMA

what you mean is: not officially available from malone till the end of the month. We got our order in week before last I think and been shipping only the 3+ since then.

The old version was discontinued and hasn't shipped for maybe the last month and a half. The new version is the only one that's available now. We ran out of the old ones and there were shipping delays because of it.

It's actually a lot less buggy than the older ones so we are finding it is an improvement. Just some initial setup required, then seamless.

it is a really sweet little unit, improved touchscreen responsiveness and larger screen.

Maybe one of the guys who got it already will post a picture.
No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical. - Neils Bohr
KERMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2018, 13:12   #14
Owain@malonetuning

Massimo told us end of the month for the "official" release. Glad to hear, the V3 could be a pain at times.

Old March 14th, 2018, 10:12   #15
740GLE
Veteran Member

You guys are too cute!!!! I love your passion for the platform, wish you both the best
740GLE is offline   Reply With Quote