www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Old February 22nd, 2018, 06:04   #1
4g63turbo

TDI(s): 13 TDI 6MT
Default Vw Fix (Seeking Help)

Hey guys have a little situation, dropped off my 2013 jetta tdi for the fix yesterday. I get a phone call hour later they cant do anything as the vehicle has check engine light on. I am very particular about my vehicle and the vehicle DID NOT have check egine light on at all. They are telling me it came on 500 km's ago and apparently there is a problem with DPF Filter.....
I asked for the proof(which i am in the middle of getting ) They are seeking for help from VW Canada....I am shocked that they keep insisting that the CHECK ENGINE LIGHT HAS BEEN ON....
For instance this vehicle has never had check engine light on, since i have owned it, no soot in the exhaust pipe etc.....
can anybody advise what to do in this situation? has anybody else experiences this?
Thanks guys for your help

Last edited by 4g63turbo; February 22nd, 2018 at 06:42.
4g63turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2018, 07:11   #2
psd1
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: See Fuelly link

I took a 2014 Q5 in for repair on January 26th, it threw a CEL and Audi had to clear it before they could start the repair. They handed me the keys to a 2018 Q7 and told me they would call me when it's fixed as they legally couldn't release it to me. I pick up the fixed Q5 tomorrow.

Not sure if the emissions laws are the same in Canada.

psd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2018, 18:11   #3
4g63turbo

Thanks it got resolved. all of sudden I was "told" there is no check engine light and fix went through...
Old February 22nd, 2018, 19:12   #4
MichaelB
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: very good

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4g63turbo View Post
Thanks it got resolved. all of sudden I was "told" there is no check engine light and fix went through...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4g63turbo View Post
Hey guys have a little situation,
A little patience goes a long way as opposed to jumping to conclusions and broadcasting how you were mistreated and what these forum members suggest you should do..

Last edited by MichaelB; February 22nd, 2018 at 20:06.
MichaelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2018, 07:14   #5
4g63turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelB View Post
A little patience goes a long way as opposed to jumping to conclusions and broadcasting how you were mistreated and what these forum members suggest you should do..
I do have quiet bit of patience but the way I was talked to by the Service Advisor took me to the next level. Thank you for your feedback though.
Old March 2nd, 2018, 16:49   #6
english

My 2010 WAS showing a light. DPF was done for and they discovered the intake manifold was bad.
That was DPF number two for me, the first having been replaced at 70,000.
VW replaced both at no charge when I had the fix done at 135,000 a few weeks ago. It would have cost me well over $3,000.
If you believe the DPF may have been getting ready for replacement, you might wish to inquire to see if they will change it out.
english is offline   Reply With Quote