www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Old February 20th, 2018, 10:35   #1
Motodude
Veteran Member

Default Now asking for additional docs

So I have been waiting on buyback for 09 jetta for about 5 months. Clean title w all doc submitted including title and registration. Now they are asking for bill of sale, which I dont have and cant get. I cant even make one up because I dont have the guys info that I bought it from. The title shows the date of purchase so weird they are asking for bill of sale. they said they need it to prove when it was purchased because previous owner may be entitled to part of buyback. Waiting to hear back as I called and said I cant get a bill of sale.
Motodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2018, 13:27   #2
Rico567
Veteran Member

And what if VW comes back and says that since you can't provide a bill of sale, they're only going to give you part of the buyback? Depending on what they say, this may be another case that needs the involvement of the plaintiff's attorney.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
- Adam Savage
Rico567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2018, 17:11   #3
TDIforDays
Veteran Member

I had to submit and re-submit bill of sale on several cars. Just make one up. Doesnt matter who is listed as seller. They can't check who you got it from anyway.
TDIforDays is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2018, 17:13   #4
Motodude
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDIforDays View Post
I had to submit and re-submit bill of sale on several cars. Just make one up. Doesnt matter who is listed as seller. They can't check who you got it from anyway.
Sounds good
Old February 20th, 2018, 17:18   #5
Motodude
Veteran Member

Should I make the bill of sale from an old date or match it to pretty close to the title date of origination
Old February 20th, 2018, 17:20   #6
TDIforDays
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motodude View Post
Should I make the bill of sale from an old date or match it to pretty close to the title date of origination
When you made your claim, you entered "date of purchase" I think you can look it up in your profile somewhere.
Old February 20th, 2018, 17:58   #7
Motodude
Veteran Member

The class counsel lawyer I talked to today said they have me marked as a person only profiting by the number of claims I have made and that my claims will be held up without a known date as to a resolution.
Old February 20th, 2018, 18:23   #8
Rico567
Veteran Member

^^^^^^^

I'm having a very difficult time parsing that sentence.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
- Adam Savage
Rico567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2018, 18:27   #9
Motodude
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico567 View Post
^^^^^^^

I'm having a very difficult time parsing that sentence.

I called class lawyers today about why my claims are held up so long, they told me vw views me as a profiteer and they are going to put my claims on hold till they figure out what to do about profiteers. Funny thing is I know plenty of people that have done way more buybacks then I have even made claims, and they are still putting in claims.

Last edited by Motodude; February 20th, 2018 at 18:46.
Old February 20th, 2018, 18:39   #10
CleanDieselTD$

TDI(s): Golf

If that is what is actually going on, and they are selectively abiding by their own settlement, I think another class action lawsuit against VW is very likely.
CleanDieselTD$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2018, 19:08   #11
TDIforDays
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motodude View Post
I called class lawyers today about why my claims are held up so long, they told me vw views me as a profiteer and they are going to put my claims on hold till they figure out what to do about profiteers. Funny thing is I know plenty of people that have done way more buybacks then I have even made claims, and they are still putting in claims.
Did you give them your claim numbers and name? Did it take them to tell you that you are classified as such?
Old February 20th, 2018, 19:32   #12
Motodude
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDIforDays View Post
Did you give them your claim numbers and name? Did it take them to tell you that you are classified as such?
Yes I gave her both. She said I have 15 claims, which only a few have resulted in buybacks. She called me some name I cant remember right now but she said basically I am only buying to profit and I am not in the spirit of the settlement or someone that really was damaged by this.
Old February 21st, 2018, 04:25   #13
740GLE
Veteran Member

Cause the typical owner had 15 tdis that were scooped up after the scandal hit.

Right up there with that guy that stripped the entire car out and wanted the same cash.

Best of luck, you'll probably get your money but VW will make you wait.
740GLE is online now   Reply With Quote