www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Old February 17th, 2018, 12:39   #1
branforddiesel

Default Buying a used TDI in Canada for use in the states

I have family in Ottawa and found a couple older TDI's for sale. Is it difficult buying a car in Canada for use in the states? regulations? Can I bring in a non compliant dieselgate TDI? thanks jeff
branforddiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2018, 13:54   #2
Lightflyer1
Veteran Member

From my reading here it is a very big pain unless you find an importer to pay and do the work. There are stories here. Look those up and read through. Good luck! I believe it has been done though.
Old February 18th, 2018, 08:56   #3
Abacus
That helpful B4 guy

Fuel Economy: And the miles just keep ticking away

The DOT and EPA have regulations and paperwork you will need, and I am unsure as to the Dieselgate issue. I imported Windex's B4V a few years ago and it wasn't a bad process at all, just took a few weeks for the paperwork. There are some TDI's in Canada that can't be imported because they don't meet the requirements, but I remember finding a list somewhere online and it was a very small list.
Abacus is offline   Reply With Quote