www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Old February 14th, 2018, 08:38   #16
mirtdi

TDI(s): 10 Jetta
Default help

Do us all a favor and ignore the letter, they knowingly caused this issue to begin with, still are not doing all to complete turn ins, and now are incompetent that they lost the title and want your help, not your problem any longer.
mirtdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2018, 10:37   #17
IndigoBlueWagon
TDIClub Enthusiast
Principal IDParts
Vendor
w/Business number

Fuel Economy: 50/45/37

Folks should lighten up a bit. VW bought back nearly 300,000 TDIs. Misplacing a title or two isn't the least bit surprising. The other day we were talking about how (or if) they've been keeping track of keys. Even with the best systems at dealers they get lost.
Old February 16th, 2018, 20:57   #18
surfstar
Veteran Member

I'd resend the buyback letter offer to them and ask if they'd still like to buyback your car.
surfstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2018, 10:19   #19
740GLE
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfstar View Post
I'd resend the buyback letter offer to them and ask if they'd still like to buyback your car.

people have been doing that with buyback '15 in hopes of getting that remainder 1/3 payment. VW still hasn't sifted through the paper work to deny the calim.
740GLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2018, 08:41   #20
ScooterBug

I just received a similar letter from VW, however my letter states that they did not receive the odometer and title records from our closing appointment on 12/20/2016. No check box question was present in my package on if I did in fact turn these records over (which I did). What I find irritating is VW's presumption that the lost records are my responsibility and that I am obligated to provide them powers of attorney, sign off on a odometer figure and confess to a lost title.

I plan on responding to VW that such records were provided to their agent and replacement of those records are their responsibility. In addition I will be sending a copy of the VW correspondence to my Motor Vehicle Department and VW can take it up with them.
ScooterBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2018, 16:48   #21
surfstar
Veteran Member

^if they can't find the title, then they don't own the car!

Report it stolen - that would be funny to some of us (with a sense of humor)
surfstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2018, 17:31   #22
Rico567
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfstar View Post
^if they can't find the title, then they don't own the car!

Report it stolen - that would be funny to some of us (with a sense of humor)
It would be interesting to see how far someone's sense of humor would go when charged with filing a false police report.
Then there's the more general question of who's in more of a position to cause trouble for who. I can see some schmo about halfway up the VW admin ladder in all this taking exception to all of it, and making the whole thing their hobby for a month or two.
Personally, after reviewing this thread, I don't see any problem with just letting it drop. There is no need to do anything, therefore do nothing.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
- Adam Savage
Rico567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2018, 21:58   #23
bizzle
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterBug View Post
I just received a similar letter from VW, however my letter states that they did not receive the odometer and title records from our closing appointment on 12/20/2016. No check box question was present in my package on if I did in fact turn these records over (which I did). What I find irritating is VW's presumption that the lost records are my responsibility and that I am obligated to provide them powers of attorney, sign off on a odometer figure and confess to a lost title.

I plan on responding to VW that such records were provided to their agent and replacement of those records are their responsibility. In addition I will be sending a copy of the VW correspondence to my Motor Vehicle Department and VW can take it up with them.
Why make it difficult on them? It doesn't matter how the title was lost, they need documents from you to prove they are the legal owners of the vehicle in their possession.

Power of attorney grants them the legal authority over the vehicle you sold to them

signing off on the odometer is simply a statement of fact

"confessing" to a lost title doesn't mean anything since this isn't a criminal proceeding and there isn't any harm to your written acknowledgement that the title is now lost so the current owner can obtain a re-issued title

In California, the request form simply states: "lost" (among other reasons) and doesn't assign "blame" to one party or the other. It could be lost by the previous owner or it could blow out the window while the buyer is driving home. The state doesn't care as it's all the same thing--a lost title. Seems to be roughly the same paperwork in MO.

If the previous owner refuses to declare to the DMV that they are/were the previous owner and relinquish ownership claim to the current owner, then the current owner has to go through a relatively stringent process in order to obtain title (court order or surety bond, for examples). You have nothing to lose by helping them demonstrate to the DMV that they own the vehicle and nothing to gain by refusing to help--other than some sense of victory derived from making their process more difficult than necessary. I understand there's value in that for some people, but come on if that's really your position both parties just want to move on so why drag it out?
bizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2018, 07:33   #24
TDIforDays
Veteran Member

Got the same thing this week. They don’t have my title, POA or ODO. However, they did not include the Title form so I just wrote on their letter that I gave it during appointment. They also included 2 envelopes, one regular and one FedEx.

What’s the big deal guys? Sign it and send it back. You already got paid, why be ******* about it?
TDIforDays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2018, 20:46   #25
builtospill

Default 1 Year after buyback VWoA claims they didn't get my title

It's not a big deal, I just thought it was odd I received that notice in first place. Just wanted to see what others opinions were since this is a discussion forum for diesel buybacks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by builtospill; April 30th, 2018 at 20:49.
builtospill is offline   Reply With Quote