www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Old February 9th, 2018, 16:01   #31
Michael A
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenacious84 View Post
Just got the offer letter in the mail today dated 1/15/2018. I then check the portal and it is still stuck on step 15. ***, it doesn't take 20 days to mail something and there is no reasonable explanation this couldn't be done on the portal. Just stupid.
Just got my repair offer today dated January 19th 2018.

Just wondering once I bring my car in will I be receiving the amount stated in the letter "ESTIMATED Amount VW Will Pay You" or is it broken into TWO payments, partial payment now and the remainder at some point in the future?
Michael A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2018, 16:59   #32
06mkvtdi

Received mine today dated January 19th as well. If your car has a previous owner as mine did, it should state below the estimated amount that the payment is based upon a valid claim by the vehicle's previous owner etc. Once the fix was approved, participation payments ended. Payments are now only made after the vehicle is fixed.
06mkvtdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2018, 17:04   #33
Michael A
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06mkvtdi View Post
Received mine today dated January 19th as well. If your car has a previous owner as mine did, it should state below the estimated amount that the payment is based upon a valid claim by the vehicle's previous owner etc. Once the fix was approved, participation payments ended. Payments are now only made after the vehicle is fixed.
That is exactly what my offer is.

However I thought originally the vehicle would be brought in for a stage 1 or step 1 inspection and then repaired some months later. I suppose this was the scenario before there was a repair.
Michael A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2018, 12:54   #34
Motodude
Veteran Member

You guys are getting these offers thru standard mail?
Motodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2018, 19:14   #35
06mkvtdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motodude View Post
You guys are getting these offers thru standard mail?
UPS 2nd day air. Came with prepaid return envelope.
06mkvtdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2018, 20:18   #36
Motodude
Veteran Member

2 buddies got there offer letters for their a7's from ups friday. They have had their cars about 3 months. Here I am w an a7 same situation and next week it will be 7 months and nothing for me. How are they processing these things? Doesnt make sense they have an answer after 3 months and I am month 7 and nothing still.
Old February 18th, 2018, 21:57   #37
Motodude
Veteran Member

2 buddies got there offer letters for their a7's from ups friday. They have had their cars about 3 months. Here I am w an a7 same situation and next week it will be 7 months and nothing for me. How are they processing these things? Doesnt make sense they have an answer after 3 months and I am month 7 and nothing still.
Old February 19th, 2018, 07:00   #38
Fourplay

TDI Parts Ninja Vendor
w/Business number

TDI(s): 2014 A8L

Got 4 of my 9 outstanding previous claim letters via UPS 2nd Day Air on Friday, 2 more scheduled to arrive today (can see it through UPS myChoice).

Seems dumb to have a digital portal and then manually send offer letters, but whatever.
Fourplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2018, 14:30   #39
Motodude
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourplay View Post
Got 4 of my 9 outstanding previous claim letters via UPS 2nd Day Air on Friday, 2 more scheduled to arrive today (can see it through UPS myChoice).

Seems dumb to have a digital portal and then manually send offer letters, but whatever.
How are you doing on them? Previous claims turn out to be legit or you get surprised and get full amount back on some or what?
Old February 19th, 2018, 18:12   #40
Fourplay

TDI Parts Ninja Vendor
w/Business number

Quote:
How are you doing on them? Previous claims turn out to be legit or you get surprised and get full amount back on some or what?
So far all were legit previous claims. Bit of a bummer.

An additional data point: all letters have been dated around Jan 24-26. So 3+ week lag time.
Old February 20th, 2018, 10:46   #41
Motodude
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourplay View Post
So far all were legit previous claims. Bit of a bummer.

An additional data point: all letters have been dated around Jan 24-26. So 3+ week lag time.
Today got request for proof of acquisition which is bill of sale to proceed. Did you get any w that request?
Old February 20th, 2018, 14:48   #42
Mxrado

So I finally got my offer in the mail. I am getting half of he restitution, when I called them to tell them that there was no previous claim, they are telling me that because I bought in July of 2017 I am only eligible to half of the restitution, even if there was no previous claim. Does anybody know if this is accurate???
Mxrado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2018, 15:53   #43
Fourplay

TDI Parts Ninja Vendor
w/Business number

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxrado View Post
So I finally got my offer in the mail. I am getting half of he restitution, when I called them to tell them that there was no previous claim, they are telling me that because I bought in July of 2017 I am only eligible to half of the restitution, even if there was no previous claim. Does anybody know if this is accurate???
That's not correct. If you are getting a half offer letter, there was a previous claim. I'd escalate to PSC attorneys, but likely not much they can do.

Quote:
Today got request for proof of acquisition which is bill of sale to proceed. Did you get any w that request?
Every single vehicle had that request. They wouldn't accepted assigned titles (since I'm a dealership, I don't have an actual title, just the re-assigned title from the previous owner) so I had to get bills of sale for 20+ cars. Most of which were bought at auction, which give you a digital bill of sale (says "e-signature on file"). This wasn't enough for VW, so had to get signatures on all bills of sale.

This process was a big PITA and poorly thought through, but oh well.

Last edited by Fourplay; February 20th, 2018 at 15:55.
Old February 20th, 2018, 15:53   #44
Motodude
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxrado View Post
I just got off the phone w class counsel and they are saying they are in negotiation w VW about the spirit of the settlement and not paying people at all that they deem just trying to profit off of settlement. They told me people may not even be able to get the fix done and get the money from that. they are currently in negotiation and there is no set date to continue negoatiation. It could go until the end of the settlement.
Old February 20th, 2018, 15:57   #45
Fourplay

TDI Parts Ninja Vendor
w/Business number

Quote:
I just got off the phone w class counsel and they are saying they are in negotiation w VW about the spirit of the settlement and not paying people at all that they deem just trying to profit off of settlement. They told me people may not even be able to get the fix done and get the money from that. they are currently in negotiation and there is no set date to continue negoatiation. It could go until the end of the settlement.
News to me. I've turned in 20+ 2.0L and Gen I 3.0L cars and had the fix performed on all but 6 of my 20+ Gen II 3.0Ls.

Have gotten paid on basically every one (waiting on some fix money for a handful fixes performed in past 10 days, but that is typical). If I wasn't deemed as "profiting", I don't see how anyone could be.