www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Old February 4th, 2018, 10:33   #16
Motodude
Veteran Member

The hotline did tell me they have 1 group of 3 people working on all these claims 1 at a time. Seems silly they only have 1 group of 3 people to handle that many claims. I guess each claim is a lengthy process.
Motodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2018, 07:35   #17
Mxrado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourplay View Post
All are from July/Aug, so a similar amount of time. Interestingly enough, the latest claims status report by Ankura indicates that there are only 125 of these claims (as of mid-December 2017). So I have 8% of all of these claims (and there aren't even very many of them), yet nothing is being done to progress toward a resolution on VW's side.

I'm in constant contact with the PSC attorneys, but they are largely worthless. Instead of being aggressive with VW's attorneys, they just tell me that nothing can be done until VW and VW's attorneys decide to do it. Ridiculous.

They've told me that I can bring the cars in and have them fixed sans offer letter, but when I do, the local Audi and Porsche dealers say they can't get the computer systems to recognize my claim, so it's just a huge time suck. This process is so poorly designed (as usual) and VW is in coming up with a solution (also as usual). Pretty dumb that we are being punished for VWs lack of planning and slow action - they agreed to certain settlement dates and just aren't hitting them because there are no penalties for failure to comply (or rather, no one is enforcing the penalties initially laid out).
I am in the same situation. I bought a Q7 showing full restitution in August 2017. I filed the claim and Iíve been stuck in step 15 without offer letter. Since November theyíve have escalated, gone for review again, expedited, review again. Then they told me what theyíve told you guys. Take it in for the fix then youíll get an offer letter. Well I take it in for a fix and they said they canít do it as VW wonít let them in their system. Then back to ďescalating itĒ and the supervisor says they never were supposed to tell us to take it in without an offer letter. But Iím not the only one thatís been told this, so obviously something is wrong in their methods.

Now they told me they approved my offer letter back in Jan 19 and usually take 10 days to be emailed out, as it has to be reviewed yet again. Itís a cumbersome process and pain in the ass. Aud is definitely disappointed me. I will probably get rid of it after I get paid. Extremely frustrating...
Mxrado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2018, 08:52   #18
MBQ
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 43.5MPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motodude View Post
I took me car in for fix without knowing claim wasnt valid(car is in my wifes name) and they would not perform the fix without claim being done. They kept it for 5 days and had many calls w audi until they came to that conclusion. I would not have them have done the fix and then have to wait for money. That is ridiculous
So this morning I went to the claim website and it asks me for the repair order for the fixed cars without an offer letter when being brought in for repair. I uploaded the invoice from my dealer and hopefully an offer will arrive soon. The fix was done on Jan. 24th.

I think the advantage of fixing it without an offer in hand is to push VW to give us an offer and it could expedite the process, especially if you want/need to unload the car earlier. I am not sure whether your compensation money will get lost. Highly unlikely, though.

Last edited by MBQ; February 5th, 2018 at 09:01.
MBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2018, 10:06   #19
marmur99

I would be careful with getting the fix without the offer letter. Here's what my offer letter says on the first page:
Quote:
Please note: if you obtain an Emission Compliant Repair before accepting your offer, you will no longer have an Eligible Vehicle under the Class Action Settlement. Nonetheless, you may still be eligible to receive a payment associated with the Emission Compliant Repair...
marmur99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2018, 10:56   #20
MichaelB
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: very good

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmur99 View Post
I would be careful with getting the fix without the offer letter. Here's what my offer letter says on the first page:
I had the fix done before I had the offer letter. All went well. I had to submit the work order to prove the fix was applied. Then the documents were reviewed and I was sent the offer letter which was $200.00 and some change less then what I was told in 2016. Big deal. Payment was made within 3 business days.
MichaelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2018, 19:51   #21
tenacious84

TDI(s): JSW

Just got the offer letter in the mail today dated 1/15/2018. I then check the portal and it is still stuck on step 15. ***, it doesn't take 20 days to mail something and there is no reasonable explanation this couldn't be done on the portal. Just stupid.
tenacious84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2018, 21:39   #22
Motodude
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenacious84 View Post
Just got the offer letter in the mail today dated 1/15/2018. I then check the portal and it is still stuck on step 15. ***, it doesn't take 20 days to mail something and there is no reasonable explanation this couldn't be done on the portal. Just stupid.
How long have you been waiting on step 15?
Old February 6th, 2018, 22:09   #23
MBQ
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenacious84 View Post
Well I received the offer letter in the mail too.

Norarized it and sent it back in the pre-paid express UPS envelope. I was also required to upload the repair order on the claim portal. No response yet so far.

Don't know why they have this duplicate thing going.
Old February 6th, 2018, 22:14   #24
Motodude
Veteran Member

I called about a month ago and was told someone had a made a claim and was paid half the money. I called today and the lady said no, no one has been paid and no previous claim has been valid yet. I said are you sure, i was told the first payment was already paid to the previous owner but she said no, no one has been paid on this claim at all.
Old February 8th, 2018, 14:44   #25
Fourplay

TDI Parts Ninja Vendor
w/Business number

TDI(s): 2014 A8L

Per PSC attorneys, all partial claims should be cleared and offer letters issued by 2/22. We'll see.
Fourplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2018, 18:08   #26
Motodude
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourplay View Post
Per PSC attorneys, all partial claims should be cleared and offer letters issued by 2/22. We'll see.
Does this include previous claims that arent partial claims? I have one buyback that has previous claims but they are fake.
Old February 8th, 2018, 19:25   #27
843tdi
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBQ View Post
Well I received the offer letter in the mail too.
Norarized it and sent it back in the pre-paid express UPS envelope. I was also required to upload the repair order on the claim portal. No response yet so far.
Don't know why they have this duplicate thing going.
Sorry I have not followed closely but in the same spot on one car as many of you. Did you get the fix first and then they mailed an offer letter? I was just curious as I would consider going this route as well especially if I could possibly trade the car in now. Its still under the full Factory warranty and that expires in a few months I would like to trade it before then as I feel I will get a higher trade in offer if it is still under the full bumper to bumper warranty.
843tdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2018, 21:00   #28
Motodude
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 843tdi View Post
Sorry I have not followed closely but in the same spot on one car as many of you. Did you get the fix first and then they mailed an offer letter? I was just curious as I would consider going this route as well especially if I could possibly trade the car in now. Its still under the full Factory warranty and that expires in a few months I would like to trade it before then as I feel I will get a higher trade in offer if it is still under the full bumper to bumper warranty.
I tried to do the fix and they would not let me but some on here have reported they were able to do it.
Old February 8th, 2018, 22:30   #29
MBQ
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 843tdi View Post
Yes I got the fix done first and then the offer package arrived in the mail.
Old February 9th, 2018, 07:01   #30
Fourplay

TDI Parts Ninja Vendor
w/Business number

TDI(s): 2014 A8L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motodude View Post
Does this include previous claims that arent partial claims? I have one buyback that has previous claims but they are fake.
In theory, yes. Any claim that failed initial audit (due to legitimate or fraudulent additional claims) should be cleared within the next 2 weeks. But it's VW, so take this with a grain of salt.
Fourplay is offline   Reply With Quote