www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Old February 1st, 2018, 15:17   #1
Motodude
Veteran Member

Default How long are people waiting on previous claims

I have a buyback car and a fix car that have been sitting for a long time waiting on previous claims and no movement at all. The claim for the fix car is over 6 months old and the buyback car is 4 months. How can they not figure out they are fake claims in that amount of time.
Motodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2018, 15:32   #2
johtdi

TDI(s): Jetta
Default Claim Delays

Many of us have this delay, clear, rebuit, salvage, only thing to do is put it on record for now.

Here are all of the emails addresses, if you haven't already please write a quick note advise you are delayed or no response, anything is better than nothing. If anyone else has other email address of others to include on this please let me know i will update this post.

If you haven't received a response from all on this list, email them again, they have to know we will not go away if they keep ignoring us.

Vw willfully accepted all brands of titles with accident history early last year, many made purchases because of this, the smoke show, delay game has gone on long enough. Lets all do our part in any way we possibly can.

EPA Emails:
OTAQ@epa.gov

Iddings.Brianna@epa.gov

FTC Email: jcohen2@ftc.gov

COURT APPOINTED CLAIMS SUPERVISOR
john.hays@ankura.com
THE CRC
crc@vwcourtsettlement.com

LEAD ATTORNEY Class Counsel
pgnguyen@lchb.com
ecabraser@lchb.com

Claims Supervisor Reports:

http://www.cand.uscourts.gov/crb/vwmdl/claims-reports

Updates:
http://www.cand.uscourts.gov/crb/vwmdl
johtdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2018, 15:34   #3
Motodude
Veteran Member

Mine are clear title. I get the whole salvage title situation but clear titles are a different situation.
Old February 1st, 2018, 17:00   #4
marmur99

My case had been sitting on step 15 since August until a few days ago when I got an offer letter in mail. Their portal still shows step 15 though, so I am guessing cases with previous owners or fake claims go through some other, more manual process.
marmur99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2018, 18:14   #5
TDIforDays
Veteran Member

just do a new claim
TDIforDays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2018, 18:34   #6
jibberjive
Veteran Member

TDI(s): MK7 GSW

Has anyone who has a car that you know (and can prove) has had no "previous owners" eligible for a claim, but the offer from VW/Audi was for the lower amount as if it had a "previous owner," successfully had their claim amount appealed and corrected, with a new offer provided?
jibberjive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2018, 19:36   #7
TDIforDays
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibberjive View Post
Has anyone who has a car that you know (and can prove) has had no "previous owners" eligible for a claim, but the offer from VW/Audi was for the lower amount as if it had a "previous owner," successfully had their claim amount appealed and corrected, with a new offer provided?
Not yet. I asked about few months ago and I was told that they are still working on it
TDIforDays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2018, 23:11   #8
jibberjive
Veteran Member

TDI(s): MK7 GSW

Motodude, are they holding off on giving you an offer while they investigate the false claims, or did they initially give you an offer of the wrong amount, and you objected?
jibberjive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2018, 09:11   #9
Motodude
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibberjive View Post
Motodude, are they holding off on giving you an offer while they investigate the false claims, or did they initially give you an offer of the wrong amount, and you objected?
On the buyback they have not given me an offer letter. The fix the previous owner took the first half payment and was paid and I tried to schedule the fix and they said I couldnt because of other claims. We filed the claim in august on that one. the fix one makes no sense because other claims wouldnt matter for the fix, we have the car and title so obviously no one else could claim that. Both are in qualification stage.

Last edited by Motodude; February 2nd, 2018 at 09:15.
Old February 2nd, 2018, 12:10   #10
Fourplay

TDI Parts Ninja Vendor
w/Business number

TDI(s): 2014 A8L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motodude View Post
On the buyback they have not given me an offer letter. The fix the previous owner took the first half payment and was paid and I tried to schedule the fix and they said I couldnt because of other claims. We filed the claim in august on that one. the fix one makes no sense because other claims wouldnt matter for the fix, we have the car and title so obviously no one else could claim that. Both are in qualification stage.
I have 10 claims like this. They just sit and sit with no action on VWs part. I'm in daily contact with the PSC attorney team trying to get a resolution, no luck to this point.

The problem is that the PSC attorneys won't be forceful with VW at all. VW agreed to a binding legal settlement and is failing to meet required deadlines. Instead of pushing for punitive damages or escalating to the judge, the PSC is content (possibly because they already got paid) to email and conference call with VW attorneys, accomplishing nothing.

We (not VW) are being punished for VWs lack of planning and inability to deal with a problem of their own creation. Pretty frustrating. There is no real solution at this time, other than maybe hiring your own attorney to file a complaint or something. FTC complaints fall on deaf ears, complaints to the claims review team at Ankura are not responded to, and the PSC is ineffective.
Fourplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2018, 20:49   #11
Motodude
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourplay View Post
I have 10 claims like this. They just sit and sit with no action on VWs part. I'm in daily contact with the PSC attorney team trying to get a resolution, no luck to this point.

The problem is that the PSC attorneys won't be forceful with VW at all. VW agreed to a binding legal settlement and is failing to meet required deadlines. Instead of pushing for punitive damages or escalating to the judge, the PSC is content (possibly because they already got paid) to email and conference call with VW attorneys, accomplishing nothing.

We (not VW) are being punished for VWs lack of planning and inability to deal with a problem of their own creation. Pretty frustrating. There is no real solution at this time, other than maybe hiring your own attorney to file a complaint or something. FTC complaints fall on deaf ears, complaints to the claims review team at Ankura are not responded to, and the PSC is ineffective.
What is your longest wait on one of those 10? My one car is over 6 months which seems ridiculous.
Old February 3rd, 2018, 07:25   #12
MBQ
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 43.5MPG

I was told you can go ahead have the fix done if that's your plan and VW will send you an offer letter in the mail and pay you the money later.

The dealer got the go-ahead from VW to do the fix after I sent in the car. The fix was done but no fix money showed up yet, of course. Am I being foolish?
MBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2018, 11:37   #13
tenacious84

TDI(s): JSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourplay View Post
agree with everything you said. 6 months waiting on mine, total b.s. My gen 1 2.0 claim at the beginning of all this went faster and that was during the initial rush of a significantly higher population
tenacious84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2018, 12:13   #14
Motodude
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBQ View Post
I was told you can go ahead have the fix done if that's your plan and VW will send you an offer letter in the mail and pay you the money later.

The dealer got the go-ahead from VW to do the fix after I sent in the car. The fix was done but no fix money showed up yet, of course. Am I being foolish?

I took me car in for fix without knowing claim wasnt valid(car is in my wifes name) and they would not perform the fix without claim being done. They kept it for 5 days and had many calls w audi until they came to that conclusion. I would not have them have done the fix and then have to wait for money. That is ridiculous
Old February 3rd, 2018, 16:10   #15
Fourplay

TDI Parts Ninja Vendor
w/Business number

TDI(s): 2014 A8L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motodude View Post
What is your longest wait on one of those 10? My one car is over 6 months which seems ridiculous.
All are from July/Aug, so a similar amount of time. Interestingly enough, the latest claims status report by Ankura indicates that there are only 125 of these claims (as of mid-December 2017). So I have 8% of all of these claims (and there aren't even very many of them), yet nothing is being done to progress toward a resolution on VW's side.

I'm in constant contact with the PSC attorneys, but they are largely worthless. Instead of being aggressive with VW's attorneys, they just tell me that nothing can be done until VW and VW's attorneys decide to do it. Ridiculous.

They've told me that I can bring the cars in and have them fixed sans offer letter, but when I do, the local Audi and Porsche dealers say they can't get the computer systems to recognize my claim, so it's just a huge time suck. This process is so poorly designed (as usual) and VW is in coming up with a solution (also as usual). Pretty dumb that we are being punished for VWs lack of planning and slow action - they agreed to certain settlement dates and just aren't hitting them because there are no penalties for failure to comply (or rather, no one is enforcing the penalties initially laid out).

Last edited by Fourplay; February 3rd, 2018 at 16:12.
Fourplay is offline   Reply With Quote