www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI Power Enhancements

TDI Power Enhancements Discussions about increasing the power of your TDI engine. i.e. chips, injectors, powerboxes, clutches, etc. Handling, suspensions, wheels, type discussion should be put into the "Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)" forum. Non TDI vehicle related postings will be moved or removed. Please note the Performance Disclaimer.

Old January 29th, 2018, 22:21   #1
Cchudalla

Default 2.0cr beetle intercooler hose leaking

I've replaced the seals in the factory fittings and only made the leaks worse, does anybody know anywhere that sells silicon hoses that can clamp on or am I stuck with the factory fittings until I upgrade the intercooler. If I am stuck using the factory hoses does any body have any tips to install the seals so they don't leak.
Thanks
Cchudalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2018, 06:23   #2
travis45
Veteran Member

Darkside sells a piping kit. Lots of work to get it installed though.
14 Sportwagen TDI CR170 Frankenstien hybrid 2056 Turbo, Rawtek turbo back exhaust, Malone Stage 3, CP3 Fuel Pump, Malone DSG Tune, Panzer, 19" Konig Oversteer Wheels, Fluidamper Crank Pulley, H&R 22mm rear sway bar, PolarFIS. Soon to install Darkside intercooler and piping, Wavetrac LSD.
travis45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2018, 11:49   #3
turbobrick240
Veteran Member

^ yup, the darkside kit is probably your best option. I'd do the intercooler upgrade and boost piping upgrade at the same time. You could always try to epoxy the stock junk together if you plan to rip it out soon anyhow.
turbobrick240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2018, 14:16   #4
Mongler98
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Race: 12mpg, Gandma:65mpg

Lube up all your seals with a bit of grey RTV. Make sure everything is 100% clean before you do. Put a tiny bit of OIL on the seat that the o'rings go into and seat against. Now put some rtv on the orings and assemble very lightly, finger tight. wait 1 hour, now tighten down properly. if thats not fixing it then replace parts or upgrade. If its the boot, get some upgraded clamps vs the spring ones. CLEAN everything you put together with a rag that has some brake clean on it so that the oil does not let the boots slip off. DO NOT SPRAY brake clean or anything into the pipes, this will cause a run away for a moment or worse. Trust me, scared the CRAP out of me the first time i started it up after taking ONE pipe off that i cleaned up with parts cleaner, lasted 2 seconds. Not good but no harm i think.

Big 10.4 on the darkside kit. you have no idea how much work it is to replace it though, worth it IMHO.
Mongler98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2018, 08:03   #5
Cchudalla

I definitely plan on the darkside kit in the future, but now I have a check engine light wondering if it could be from a boost leak? So if that's the case I'll be getting the darkside kit sooner then I thought lol, but I'm taking it to get scanned after work since I don't have VAG yet
Cchudalla is offline   Reply With Quote