2.0cr beetle intercooler hose leaking

Cchudalla

TDI
2013 Beetle CJAA 6sd
I've replaced the seals in the factory fittings and only made the leaks worse, does anybody know anywhere that sells silicon hoses that can clamp on or am I stuck with the factory fittings until I upgrade the intercooler. If I am stuck using the factory hoses does any body have any tips to install the seals so they don't leak.
Thanks

travis45

Veteran Member
TDI
14 Sportwagen, 96 Passat TDI Sedan
Darkside sells a piping kit. Lots of work to get it installed though.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
^ yup, the darkside kit is probably your best option. I'd do the intercooler upgrade and boost piping upgrade at the same time. You could always try to epoxy the stock junk together if you plan to rip it out soon anyhow.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Lube up all your seals with a bit of grey RTV. Make sure everything is 100% clean before you do. Put a tiny bit of OIL on the seat that the o'rings go into and seat against. Now put some rtv on the orings and assemble very lightly, finger tight. wait 1 hour, now tighten down properly. if thats not fixing it then replace parts or upgrade. If its the boot, get some upgraded clamps vs the spring ones. CLEAN everything you put together with a rag that has some brake clean on it so that the oil does not let the boots slip off. DO NOT SPRAY brake clean or anything into the pipes, this will cause a run away for a moment or worse. Trust me, scared the CRAP out of me the first time i started it up after taking ONE pipe off that i cleaned up with parts cleaner, lasted 2 seconds. Not good but no harm i think.

Big 10.4 on the darkside kit. you have no idea how much work it is to replace it though, worth it IMHO.

Cchudalla

TDI
2013 Beetle CJAA 6sd
I definitely plan on the darkside kit in the future, but now I have a check engine light wondering if it could be from a boost leak? So if that's the case I'll be getting the darkside kit sooner then I thought lol, but I'm taking it to get scanned after work since I don't have VAG yet