www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You




Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old December 13th, 2017, 18:15   #61
Q5TDI
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: US
TDI(s): Q5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyehead View Post
Who the hell writes letters anymore? Is there an email address for them?
64. Do I have a lawyer in the case?
Yes. The Court has appointed lawyers to represent all Class Members as “Class Counsel.” You will not
be charged for contacting these lawyers. Please contact them through info@vwclasscounsel.com or
1-(800) 948-2181.

Elizabeth Cabraser, Lead Counsel
Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein, LLP
275 Battery Street, 29th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94111
ecabraser@lchb.com
Q5TDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2017, 09:38   #62
MBQ
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Fuel Economy: 43.5MPG
Default

Would somebody do a dyno on my 2014 A6 TDI? I would like to compare the power/torque curve before/after fix if there is an approved fix to be announced coming next Wednesday.

I bet it'll be vastly different.
MBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2017, 11:21   #63
bhuizer
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Iowa
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBQ View Post
Would somebody do a dyno on my 2014 A6 TDI? I would like to compare the power/torque curve before/after fix if there is an approved fix to be announced coming next Wednesday.

I bet it'll be vastly different.
Better turn the steering wheel a couple times while it's on the dyno
bhuizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2017, 15:59   #64
911c4fan
Newbie
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuizer View Post
Better turn the steering wheel a couple times while it's on the dyno
I literally laughed out loud...hilarious.
911c4fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2017, 21:39   #65
Franklosa
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Virginia
Default

My 2014 Touareg TDI received the fix two weeks ago. I've gone approximately 400 miles on its first tank, and have a bit more than 1/4 left.

My TDI has been averaging 23 mpg on highway runs, according the the display (45 min ,no traffic, 65-75 mph) .

Tonight's highway run was an anomaly, just barely hit 26 mpg average after 40 minutes,...the TDI could not get above 23 mpg average the during the first 24 minutes.

In spite of the TDI's "achievement" of hitting 26 mpg average tonight (highway, no traffic, started driving 100 yards from highway entrance), the fix has sucked,...I feel it every time I drive it:
- averaging 23 mpg when I'm used to seeing 30 on the highway
- increased downshifting to accelerate or pass
- higher shift points, holding gears
- a coasting feeling when in normal traffic around town
- more brakes downhill
Franklosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2017, 05:21   #66
Nash_TDI
Veteran Member -TDIClub Enthusiast
 
Nash_TDI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Louisville, ky
Fuel Economy: 63.25mpg max
Default

Did somebody say nobody makes a trans tune for these cars?
__________________
2.0 ALH, GTB2260, 12mm, etc, etc.....
www.nashimporters.com http://louisvillevw.org/
TDI Repair Available, TBs, Clutches, Manual Swaps, BSM, etc..
PD Cam tools, BSM tool, VE & PD TB tool rental available.
Nash_TDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2017, 10:58   #67
bird67
Veteran Member
 
bird67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Snowy North
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklosa View Post
My 2014 Touareg TDI received the fix two weeks ago. I've gone approximately 400 miles on its first tank, and have a bit more than 1/4 left.

My TDI has been averaging 23 mpg on highway runs, according the the display (45 min ,no traffic, 65-75 mph) .

Tonight's highway run was an anomaly, just barely hit 26 mpg average after 40 minutes,...the TDI could not get above 23 mpg average the during the first 24 minutes.

In spite of the TDI's "achievement" of hitting 26 mpg average tonight (highway, no traffic, started driving 100 yards from highway entrance), the fix has sucked,...I feel it every time I drive it:
- averaging 23 mpg when I'm used to seeing 30 on the highway
- increased downshifting to accelerate or pass
- higher shift points, holding gears
- a coasting feeling when in normal traffic around town
- more brakes downhill
Frank, to mollify those who say that the Touareg's MFD (display) cannot be relied upon to determine whether the vehicle's MPG has dropped, would you be willing to hand-calculate your post-fix mileage, either on your current tank or the next?
__________________
Avatar: Touareg TDI during its emissions testing "perp walk" of shame.
bird67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2017, 13:03   #68
nayr
Veteran Member
 
nayr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Denver, CO
TDI(s): 2014 Audi Q7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash_TDI View Post
Did somebody say nobody makes a trans tune for these cars?
Nope, but recoding it might help.. anyone fixed w/a Vag com wanna try this: http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f9...ml#post1908817
__________________
2014 Audi Q7 Prestige, Air Suspension, 30in BFG All Terrains on 17in Wheels - #dieselgate upgrade
2013 Golf 6MT 5 Door, Tech Pkg, Malone Stg2, Westfallia Hitch, Frost Heater, Escort Passport, Tow Bags, Runflats - (RIP: March 2013 - April 2017)
1975 Westfallia 4MT - ALH Conversion in progress.
nayr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2017, 15:16   #69
dyehead
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Los Angeles
Default

Just got my car back from the dealer.

The foreman acknowledged all of my concerns as being legit and repeated it to me today. He even said that he took videos of the problem and sent them to Audi.

Audi responded by saying that the power band kicks in at 1800rpm as expected. They completely ignored the fact that now it takes an extra full second+ to get to the 1800rpm.

Currently on hold with Audi of America customer service. I left a VM for the counsel a couple days ago and haven't heard back.
dyehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2017, 15:45   #70
dyehead
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Los Angeles
Default

After 30 minutes on the phone with them, they have told me that I have already reached the highest level of escalation and will not be entertaining my concerns any longer.
Here are the notes from the dealer:



Looks like I can't post images? Here's a link: https://imgur.com/a/4MunI

It clearly states that they were able to reproduce the issue.

Audi of America's response is "It states that the car performs *similarly* to a car that had not undergone the fix"

When I asked what *similarly* meant they were unable to answer or provide technical details.

Need more people up in arms about this. I'm planning my next move, but this is unacceptable. I've literally nearly been hit exiting a parking lot already because I didn't have the response I was expecting from the pedal and my 2 and 5 year olds were in the car.
dyehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2017, 18:37   #71
MBQ
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Fuel Economy: 43.5MPG
Default

WOW, just WOW. What a shiiiity show from VW. The almighty EPA/CARB and our dear PSC lawyers did a pathetic job representing us car owners.

Last edited by MBQ; December 15th, 2017 at 19:22.
MBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2017, 19:55   #72
Mythdoc
Veteran Member
 
Mythdoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Tennessee
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyehead View Post
After 30 minutes on the phone with them, they have told me that I have already reached the highest level of escalation and will not be entertaining my concerns any longer.
Here are the notes from the dealer:



Looks like I can't post images? Here's a link: https://imgur.com/a/4MunI

It clearly states that they were able to reproduce the issue.

Audi of America's response is "It states that the car performs *similarly* to a car that had not undergone the fix"

When I asked what *similarly* meant they were unable to answer or provide technical details.

Need more people up in arms about this. I'm planning my next move, but this is unacceptable. I've literally nearly been hit exiting a parking lot already because I didn't have the response I was expecting from the pedal and my 2 and 5 year olds were in the car.
Hmm. It sounds like they have retuned it in such a way that it behaves more like a turbocharged gasser engine. That stabbing the pedal is very like what one has to do with the 2.0 TSFI.

What puzzles me is that reports I’ve read about fixed performance run about 50/50 between “very little difference” and “bloody awful.” On the Touareg site the main complaint seems to be that the reduction in engine braking is missed by some drivers. I’d like to know why Q7’s seem to be more badly impacted.
__________________
“Yeah, well, y’know, that’s just like, uh... your OPINION, man.” —The Dude
2015 Q5 TDI w/ Chipwerke tuner, 30K Miles

2015 Golf TDI SE, Lighting Package, 16K miles
2011 Touareg TDI (sold back, May 2018); 2015 Golf TDI S (totaled, Oct 2018)
Mythdoc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2017, 20:17   #73
MBQ
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Fuel Economy: 43.5MPG
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythdoc View Post
Hmm. It sounds like they have retuned it in such a way that it behaves more like a turbocharged gasser engine. That stabbing the pedal is very like what one has to do with the 2.0 TSFI.

What puzzles me is that reports I’ve read about fixed performance run about 50/50 between “very little difference” and “bloody awful.” On the Touareg site the main complaint seems to be that the reduction in engine braking is missed by some drivers. I’d like to know why Q7’s seem to be more badly impacted.
Way worse than a turbo gasser, I would dare to say.

Less smooth, less power/torque, less safe, and of course less refined.
MBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2017, 16:55   #74
Mythdoc
Veteran Member
 
Mythdoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Tennessee
Default

Soon, if all goes as expected, we'll have some PC fixes to report, including mine. I run a Chipwerke piggyback module already and plan to continue using it after the fix. It could make a significant difference in counteracting the EPA (de)tune. I'll be reporting on it in the Audi SUV area of this forum.
__________________
“Yeah, well, y’know, that’s just like, uh... your OPINION, man.” —The Dude
2015 Q5 TDI w/ Chipwerke tuner, 30K Miles

2015 Golf TDI SE, Lighting Package, 16K miles
2011 Touareg TDI (sold back, May 2018); 2015 Golf TDI S (totaled, Oct 2018)
Mythdoc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2017, 18:21   #75
MBQ
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Fuel Economy: 43.5MPG
Default

Are we, the consumers, letting VW get away from all this mess?

Are we going to be the powerless herd raped by the EPA/CARB and the PSC lawyers?
MBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Appointment set for my 2.0L TDI Engine (GEN 3) Emissions Control Software - Stg 1 Mod j2112morris Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal 283 September 11th, 2017 16:45
Gen 1 2.0L modification appointment schedule and report Dieselchen Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal 2 August 1st, 2017 21:09
Gen 2 2.0l Fix announcement 5/19/17 jdyno718 Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal 75 July 2nd, 2017 15:43
Anyone ever used the bridge warranty on the 3.0L gen 2 yet? MBQ Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal 12 June 6th, 2017 20:25
3.0L tdi's 1st Gen's long term options. petee_c Ontario 10 February 1st, 2017 17:44


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright - TDIClub Online LTD - 2017
Contact Us | Privacy Statement | Forum Rules | Disclaimer
TDIClub Online Ltd (TDIClub.com) is not affiliated with the VWoA or VWAG and is supported by contributions from viewers like you.
© 1996 - 2017, All Rights Reserved
Page generated in 0.19588 seconds with 10 queries
[Output: 133.02 Kb. compressed to 112.00 Kb. by saving 21.02 Kb. (15.80%)]