FS: 2012 Passat TDI SE DSG $12,500*

Status
Not open for further replies.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
Sadly, the time has come for VeeDubTDI and I to part with our 2012 Passat TDI. As everyone is aware, VW is offering to buy this car back.

So here's the deal... the buyback offer is $17,987. The modification offer is $5,487. If you pay us the buyback amount up front, we won't complete our claim on the car. You can then get the $5,487, bringing your cost to $12,500.

Our goal is to get the car into the hands of someone who will enjoy it, not to make more $$ than we would from VW.

Some details on the car:

2012 Passat SE TDI DSG. 105,xxx miles.
Night Blue Metallic paint, black interior. DSG w/ Sunroof.
Malone DSG tune (this will probably get overwritten by the emissions fix)
VW CC seats front seats (12 way adjustable and they go much lower than the NMS seats)
Passat SEL back seat
18" Bristol wheels (from an SEL)
Upgraded rear sway bar
Springs and shocks from a 20k mile SEL
Chinese market LED tail lights, front fog lights. Tail lights are run by a Curt trailer light controller.

Note that I'm not asking any additional $$ for the upgrades listed above.

Optional Extras:
RNS 510 nav system - $400
Audi A8 replica 18" wheels w/ new Michelin Pilot Sport AS3 tires - $1200
Chinese market NMS bixenon lights, with AFS (lights turn when you steer) - $400
Cobra 29LX CB radio setup, with amp - $300 (PM for more details)

Scratches on the DS rear of the bumper from a hit and run while parked:

We've really enjoyed this car. We bought it from Chris with 8 miles on the odometer, and have made many many road trips with it. It's been to Washington State twice, New Hampshire and Maine several times, and Michigan quite a bit! The only repairs we've needed to do were wheel bearings (under warranty), adblue heater (also warranty), and replace the driver's side axle due to a manufacturing defect in one of the CV boots.

EDIT: This car has been sold back to VW. The VIN was 1VWBN7A32CC076511.

Thanks for looking!

-Jason

Last edited:

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
Bumping this up. Paperwork time is fast approaching.

Alternately, if someone is interested in buying the upgrades (lights, seats) we would be interested in selling those separately.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Our thread about the LED taillights is here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=352634

They've been fantastic. They're bright and look very good on the car; much more visible than the stock taillights. $450 with your lights sent to us a cores. Please save them from the crusher.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
Paperworks came back from VW today. There's been 0 interested in someone buying the car :( I'll post another thread soon about some of the fancy parts....

FMinMI

TDI
Paperworks came back from VW today. There's been 0 interested in someone buying the car :( I'll post another thread soon about some of the fancy parts....
I would be interested in the RNS-510 & BT module if you are selling it separately..

Frank in Michigan

FMinMI

TDI
PM sent about the Nav & 9W7
That's odd. I have nothing in my inbox. But a couple days after posting I found an auction on eBay that had only a day left and bid on it. It is coming tomorrow.

Sorry. Hope everything works out.

Frank in Michigan

FMinMI

TDI
Hmm. Not sure what's up with that, I sent the note just after posting that message.
I read your post, went to my inbox, saw nothing, then replied. About a minute later I saw that I had something new in the INBOX. I was just too fast.

All is good...

Frank in Michigan

2TDIs_1Cup

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Cup Edition
I was under the impression that you couldn't do a buyback if you bought the car after the scandal broke. Or at the very least you couldn't get the full value of the restitution money. But I did the repair option on my 2010 Jetta, so I guess it could be different for the passats.

Blakejc18

TDI
2013 Passat SE, 2014 Jetta
2tdis1cup- you are mistaken, i have a 2014 Jetta TDI that i bought 3 months ago, the paperwork is approved and i can set up my appointment anytime. The deadline to submit paperwork is September 1st and the buyback has to be done before the end of the year.

nforkvw

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 TDI Jetta 6 Speed Manual / Gray, 2009 VW Jetta TDI 6 speed manual / Red,
Same thing on my (2) 2009s, no interest and they are well maintained, I'll have to turn them in, I hate to see them go to the crusher, but I have (2) 2015s to take their place.

Strykeviper

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS 5 speed swap, 2002 Jetta Wagon, 2015 Passat SEL, 2013 Jetta Sportwagen
I think the hard part is to justify the price versus buying a newer one. I bought a 2015 Passat Sel, one owner, no accidents, for $15k with 36k miles from a local dealer. The same local dealer always has several from $15-16k with as low as 12k miles. I have already filed the paperwork to get the 2nd half of the fix restitution. Will bring the final price down to around $12300

Status
Not open for further replies.