Knurren is for sale. 2003 Jetta (Golf) Wagon GLS TDI 5M 230k miles

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
CAR SOLD for $5,700

I purchased this car in October 2010 from the original owner and TDIClub member Leo819 with 148k miles. It is now sporting 230k and running as good as ever.

Some basics and modifications and when they were installed.

The Basics:
  • 2003 Jetta Wagon
  • WVW Germany built VIN
  • Reflex SIlver
  • 5 Speed.
  • ~230k miles
  • Power windows, mirrors
  • Black cloth interior, non heated seats.

Exterior:
  • GTI Nose Swap 10/23/11
  • Depo Smoked E-Code HeadLights w/fogs, LED City lights.with GLASS lenses
  • Back, rear and rear doors tinted 20% Llumar (DARK!)
  • Front doors Tinted like 35% (too dark)
  • Factory VW Steel Skidplate
  • LED turn lights on front fenders
  • Rear Fog light.
  • Aspherical Mirrors
  • Rubstrips are painted with black textured truck bed paint
  • Shark fin antenna
  • Class 1 trailer hitch.

Engine/Transmission:
  • Brand new complete T4 .216 Injectors - Installed @ 145K (so 85k miles on these)
  • Malone Stage 3 Custom tune(17.5 PSI with Dynamic idle control, and 1050 RPM permanent idle) (installed on 9/3/11)
  • Borg Warner VNT17 (Installed 178k miles 9/15/12)
  • South Bend Stage 3 Clutch with 17# Flywheel - Installed @ 145K
  • Wavetrac LSD - Installed @ 145K
  • 3.16 Final Drive - Installed @ 145K
  • Timing belt was changed @ 176k on 9/30/12 full Boraparts Kit (~45k left on this system)
  • No EGR Cooler
  • OMI
  • 2.5" Whitbread Catless Downpipe (2/26/11 153k miles) to 3" catback exhaust with resonator and mufflerectomy installed (5/18/11 158k miles)
  • Frostheater
  • 10mm rebuilt IP installed at 154k miles to solve hard starting issues.
  • 92*C MK2 hotter Thermostat (163,700 miles 11/24/11)

Interior:
  • Never Smoked in
  • 2004+ Cupholder center console
  • Audi MK1 TT pedals w/Beetle S Dead Pedal.
  • Aluminum Trim Set w/ in Dash Cup holders.
  • Full Sized Glove Box
  • McNally A pillar Pod w/EGT/Boost Gauge (0-30psi), EGT Probe relocated between the two RRs in Garrett to read properly. (2/26/11 153k miles)
  • Euroswitch
  • Monster Mats (Front & Rear)
  • Armrest with broken lid hinge (SHOCKING, I know)
  • Sunglass holder where driver side OS handle goes
  • Rear Parcel Cover included.
  • Still have all 3 keys.

Wheels & Suspension:
  • 16" New Beetle alloy wheels with Fuzion 205 55 16 tires

• Koni FSD shocks in Front, Rears replaced with Sachs shocks in the back 5/16/14 @ 199k miles VR6 Front springs Currently Sagging, Wagon rear springs. See below.
  • Audi TT front control arm bushings to be installed
  • Rear Calipers, Rotors and Pads Replaced @ 200K in 2014

Body Condition:
  • 2002 GTI 1.8t Nose with DEPO Joey modded Headlights/Foglights with GLASS lenses.
  • A couple dings on rear Driver’s side wheel Arch.
  • Scratches on rear passenger side wheel Arch.
  • Tailgate has scratches under license plate holder and there is a small pea sized ding.

Issues:
  • the suspension is tired, with the Heavy Steel skidplate, the old VR6 Springs are sagging hard. I have a complete all around suspension setup that comes with the car with new Koni Orange Shocks & Struts, Suplex VR6 Front & Wagon Rear springs, Mounts, Bolts, loaded Control Arms, Ball joints, Tie rods, 10mm spacers, and sway bar bushings.

In addition to all of the suspension bits, you will also receive a complete oil change and filter kit, I just changed the oil and fuel filters this past weekend so you are good to go for a while.

I would like to start at $6000. OBO.

This car has been TDIclub Owned since new, It has been my baby. it is very responsive, and makes lots of fun noises with the opened exhaust, however the resonator keeps it civil when just driving around. The Borg Warner VNT-17 is very responsive and shows little lag.

Let me know if there is more you want to know.

I would like for this car to stay in the TDIClub Family if at all possible.

Last edited:

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
This car averages 45 MPG since 11/2015 almost every fill up in the last 80k miles has been on B20 from virgin soy sources available at pumps nearby.

The headlights,

The exhaust

Trailer hitch (I admit, I only used this one time, it comes with 2 trailer ball sizes and a tool to swap them out)

Parcel cover

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Bump for Monday.

Price includes almost $1000 in new suspension parts... Click for larger view. Total in this cart is $942...

Last edited:

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
I'll show this to my youngest,not sure if he'd be into the wagon thing or not,but it would help when he's carting all his tools around. Does this have a cat. converter? The front windows are also too dark to pass NYS inspection now.....

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
sorry, not CAT, EGR is a Stealth Racepipe with the ASV only (not hooks up currently)
and yes, the front windows are very dark.

This car is very fun to drive though. and Wagons are cool. this is not the 80s family truckster...

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
Do you know if all the monitors say ready when it is scanned? NY can only have 1 not ready on a '01 or '02 and up. If only I didn't have my new Jetta.....

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
I can check later tonight and let you know. where do those show up? we dont have any of that E Check stuff here so I am not familiar.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Use VCDS in the "OBD-II" mode, and check for readiness monitors.

The readiness in the VAG side won't show what the gov't systems want to see.

Nice car, wish I could sell a $6k kidney. :eek:

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Entertaining a full price offer from a co-worker, will let the masses know if that falls thorough.

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Bump, Wagon is back on the market.

Who's looking for afun one? :D

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Bump for a great wagon and an honest seller. This is a good car that's been around the Club for a long time. And take it from me, there may not be a better diesel and an ALH Wagon.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
I will trade you my Lego Millenium Falcon, my Lego Camper Bus, my Lego Beetle, whatever change is in all the ashtrays of all my cars, a slightly used gift card to Sears, a pile of clothes I no longer fit in, and a heap of defunct CRT computer monitors. :D

Seriously, though, someone should snatch this car up. I would if I could. I have told several people about it, wish someone would follow through. Pisses me off when friends/family hear me boast about my TDIs, then say "man, if you ever run across a nice one for sale, let me know" then when I DO run across one, they suddenly get cold feet. :rolleyes:

Good luck with your sale, Aaron. I'll keep pushing it.

slyk

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, 6spd
If you'd be willing to sell the suspension refresh parts separately, let me know. You might do better than trying to roll them into the car since many buyers won't want to do all that work.

I don't even feel like doing all that work, but for the right price I would update my wagon's suspension -- the springs and struts/shocks are exactly what I would update with.

Edit: If you're willing to hold the parts for a couple months, shipping would be to Iowa instead of Alaska.

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Let me see how the sale goes from here.

I do still have another mk4 golf I could use the suspension bits on in the future if buyers aren't interested in those parts. I would prefer to let them go with this car but all is negotiable.

artdeco42

TDI
2003 VW Golf TDI
That is one sweet ride !

I would love to buy her, but I am broke from ordering a manual transmission conversion kit last month.

I hope she goes to a good home.

benIV

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 PG 5m Jetta GL Sedan, 2003 RS 5m Jetta GLS Wagon (Golf Variant)
I'm interested... but was wondering about maintenance. Is the regular maintenance any more advanced or intensive? I was just thinking that there might be a lot more to do on a regular basis with all those upgrades vs a stock jetta. I know you mentioned the suspension, but is there anything else, outside of regular maintenance, that would or may soon need to be done to her?

Last edited:

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Deposit received.

Considering car sold pending pickup arrangements.

benIV

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 PG 5m Jetta GL Sedan, 2003 RS 5m Jetta GLS Wagon (Golf Variant)
So excited. So glad I had the chance to meet you and your town. What a great place. Ride back was fun except for the monsoon. Got home around midnight. Just sitting in the DMV waiting to retitle. Knurren was a blast to drive. If it's alright with you I'd like to continue using the name as an homage to its past.
Thanks again!!!

PS. Three times as many people in the DMV and they've got two people working. Send some of your BMV people down here to show them how to do it right. Lol

Last edited:

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Feel free to keep the name. no worries.

I did forget to mention that the antenna base/amplifier may need replaced, the shark fin that is on there doesn't get great reception.

Glad you are enjoying the car! sorry your BMV sucks the big one.