www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI News/Tech

TDI News/Tech This Forum is for the posting of TDI news related items.

Closed Thread

Old December 11th, 2016, 23:09   #181
turbovan+tdi
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cseress View Post
The 2013s do not have a 100,000 mile 10 year warranty because VW has always contended that it was primarily a mis-fueling problem (which was NOT the findings in the report; it points to a Bosch injector) and since they created the "smart" gas tanks, they believe it is solved.
Since my VIN was registered, they told the local dealership (Sunset) that they would not grant good will to fix my car ($7800 or 30% of its buy back value). Sunset then started closing doors on me. They offered me their $25 rental rate at enterprise, which I used for two months. They offered to "make sure your car gets on that buy back truck" and they offered me 100% financing on a new vehicle (since I needed the trade in value of the car to get a new one).
But there's no offer yet, and I'm going into month 3 off the road. I really believe that VW and their dealerships OUGHT TO DISCLOSE the HPFP failure risk. Many 2013+ Passats are failing (google it) and we're all left out here.
In the meantime, I am off the road, racking up expenses and no one will "do the right thing," which would be to fix my car on their dime since they did not disclose!
That's why you research before buying a car.

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=jetta+diesel+issues+2009%2B
2003 JSW 1.8T future TDI, silver. 2006 JSW, TDI 5 speed, blue.
Old December 12th, 2016, 10:04   #182
Kalevi1Poeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coal Roller View Post
With respect to the whole "Climate Change" thing, CO2, and the "carbon footprint" this video is well worth your time. As Dennis Miller said "Beware of "prophets" making "profits".

http://carbon-sense.com/2014/12/22/t...rming-swindle/
Another PizzaGate conspiracy nutjob. We will all be living like China with our charcoal facemasks as foreshadowed by Trump's EPA pick.
Old December 12th, 2016, 10:30   #183
turbocharged798
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 40-50mpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by oprn View Post
There are so many conflicting stats on what emissions are from so many "experts" what can you believe?
That's because its easy to cherry pick data to support your position. This is happening on BOTH SIDES.

With that said, I think the EPA needs to give diesels more room on NOx and PM as they produce much less HCs and CO than gassers. Like almost 0.

But that's using logic, something that seems to be going away with every generation.
Old December 12th, 2016, 10:48   #184
Steve Addy
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 97 Mk3

Quote:
Originally Posted by flee View Post
Okay, let's wait until we have a runaway CO2 driven surface temperature rise.
I kind of like the Earth's weather the way it is now.
I mean, it would be handy to have Venus' atmospheric condition of 900+ degrees
if you run a smelter, but that's about the only plus.
None of the climate change issues can be proven, they're all derived from models that have humans with an agenda on the back end.

Besides, I give mother nature a lot more credit, you can look anywhere and see where our built environment is attacked by nature. We have roads decaying because of nature, buildings that need perpetual maintenance because of nature. Nature is a lot more robust than any of the climate change believers want to admit.

As for surface temps, well I think maybe there's something new here.

The problem I have with all this climate change nonsense is that we have no baseline for anything, it's all made up. The earth has never been in a steady state, it goes through natural changes all by itself, so when something changes people freak out and point to emissions or something that man has done when I seriously doubt that man is strong enough to destroy nature through our casual existence.

Seriously folks, Al Gore (etc) has made a mountain of money peddling this fiction, get over it.

As for the emission standards, I think we have bureaucrats deciding what emission levels should be and they probably don't really know how that impacts business. What I do know though is if government takes out business because of some flawed models about how we're destroying the planet that your paycheck will probably disappear. Now that's what I would be really worried about, losing a paycheck because of some bureaucrat and an overzealous govt agency.

And as someone else mentioned way back on page 1, don't tell the Mk3/Mk4/B4 owners that diesel is going away because for those owners the scandal means very little.

Steve

You didn't poison the coffee, did you? Not anymore than I usually do.

Last edited by Steve Addy; December 12th, 2016 at 10:59.
Old December 12th, 2016, 11:22   #185
jackbombay
Veteran Member

TDI(s): A4 Jetta
Fuel Economy: 57/43/32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coal Roller View Post
With respect to the whole "Climate Change" thing, CO2, and the "carbon footprint" this video is well worth your time. As Dennis Miller said "Beware of "prophets" making "profits".

http://carbon-sense.com/2014/12/22/t...rming-swindle/

Hp vs. TQ
Old December 12th, 2016, 11:23   #186
jackbombay
Veteran Member

TDI(s): A4 Jetta
Fuel Economy: 57/43/32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Addy View Post
The problem I have with all this climate change nonsense is that we have no baseline for anything, it's all made up.
You believe that all the weather and temp data we have from the last couple of hundred years is all made up?

Hp vs. TQ
Old December 12th, 2016, 12:09   #187
aja8888
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: About as good as it gets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackbombay View Post
You believe that all the weather and temp data we have from the last couple of hundred years is all made up?
A couple of hundred years don't add up to a pimple on a dinosaur's ass.

By the way, what happened to those dinosaurs anyway? Too much Co2? NOx? Maybe the cave man's open burning?
Bring the 1971 Beetle back to life thread:
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=472400
Old December 12th, 2016, 12:09   #188
truman
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackbombay View Post
Polar ice core studies reveal an oscillating pattern of temperature data over the last 400,000 years. 200 yrs may reveal a trend over the near term, but that's about it. Global warming/climate change is a political agenda whose most likely purpose is the redistribution of wealth and consolidation of power in the hands of a few.
Scientists can prove which ever side of the equation we choose to fund.

Last edited by truman; December 12th, 2016 at 12:12.
Old December 12th, 2016, 12:21   #189
flee
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 40-ish

It's like I was telling my kids: There'd be less climate change if there were fewer people!
Old December 12th, 2016, 12:29   #190
turbobrick240
Veteran Member

I think we are still suffering from manifest destiny in this country. God gave us all these wonderful natural resources, therefore we should burn them up just as fast as possible. Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!
Old December 12th, 2016, 13:03   #191
aja8888
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: About as good as it gets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbobrick240 View Post
I think we are still suffering from manifest destiny in this country. God gave us all these wonderful natural resources, therefore we should burn them up just as fast as possible. Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!
Well, how fast is too fast?

Plus, we have lots of coal left too, which is also a natural resource.
Bring the 1971 Beetle back to life thread:
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=472400
Old December 12th, 2016, 13:46   #192
turbobrick240
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aja8888 View Post
Well, how fast is too fast?
Plus, we have lots of coal left too, which is also a natural resource.
I don't know the answer to that. I just want a livable planet for my grandkids and their offspring.
Closed Thread